sharetrader
Page 613 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 11351356360360961061161261361461561661762366371311131613 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 23755

Quote Originally Posted by JCM View Post

Thanks for that additional info. It would be great to get some figures behind how much growth they can support with current/forecast production of A2.
    Agreed. For some reason though they didn't wanted to give me these data. Apparently they think they are commercially sensitive .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/amazon...s14b-ck-204269

Whole foods is one of stockists of A2 milk in US being bought over by Amazon.

Investor

Latest article from Prof Keith Woodford..

https://keithwoodford.wordpress.com/...aki/#more-1696

Few relevant points I've copied out as below...

I shared with my Taranaki audience some thoughts about dairying of the future, but I only needed to look forward a few years to see an industry that will look very different to what we have now. To start with, the herds of the future will all be A2.

I have been promoting the notion of converting our herds to A2 for more than 10 years. It has been a bruising journey with both facts and ‘alternative facts’ brought forth in the debate. But in the long run, it can only end up one way.
    It is only ten years ago that the shares of The a2 Milk Company (ATM) were worth about eight cents. As I write this on June 19 2017, the share value has climbed above $4. ATM now has a capital value approaching $3 billion, and is the darling of the New Zealand Stock Exchange.

This close-to-3 billion ATM share value reflects the value of products (primarily infant formula and fresh milk) coming from just 65 Synlait farms in New Zealand (for infant formula) plus perhaps another 35 ATM direct-supply farms in Australia, the UK and the USA (for fresh milk). In comparison, Fonterra has a market value of about $9 billion but that is from the milk from more than 10,000 farms.

Producing A2 milk, i.e. milk that is free of A1 beta-casein, is a breeding pathway open to any New Zealand farmer. Delaying the conversion only turns an opportunity into a profound risk.

There are some hundreds of New Zealand farmers who are on the conversion journey, and the big global semen companies tell me they are ready for a global rush of demand for A2 semen. But most New Zealand dairy farmers have believed the soothing messages from their processing companies and herd-improvement company LIC that it is not going to be a key issue. I expect to be writing a lot more about A2 again over coming months, with a pulse of new science in the pipeline.

Harbour locking in some profit?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/260277.pdf
    why would the chief Ex sell-down yesterday .
    maybe scared a few people today . ??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/260277.pdf
    why would the chief Ex sell-down yesterday .
    maybe scared a few people today . ??
    Just selling around half of his wife's shares by the looks, he still holds a heap of options.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Just selling around half of his wife's shares by the looks, he still holds a heap of options.
    And 150,000 ordinary shares in wife's name.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I will ask the question anyway.

When does the Fresha Valley license end for distribution of A2 milk in NZ? I would like to think A2 will try to replicate what they have done in Australia with branded A2 milk and other products.

I also wonder who would package this for them, could Synlaits new Auckland plant have a bottling line? Would A2 go alone? Where are they going to get all the A2 milk supply from? I wonder if there have been farms converting over the last few years in anticipation of this.

Its probably not a big $ impact if they grow NZ but it would be nice to see their presence grow here.

Investor

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post

When does the Fresha Valley license end for distribution of A2 milk in NZ? I would like to think A2 will try to replicate what they have done in Australia with branded A2 milk and other products...... Its probably not a big $ impact if they grow NZ but it would be nice to see their presence grow here.
    This from ATM's FY2013 annual report.... so we should expect an update soon?

"The Company continued discussions with the sole non-exclusive licensee for a2TM brand fresh milk in New Zealandgiven our objective to become more involved in the the sales and marketing activities in this market. The term of thecurrent license runs until May 2017 and while we are keen to become more involved, the timing now rests with the licensee. "