sharetrader
Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

tim...i think you are on to it...

Volume in trading will increase soon, so on the price. With 400,000,000 of shares it will be hard, but...

P E-B

I think you are right. The closer we get to the Tui development the more and more pressure is going to go on PPP. And with Hector Prospect being drilled in October (all going well), these shares are NOT going to stand still. Hector is a big prospect. Now if that hits oil, Wow.

Whether NOG has a go at PPP is anyones guess. I don't think so myself but could be wrong. NOG once had nearly 60% of PPP years ago. They could but I would be surprised. And if they did, it would be when NOG was higher and a perhaps script offer. Say 1 NOG for 5 PPP. Now this is pure speculation and musing. But of course, PPP could then join in with Kupe and Pike. And NOG would have PPP's Tui share and other Tui prospects and perhaps PPP's 14% in Hector if it comes in.... Still I can't see PPP being taken over by NOG in the short term. My 2c.

Barring a catastrophe, I also can't see PPP staying at these prices for too much longer. Perhaps another month or two at the most?

Kiwi Kev

yep, its happening now.

P E-B

Someone sure liked them in Aus today with the highest volume traded since 1994. Higher than all thethrill and drills.

Something is going on IMO

FRED

Advanced Member

In local paper today there was a speculative buy put out by broker StockAnalsis (who have never heard of before) advising that about 10c au in value is tied up in Tui, and about another 6c au in exploration = expect will rise to 15c au.

An exploration success could see 45c+ au.

Whilst they did not specify where the success could be, the targets are all in the companies reports.
    Certainly hope Hector can be drilled in October, prior to 6 months of Tui development wells.

M

Advanced Member

Sharp737 wrote
    Barring a catastrophe, I also can't see PPP staying at these prices for too much longer. Perhaps another month or two at the most?

Kiwi Kev

Good call S737. You might like to change the month to day to be closer to the action starting. I do not have a clue of why just now but action with PPP is a very high likehood as you say coming up to the drills. Very high volumn in Aus yesterday so someone has plans.
    digger

I concur.

With PPPs share of Hector at 14% of a potential 50mmbo (AWE have a range of 40>100mmbo) this is possibly a $700M asset (assuming $60US barrel and xrate of 60cNZ) or gross revenue of $1.70 per share.

And this is without TUI!
    Do or do not. There is no try. ~ Yoda

Comparing investment in heads (@15c) or options(@7.2c)

Assuming .84 exchange rate

Heads @30/6/07..Options.........Heads
    <15c............100% Loss.......Loss
    15-18c..........100% Loss.......Profit
    18-25c..........Loss............Profit
    25-34c..........Profit..........Bigger profit
    >34c............Bigger profit...Profit

Interesting...

The options bid is at 6.5c, at that level the options come into the money at 32cps.

quote:Originally posted by digger

Sharp737 wrote

Kiwi Kev

Good call S737. You might like to change the month to day to be closer to the action starting. I do not have a clue of why just now but action with PPP is a very high likehood as you say coming up to the drills. Very high volumn in Aus yesterday so someone has plans.
    Funny isn't it. No drilling until later this yr yet s/p heading north?