sharetrader
Page 137 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2400
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The 30c p/litre is nice but the 22% discount for direct debiting of the account has been enough to keep me from straying. Complacent? Possibly, but I've moved power retailers enough in the past for one lifetime.

On dual energy, you can't beat contact with that discount, fuel discount a bonus.

The 30c p/litre is nice but the 22% discount for direct debiting of the account has been enough to keep me from straying. Complacent? Possibly, but I've moved power retailers enough in the past for one lifetime.

agreed
    moving utilities to save a few bucks is a royal pain in the ar*e.
    I've had a few power companies call me and they dont seem to be able compete when you take into account the 22% prompt payment factor
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Dilettante

And thatīs exactly it. They advertised 30c off per litre but fine print showed it limited to 1 x 50 ltrs per month. Like you, I prefer the ontime online 22% discount from Contact. Used to always take my fuel at Z with Countdown discount receipts. After that stopped, I spent some time on studying all the various memberships and discounts and came to the conclusion it is best to stay with Contact for my power and take the best fuel offer off the day when I need it. There is hardly any difference between the various offers as nearly all of the petrol stations offer similar discounts each day.

Banned

Apparently the 22% discount is actually 23% if you are dual energy prompt payment customer. Fuel discount total is 36c for that one fill a month when you add the standard 6c to it.. Got $33 off my last fill with the bonus 30c they chucked in, made taking the big block for a good spin very cheap.
    Last edited by couta1; 23-06-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Apparently the 22% discount is actually 23% if you receive your bill via email, rather than through the mail. Fuel discount total is 36c for that one fill a month when you add the standard 6c to it.. Got $33 off my last fill with the bonus 30c they chucked in, made taking the big block for a good spin very cheap.
    Maybe I will have to relent-particularly since I have been buying a lot of their shares and sold out of genesis yesterday

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They advertised 30c off per litre but fine print showed it limited to 1 x 50 ltrs per month. Like you, I prefer the ontime online 22% discount from Contact.
    I am currently with Contact for my power, as well as being a Contact Shareholder. However, I joined Contact before they linked up with the AA rewards scheme so was not getting the 30c per litre off petrol offer. I rang Contact this morning and they said, yes I could go onto the fuel saver scheme. But to do that I would have to transfer to a new contract and that meant my power prices would change. I am on the 'low user' rate and the price for power I was offered was as follows. All figures are exclusive of GST and without the 20% discount factored in.

Existing Contact Contract Price (no petrol discount) New Contact Contract Price (30c/l petrol discount) Change
    Daily Charge (low user) 32.95c/day 33.30c/day +1%
    Anytime Power (low user) 28.129c/kWh 29.60c/kWh +5.2%
    Anytime Power (low user) 17.548c/kWh 21.00c/kWh +19.7%

Unfortunately this meant that any 'savings' I would get from the 30c/l petrol price discount would be more than wiped out by the increase in electricity prices. So I have decided not to join the 30c off scheme. As a consolation Contact have offered me 10c per litre off. But the one off monthly discount has a two month expiry date. So that means if I don't buy any petrol in July, I can get two 10c off petrol fill ups in August.

Be careful to take into account all costs when you sign up to this scheme!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 23-06-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I am currently with Contact for my power, as well as being a Contact Shareholder. However, I joined Contact before they linked up with the AA rewards scheme so was not getting the 30c per litre off petrol offer. I rang Contact this morning and they said, yes I could go onto the fuel saver scheme. But to do that I would have to transfer to a new contract and that meant my power prices would change. I am on the 'low user' rate and the price for power I was offered was as follows. All figures are exclusive of GST and without the 20% discount factored in.

[Unfortunately this meant that any 'savings' I would get from the 30c/l petrol price discount would be more than wiped out by the increase in electricity prices. So I have decided not to join the 30c off scheme. As a consolation Contact have offered me 10c per litre off. But the one off monthly discount has a two month expiry date. So that means if I don't buy any petrol in July, I can get two 10c off petrol fill ups in August.

SNOOPY
    I certainly wont be signing up to this scheme-I have diesel cars anyway and it would just have been boat fuel.
    Use n3 card and get big discounts-especially at caltex diesel stops-these are unmanned and have fast fills.

Snoopy have you done the sums yet on the impact of low lake levels and high spot prices. Contact have always said this scenario will produce big profits-is it true?

Dilettante

Existing Contact Contract Price (no petrol discount) New Contact Contract Price (30c/l petrol discount) Change

Unfortunately this meant that any 'savings' I would get from the 30c/l petrol price discount would be more than wiped out by the increase in electricity prices. So I have decided not to join the 30c off scheme. As a consolation Contact have offered me 10c per litre off. But the one off monthly discount has a two month expiry date. So that means if I don't buy any petrol in July, I can get two 10c off petrol fill ups in August.

SNOOPY
    Good work Snoopy and same conclusoon as I came to. The scheme had more fish hooks in it than a Sanford longline so I chose to stay away. Thanks for sharing this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Good work Snoopy and same conclusoon as I came to. The scheme had more fish hooks in it than a Sanford longline so I chose to stay away. Thanks for sharing this.
    You will save money choosing the 30c option if you are a dual energy customer, due to the gas supply being cheaper.

SNOOPY
    Interesting. This wasn't my experience at all. I'm also with Contact and I switched across to the new scheme. My daily charge increased by 50% but the 'Anytime' variable power cost was set at almost 5c cheaper a kWh. As a family of five with frequent guests from overseas staying we use a fair amount of power, so the switch made complete sense. Plus my discount on the total bill went from 20% to 22%.
    During these winter months I'm saving $20-$30 on the bill compared to my previous plan, plus getting the 30c off discount on fuel.
    Was a no brainer.
    (Switched from Genesis to Contact a year ago to take advantage of a winter deal, hold shares in both)