sharetrader
Page 114 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 14641041101111121131141151161171181241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 23755

We are all in it to make money, why would i buy and hold into a downtrend, the only thing im going to do there is loose money.
    Id rather loose a small amount and protect my capital.
    Sure id love to buy in a atm at 65 and have it go up to 100+ in a year or so but until the trend changes its not going to happen.

I haven't been around for long enough on this thread to be lecturing some of the old hands, but:

Why do some of our members just keep trying to score points against each other in a most personalised, negative and degrading way all the time? Where does it get them and us?

Nowhere.

When one member scores an insulting shot off another, it may give the scorer a hot feeling of satisfaction, but frankly he/she goes down in almost everyone else's estimation.

I know it's been suggested before, but let's just grow up. God, it takes bloody hours to read through this thread for just a few gems of knowledge and constructive thought. Let's just talk to each other in a civil way.

Somebody just said "we're all in it to make money". Yeah! In my case probably not for me but for my grandkids' education. I'm not a trader but I do recognise traders have their place in the market. I'm also not a TA, not because I think it's rubbish, but it just isn't my approach. We're all here for different reasons, with different areas of speciality. So let it be.

Over on PEB there's an honest attempt by a lot of contributors to add real fundamental knowedge to the equation. Some actually know what they're talking about, and it's great, although there's a fair bit of point-scoring there as well. Here, I feel real knowledge is hard to come by, mainly personal sniping. It won't change my strategy, but it infuriates me.

I once started up a tech company myself, with venture capital from a major financial institution, whose eminent boss said he expected only one in five new venture startups to reach a profit-making stage, but that would justify its losses on the other four. Mine wasn't a winner because some of my fellow directors milked it dry before it got there, but I got out with my capital intact.

But I learnt a lot from that experience, and the reason I'm an ATM holder is that several years ago I decided to risk a portion of my capital on three new tech companies, simply because I believed in doing so as a contribution to NZ Inc. They were ATM, BLT and BotryZen (forgotten its code now). Well ATM has turned up trumps, the other two didn't. So that's why I'm in ATM, but frankly it doesn't bother me why anyone else is (unless it's Fonterra or someone trying to bugger things up). I'm in the top whatever but I'm not selling, in fact I'm topping up. But in the process I've come to believe in the company and feel proud of its product.

I think the present management is brilliant, and so is the product. But if others think differently, I'm always interested in their thoughts - but not the snarkiness. OK I've said enough.

The A2 war in oz still goes on.

Jumping on A2 bandwagon

http://adf.farmonline.com.au/news/ma...px?storypage=1
    Last edited by Master98; 25-07-2014 at 09:22 AM.

That story purporting to investigate where the truth lies regarding A2 Milk is just so full of incorrect and misleading information as to be a total travesty of journalism. I often respond to articles that contain incorrect info, but this one is just so full of BS I wouldn't know where to start. I think someone from the mainstream industry (probably Dairy Australia or one of A2's competitors) has taken the writer concerned out to a pretty good lunch.

For a start, of course, if parents are actually reporting good results from A2 milk on autistic kids, they don't have to be medical experts to notice the difference, so their observations should not be dismissed as non-expert. And it's blatantly misleading to suggest that the A2 site doesn't give references for any of the research papers supporting the A1-A2 hypothesis - what it does, and makes it real easy, is provide a "click on" for a reputable external site that carries vast amounts of detail for anyone interested.

I could go on, but like M98 says, it's a war, and all's fair as they say. I'm not sure how widely this article was published. It originated in a regional newspaper.

Agree that the article contained some pretty inaccurate information. The evidence in a2's favour is still pretty sketchy though. Researchers in the area that I have personally talked to completely dismiss it. Placebo effect is a wonderful thing though, so even if a2 is no different it doesn't mean ATM can't be a large successful company.

IMO

Thats right a while back i couldn't find scientific "proof" that it works and ignored the stock. Much later and the people have decided it does and A2's mkts are increasing and vol is growing;so I'm now waiting for the bend at the end of this shorted trend.

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    For a start, of course, if parents are actually reporting good results from A2 milk on autistic kids, they don't have to be medical experts to notice the difference, so their observations should not be dismissed as non-expert.
    Observer bias.

IMO

Whatever.... it doesn't matter.

And they were force feeding us that bloody awful marg telling us butter would kill us. Even the bloody flies knew not to touch that stuff.

http://time.com/2863227/ending-the-war-on-fat/
    Last edited by psychic; 25-07-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Once upon a time the entire diet, food and healthcare industry rubbished Dr Atkins for suggesting that carbohydrates make you fat. Look how that turned out.
    That statement is oversimplified and misleading.