sharetrader
Page 229 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 1291792192252262272282292302312322332392793297291229 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 23755

1. Denial
    2. Anger

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_steps_ View Post
    ..... YOU ARE WRONG. ... YOU DO NOT KNOW ... just OUTRIGHT WRONG.

Did I say by the way YOU ARE WRONG?? Can i suggest you continue "farming" your large pile of bull*&%@, organise a multiple supply agreement for your ego, as well as your mouth, and proceed to consume your product to further illustrate my point that you are full of S%#T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_steps_ View Post
    3. Bargaining
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance

I applaud you for being further down the path compared to many of your peers who are still in denial. Let's talk again when you made it to #3.

Banned

I think Sigmund Freud would find himself right at home on this thread, not sure if he was a milk drinker though.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Thanks snoopy I appreciate your response.....I think that sums up ATM's position very well.
    However on the point of the significant infrastructure needed to be created to support the supermarket supply chain in new markets I am hoping( would expect) in the future this would be overcome by significant licencing agreements...... far better than the one they have with Fresha in NZ.
    I also see it as pivotal for ATM's future that they create a brand and healthy supply chain as quickly as possible.
    They certainly have a great start with the first mover advantage and it seems they are doing all things possible to take advantage of this.
    Maybe this indicates they should do a capital raising to speed things along.
    The problem with snoopys comments are they almost always negative. If they are wildly successful in the UK this year, snoopy will go on to say that everyone should be extremely worried because they aren't yet successful in the US and that the UK and Australia are not good indicators.

I mean really. Their cash burn can go on for another 4 years at this rate (assuming no growth), so we should be pooping our pants because in 5 years we will have a capital raising? Plenty could happen in that time, I am picking success in the UK at least by then, probably China too.

I have read enough of his pessimism on the HNZ thread while watching the SP going north along with the companies prospects to know his comments are great contrary indicators... But I should thank him really, I realised this early on and have almost doubled my money in HNZ, more than doubled if I include dividends...

I think it makes sense to do a cash issue with the Australian listing and look to turbocharge growth. Burning heaps of cash while chasing really high growth is all the rage apparently and the bigger your losses the higher the share price goes

I agree with snoopy and have always believed they are entering to many markets at once mainly because they dont have the capital to do this.

spreading resources across multiple markets generally reduces market power in any one market - mba concept
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I agree with snoopy and have always believed they are entering to many markets at once mainly because they dont have the capital to do this.
    Don't forget ATM has been in both the UK and US markets for some time and it's not like it's trying to break into new markets.

It launched in the UK a couple of years ago but was temporarily derailed by the unexpected takeover of its JV partner Wiseman Dairies by the German giant Muller, which did not share the vision of promoting a rival product to standard milik. So it is really just regrouping. It already has a good group of farmer suppliers in Wales and western England, a good understanding of the market and an established customer base eagerly waiting for it to come back.

Much the same in the US. ATM's already had operations running there but just didn't have the commercial structure right, relying too much on US partners I think, which was understandable initially. It's now using its quite deep knowledge of the market and access to motivated A2 farmer suppliers, and this time it will have better control of the whole operation as I understand it.

i have to respectively disagree nt001 as they are breaking into new markets and why they have been in the uk for a number of years now it has been a total disaster as is evident from there results and there repositioning now in that market is a announcement by the company they got it wrong.So back to square one.
    You are only as strong as your strongest part, if that part weakens your whole strategy will fail. time will tell
    one step ahead of the herd

thanks winner..... Very apt

there is currently a controversial debate concerning whether unusual experiences are symptoms of a mental disorder, if mental disorders are a consequence of such experiences, or if people with mental disorders are especially susceptible to or even looking for these experiences. --dr. Martina belz-merk

yes me thinks some people do seek out an argument for the sake of a argument
    me thinks i might be better off trying to teach my cattle something today.
    wrong! Wrong wrong..... Wrong

In my post I had been referring to the(as previously mentioned) average dairy farm not the large corporate dairy farms you are now conveniently referring too to prove your point and create the illusion of knowledge.
    Please refer my post 2522 it clearly indicates the word average dairy farm.

Indeed a large scale dairy supplier has multiple farms and many separate milking system, in many different locations, with many different grazing platforms and may well be able to have a portion of his milk supply go to different buyers. But despite what a city slicker may think this is not the average dairy farmer.
    Initially I was merely pointing out a major floor in your finger in both pies comment for the ( as stated) average dairy farmer.
    I am sorry ginger that due to your self consciousness that you lost site of what I was discussing.
    Take it for what it is...... good advice
    You cant read, and you're WRONG.

Banned

As far as I can see ATM have done really very well in the UK thus far !

It was unfortunate though perhaps that the takeover of their JV partner by Muller occurred, which was naturally outside of ATM’s control, unfortunatate timing also, but that aside all has gone well.

The Wiseman delay slowed the establishment a little in the UK, but is a one off event, and in no way is that delay indicative of the sales potential within that market.

ATM thus utilised Wiseman’s standing in the UK market as the largest retail fresh milk supplier to obtain approvals, establish the first 20 farm conversions, provide a foot in the door with the major supermarket retailers. I don’t think ATM could have achieved all this so quickly without the support of a respected partner.

The buyout of the 50/50 Wiseman JV is now complete leaving ATM with both a good foot hold within the UK market and now the full freedom to market the a2 product as they may choose, hence the re-launch.

And no, they have not been in the UK for long, they entered in late 2012 and are position even better now than when they entered.

Their target was to achieve a humble 1.8% market share by 2016, it seems to me that the Wiseman situation has cost ATM six months on that schedule.

However, from the FY14 report, the ATM guidance for the UK market looks very good in that context;

“We are targeting cash breakeven on a monthly basis during the second half FY16”