sharetrader
Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Hybrid View

I don't see why Rubicon should have any overheads. Mr Moriarty should be able to run the outfit from his laptop on the back porch, copying and pasteing the interim and annual report text and diagrams year by year from the previous ones.
    What a sad state of a company at the moment. Sitting on stakes in ArborGen and Tenon and doing absolutely nothing else to increase value for shareholders.
    The only dim light on the horizon is the possible ArborGen IPO, but with absolutely no information on possible timing, any real reason now for the delay, and an exchange rate which they obviously have no cover for, it is making the Board and Management appear to be a bunch of lethargic and incompetent wishful thinkers.

Same old....
    https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3359559
    still a long wait for anything tangible......almost sounds like it was written to appease disgruntled watchers like on this forum.

If they can also IPO ArborGen, calendar 2014 could/should be a very good year for Rubicon.

Then again, I could also be an incompetent wishful thinker.

All IMO DYOR

https://nzx.com/companies/RBC/announcements/220788

This announcement was made back in March 2012. Given that the regulatory approval process has been shortened to 13 - 16 months, we should be hearing something regarding the approval for Eucalyptus very soon. Maybe then this dog will get a kick.

But then again, this dog is lazy and bloated, so I won't hold my breath.

They still require IPO for expansion, I predicted it would be in the 1st 1/4 '13, certainly got that wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    They still require IPO for expansion, I predicted it would be in the 1st 1/4 '13, certainly got that wrong!
    Maybe by only 12 months though Ari? Good to see the price firming. I see today 100,000 @ 35c which was a crossing, so last sale still shows as 33c .
    The 3 month graph looks pretty impressive, but alas on tiny volume.
    I am continuing to be patient with RBC. I think the eventual return will justify the wait. Things may start to build with the thought of an ArboGen IPO next year.
    Interesting too that most of the RBC shares are pretty tightly help by the major shareholders. If Mr Market wants some of these in any volume when their fortunes turn, then the share price could well be squeezed upwards somewhat markedly. The 30s and 40s may suddenly appear to have been good value.
    Disc. Holder of RBC and have been waiting for much longer than originally anticipated.
    Last edited by biker; 09-08-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Disc. Holder of RBC and have been waiting for much longer than originally anticipated.
    Snap, me too. I was a little out with prediction but surely it has to be soon. As you say, tiny volumes for these tightly held shares. The issue last year was meant to elleviate this but I think there is a lot out there (like me) who need to hang in for the day! Only 44% behind!

ArborGen Press Release

August 8, 2013
    New Research Validates the Value of ArborGen's MCP®Seedlings for Landowners

http://www.arborgen.us/index.php/res...press-releases

Disc. Holder of RBC and have been waiting for much longer than originally anticipated.[/QUOTE]

Same here Biker, Bought in Oct 2004 74c, even bought some more at 60c march 2010 and averaged - sold @ 1.20 Dec 2010 and 1.19 March 2011. Made about $27k but over 7 years!!! be warned it could be a long haul you newbies, I know the company well and will not buy again. I missed the fall by about 2 months thank goodness.

Funny enough I put a bid in for 50k at 35c 11/05/2011 when they plummeted from this high (the IPO failed) and the NZX refused to sell me, too low a bid they said. I complained and finally they allowed me but I then withdrew. Pleased I did, I think they went to 28C after that.

Long term holding is sometimes necessary, but I think I was wrong to hold RBC for so long, "everyone has the brains to make money on the stockmarket, but not everyone has the stomach" my fav saying and hence I tend not to panick. My problem has always been getting out with a loss, a loss sticks in my craw, so I hold - in RBCs case with no income from my Capital and for far too long.

Todays NBR has an article about Rubicon in the Shoeshine column. I don't think it's accessible on line, but it's worth a read.

It basically makes the point that as a result of the improving US housing market and equity markets, Rubicon's time may be about to come again. Quotes an analyst report indicating a Tenon shareprice value of over $2, and Rubicon shareprice target of 57c to 84c.

The article is resonably optomistic but we have been here before and I guess time will tell. In the mean time, I won't get my hopes up.