sharetrader
Page 127 of 240 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2400
    Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Annual report out soon-I think it will point out reduced demand due to 2 degree increase in winter temperatures but profit should be increasing due to lower costs.
    ?increase in dividends
    Don't forget the one off impairment due to shutting down Otahuhu. I think that may reduce the annual profit substantially, but I would also hope for a nice divi.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    What did you think of todays monthly ops?
    I also reduced my holding recently but am reconsidering.
    Netback looks good.
    Slight increase in customer numbers
    Annual report out soon-I think it will point out reduced demand due to 2 degree increase in winter temperatures but profit should be increasing due to lower costs.
    ?increase in dividends
    Hard to say - lots of hydro storage, low demand, low prices - does not look like a particularly flash year to me for a generator. Retail side obviously is a bit better - low production cost and high retail prices make the shareholders happy.

They are obviously a steady earner and their dividend yield is clearly better than the likes of AIA or any other of the by foreign demand pushed up big infrastructure companies, which means that they might well be in next to be propped up by foreign funds ...

Not currently on my watch list, but this might well be a mistake ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hmm ... interesting choice of colours for the annual report: https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/241241.pdf; I would associate this colour with little girls and with piggies. Nothing wrong with either, but still not sure I get the underlying message. Lipstick on a pig?

Anyway ... most numbers don't show a lot of surprises (roughly in line with expectations, just a wee bit lower ...), Revenue 2.163 vs roughly 2.2 billion expected, though earnings disappoint (even if write offs are responsible): negative 9.1 cts EPS is for such a predictable business quite a way lower than the analysts consensus of positive 9.8 cts EPS. Outlook: Well, they "expect to see a continued improvement in operational performance". YAWN.

5 year comparison though looks pretty uninspiring either:
    CEN5yrs.JPG

Nice slope - just wondering whether this is going to continue?

Lots of big earners though working for the company: 437 staff making more than 100k p.a., of them roughly 20 who make the same and some of them substantially more money than our prime minister (who is paid $393 k per year). It must be a pretty difficult job to drive a public funded monster like CEN slowly downhill, well - at least it is well paid!

Ahh - maybe now I understand the choice of colour - pigs at trough - Right?

Overall - the results are clearly not setting the world on fire, but I am sure everybody is waiting for which colour they choose for next years report ...

Discl: not holding;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-08-2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: how could I oversee the brackets ... they made a loss!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Colour blind

What I have noticed is that they are supplying 80MW to Meridian for Tiwai for up to 14 years.
    This is news to me, and the highlight of the report.

Otherwise, nothing to get excited about, but I have not finished reading yet.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Not looking good, results average to me. Id say we will see sub $5.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Not looking good, results average to me. Id say we will see sub $5.
    Has the market factored in the big increase in free cash flow?
    To me this is very important-I actually bought some more at the end of trade yesterday

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Siemen case doesn't look good for Contact. What's the substantive claim amount?

Exclamation I know nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Siemen case doesn't look good for Contact. What's the substantive claim amount?
    Just for the fun of it could you expand on that and provide some detail or a web-link?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Relates to the sale by Contact of a Siemen's turbine to GE (their competition) from the Otahuhu de-com. My reading so far is that CEN have stuffed up...

Thumbs down You're not in Germany now

A Siemens turbine - that would be the generator unit of Otahuhu B?

If so I can imagine Siemens being 'a bit miffed' -

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: In a past life I have been face to face with said turbine and it's suppliers - but the story will remain untold by me.
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 22-08-2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: missed a 'bit' out
    om mani peme hum