sharetrader
Page 598 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 9849854858859459559659759859960060160260864869810981598 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 23754
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    YEEE HA!!

Today's news confirms my long held faith in ATM. Great product, great company and great management.

Whether today's price is too high now is a question of your investment horizon. ATM have recently struggled to keep up with supply (a nice problem to have) however with SML's planned doubling of IF formula production scheduled for October 2017, the 2017/18 year is now looking very exciting.

Add to the supply improvements just some possible positives such as; a.) favourable australian court action, b.) new products, c.) improved marketing in NZ (I still struggle to buy A2 Milk in my area) d.) improved market penetration in USA and UK e.) further research findings and evidence.......etc etc.

Plenty of upside potential over the next few years IMHO (and hopefully further buying opportunities on any dips.)

DISC - Holder. DYOR.
    So very true lf, a good stock can only become a great stock by going through many hurdles the market throws at it and keep overcoming one step at a time. And at each of those step, stock gets re-rated to a new higher level.

I'm not in a hurry to take any profits anytime soon, this has got far too many legs to edge higher. May not happen overnight but in the long term. Without up ramping I can confidently say that this time next year we will see sp with $4 handle.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Worst mistake of the year for me selling out of this stock at $2.95!! At least it's one of my sharetrader picks Well done to all who held on. I was definitely expecting a drop on the way up. Will be interesting to see how the ASX performs today.
    I'm opening an old wound just to make you feel better. Bought at 50c. Sold 1/3 at $1.15 and 1/3 at $1.60. Still holding on with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    YEEE HA!!

Today's news confirms my long held faith in ATM. Great product, great company and great management.

Whether today's price is too high now is a question of your investment horizon. ATM have recently struggled to keep up with supply (a nice problem to have) however with SML's planned doubling of IF formula production scheduled for October 2017, the 2017/18 year is now looking very exciting.

Add to the supply improvements just some possible positives such as; a.) favourable australian court action, b.) new products, c.) improved marketing in NZ (I still struggle to buy A2 Milk in my area) d.) improved market penetration in USA and UK e.) further research findings and evidence.......etc etc.

Plenty of upside potential over the next few years IMHO (and hopefully further buying opportunities on any dips.)

DISC - Holder. DYOR.
    Good post mate, agree 100%. Happy holder.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I'm opening an old wound just to make you feel better. Bought at 50c. Sold 1/3 at $1.15 and 1/3 at $1.60. Still holding on with the rest.
    Thanks Silu. You still made over 100% though which is incredible! Don't think I made that much on my sell lol, but was still up so can't complain lesson for me is probably not to sell everything on the way up and adopt a similar strategy!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Thanks Silu. You still made over 100% though which is incredible! Don't think I made that much on my sell lol, but was still up so can't complain lesson for me is probably not to sell everything on the way up and adopt a similar strategy!
    Don't beat yourselves up Jeremy and Silu. I was beating myself up for selling way too early in the TIL saga, yet it is now back to levels where I sold out.

Every twist of the market is a learning opportunity.

So I thought I would share my experiences in ATM. I'm an advocate of long term holding, but as I look back on my ATM records, I realise that I have purchased/sold ATM in over 22 transactions since my first purchase in July 2014.

I started nibbling (my favourite way of purchasing a new stock) in July 2014, purchasing 3k shares at $0.67. Since that time my cheapest purchases were in March 2015 when I got a large chunk at 50c. and my most expensive purchase was recently at $2.81.

Over the years, I have always kept some skin in the ATM game, however at one stage in Dec 2015 I sold down half shares which I considered ‘toppy’ at $2.46, but surprise, surprise about 4 weeks later in Jan 2016 I purchased a heap more at $1.74 ( a gain of 72c per share!)

At another stage I sold a heap of shares because I was nervous about the state of the total market e.g. the Sept 2015 USSR incursions in Ukraine, downing of a passenger Jet along with bearish sentiments in the market at the time, (crikey there were even warnings of a biblical Shemitah cycle crisis!)

Overall my average holding cost today is 57c and ATM has grown to over 40% of my portfolio.

I remain optimistic for this share and see exciting prospects over the next 2 to 3 years, however my learning is never to be complacent, and always be prepared to sell down (to lock in gains), and always keep some skin in the game (while you have faith in the company.)
    Last edited by Leftfield; 26-04-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    LOL, Just had a look under one of my old scabs and found the most I had at any one time was 357,000 at about 50c to 60c .

Best performer I could ever hope for and it's 35% of my portfolio...I have been accumulating since I have come across a few of the Aussie forums with individuals posting useful information on Chinese sales/Aztec data etc... this trading update was no surprise to a lot of holders.

A2M are known for conservative forecasts and their guidance upgrades leading into the FY reports.

Mark my un-influential words "They are going to exceed $525M revenue FY2017".

FY2017 - Synlait IF production meets A2M demand [ no more empty shelves and 2 tins per customer limit ]

FY2018 - introduction of their adult nutrition range and reaching critical mass in the states.

Only uncertainty - Lion court case and CFDA approval.

Going mighty long on this one.
    Last edited by hardt; 26-04-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Guru

A2 trading update reported by the Financial Times of London:
    a2 Milk rises on increased Chinese demand for infant formula
    https://www.ft.com/content/ef0c8fdf-...0-6ab25c04f5db

Some Bad News from China

14 batches of imported dairy unqualified New Zealand A2, Switzerland Helda products

Date: 2017-04-25 Source: China Network Views: 357

AQSIQ website yesterday announced in March 2017 not access to food cosmetics information. China Net Finance reporter found that a total of 14 batches of unqualified imported dairy products are not allowed to access, involving New Zealand A2 and Switzerland Helda and other well-known milk prices.The report shows that a batch of "A2 milk powder" is produced by New Zealand's THE A2 MILK COMPANY (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD., Which is an import and export trade limited company, which is 1800 kg.1 batch of "Si Bao Zhi infant formula" and a batch of "Si Bao You infant formula" by the Swiss manufacturer HOCHDORF Swiss Nutrition Ltd. production, the importer for the Bao Ningjian commerce (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd., weight Each 960 kilograms.The three batches of milk powder didn't provide a certificate or proof of compliance materials, in Inner Mongolia and Shenzhen, the port has been returned for processing.
    Last edited by Lease; 27-04-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Must be a subscriber to read, but http://www.afr.com/business/retail/f...0170425-gvrq2q has the quote:

One of a2's biggest investors brushed off any stock issues and believes it could be a takeover target as large multinationals look for global growth. Both Nestle and Danone have articulated strategies to grow in Asia and beyond by acquiring brands that move them towards the health and wellness categories.