Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
I am currently with Contact for my power, as well as being a Contact Shareholder. However, I joined Contact before they linked up with the AA rewards scheme so was not getting the 30c per litre off petrol offer. I rang Contact this morning and they said, yes I could go onto the fuel saver scheme. But to do that I would have to transfer to a new contract and that meant my power prices would change. I am on the 'low user' rate and the price for power I was offered was as follows. All figures are exclusive of GST and without the 20% discount factored in.

[Unfortunately this meant that any 'savings' I would get from the 30c/l petrol price discount would be more than wiped out by the increase in electricity prices. So I have decided not to join the 30c off scheme. As a consolation Contact have offered me 10c per litre off. But the one off monthly discount has a two month expiry date. So that means if I don't buy any petrol in July, I can get two 10c off petrol fill ups in August.

Be careful to take into account all costs when you sign up to this scheme!

SNOOPY
I certainly wont be signing up to this scheme-I have diesel cars anyway and it would just have been boat fuel.
Use n3 card and get big discounts-especially at caltex diesel stops-these are unmanned and have fast fills.

Snoopy have you done the sums yet on the impact of low lake levels and high spot prices. Contact have always said this scenario will produce big profits-is it true?