sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Says the guy who bought in over $1 on margin....
    Nothing wrong with buying in over a dollar if you believe it could be a $5 share eventually margin or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Agreed but mods seem keen to ban others yet let his veiled abuse of a member continue. Hence me showing him his level of input.
    I agree with that. Anyway, I better bugger off before I get into trouble I actually just wanted to come on and post about the user programmes and give Franko a heads up on where he can start to get some good info to aid in his understanding of the sector.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with buying in over a dollar if you believe it could be a $5 share eventually margin or not.
    There are just so many reasons that logic could come unstuck,Im not sure where to begin Coutts--Margin buying could merit a thread on its own---I guess the simplest answer to that statement is that you would have almost double the amount of shares if you had waited--(and of course no one knows if they will be successful)--Gamble if you like, but I would argue that there are plenty of things wrong with it.

Whether they are necessary for every country or not--we are certainly learning how long and involved the user programs can be.

I think alot of us at some point have lost sight of the fact that selling a product like this is a different animal than other consumer items (that ''catch on'' and take the world by storm) especially in those days of the initial SP run up.

Its been very slow going indeed (some would say because of not having a high profile business partner to penetrate the market)-- Of course the ''partner thing'' is just an opinion but I have seen other Biotechs take off much quicker that had some big names behind them.

If they finally do get in gear and make it on their own,even the most optimistic would have to wonder about the time it has taken--We are now 3 years into a goal of 100mil+the cap raise amount.

We not only need a special product--but everything needs to be special ,incl a crack marketing team,to go up against the big guns,even with successful user programs.IMO
    Last edited by skid; 30-07-2015 at 01:43 PM.

AWOL

Whats this we, kemosabi?
    Are you trying to tell us that you actually have some of these shares that are the absolute pits and are taking forever to do what any schoolkid could do in ten minutes, etc, etc.

By the way PEB did not become commercially available in the US until July 2013. Its first full ( as in complete) financial year since launch has just been reported in June and we ( being a shareholder) are 4 months into the second full year. This does not make us 3 years down the track or anything like it

That blasted 100 million is like headlights blinding possums in some cases

Quote Originally Posted by twotic View Post
    Very sad response from you there mate. Best not to stoop to those levels no matter how much of a knob NewGuy can be. Not to mention it adds absolutely nothing of use to the discussion.

That being said, New Guy is correct. Frank, you have a bit of work to do to get your head around this sector. My suggestion is you get in touch with some of the researchers involved in the user programmes in NZ. They are very approachable and informative, it will really help you to understand the purpose of user programmes, and most importantly what they are looking for in the case of PEB when they conduct them.
    I rely on the company's announcements and pronouncements.

This is what PEB said was their focus in 2012 (2012) : "User Programs are operating in Australia, NZ and the U.S. The extent of the programme is in excess of 2,000 tests in aggregate. Some have successfully completed, validating the utility of Cxbladder in the clinical pathway". We are in 2015 and they are still talking user programs!

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Whats this we, kemosabi?
    Are you trying to tell us that you actually have some of these shares that are the absolute pits and are taking forever to do what any schoolkid could do in ten minutes, etc, etc.

By the way PEB did not become commercially available in the US until July 2013. Its first full ( as in complete) financial year since launch has just been reported in June and we ( being a shareholder) are 4 months into the second full year. This does not make us 3 years down the track or anything like it

That blasted 100 million is like headlights blinding possums in some cases
    Worthwhile examining the timeline on the $100 million figure : Oct' 2012 - "Pacific Edge is forecasting more than $100m of gross revenues from its US operations in the five years after the new Hershey, Pennsylvania base starts processing in March". So from March 2013 right? We are knocking on August 2015 so it has been nearly 2.5 years. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-lab-completed

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post

This is what PEB said was their focus in 2012 (2012) : "User Programs are operating in Australia, NZ and the U.S. The extent of the programme is in excess of 2,000 tests in aggregate. Some have successfully completed, validating the utility of Cxbladder in the clinical pathway". We are in 2015 and they are still talking user programs!
    By way of comparison, Exact Sciences had to run a 10000 n study for Cologuard before CMS approved it for colorectal cancer screening.

Relax..

What are you relying on them for exactly?

Regardless, you appear to be saying that you rely solely on PEB's announcements in trying to get a handle both on PEB and the sector it is in. Quite frankly I have to say this is a bit of a concern!! You are likely to run into massive problems if that is all the research you do.

I'm not sure why you are averse to doing some more substantive research... As I said the people I contacted about the CxBladder user programmes in NZ were extremely informative and took quite a bit of time to answer my questions. The other advantage of making contact with these people is that many of them are completely independent of PEB so there is no bias in that respect.

Perhaps have a rethink and take the time to investigate more.
    Last edited by twotic; 30-07-2015 at 05:14 PM.

AWOL

Could be wrong but there may well be another reason for the User Programs. This may be the only way they can get sufficient numbers, lets say 10000, in order to get CMS approval, hence the delay in signing. The KP User Program of 2000 may put them in a good position to get that CMS agreement. It has been a long time coming as it was originally thought that Aug 2014 should have it done and dusted.
    Maybe the goalposts keep getting shifted, not PEB's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by twotic View Post
    What are you relying on them for exactly?

Regardless, you appear to be saying that you rely solely on PEB's announcements in trying to get a handle both on PEB and the sector it is in. Quite frankly I have to say this is a bit of a concern!! You are likely to run into massive problems if that is all the research you do.

I'm not sure why you are averse to doing some more substantive research... As I said the people I contacted about the CxBladder user programmes in NZ were extremely informative and took quite a bit of time to answer my questions. The other advantage of making contact with these people is that many of them are completely independent of PEB so there is no bias in that respect.

Perhaps have a rethink and take the time to investigate more.
    Thanks for your concern, twotic. I do my own research before I invest in any company. As the great Warren Buffett once said however, the best source of information to start analyzing a company is from the company - its annual reports, its announcements, presentations, publications etc. After that, it is a matter of collaborating the company's information with outside sources and testing the company's forecasts and expectations against actual results. Which is why I am asking the questions now about why the continuous user programs when PEB stated way back in 2013 that they were expecting commercial success based on their user programs to date then and waiting to see if the directors and management have participated in the capital raising they were happy to recommend to shareholders. Some good discussions so far and I have received an email from a prospective investor thanking me for highlighting the issue about the directors putting their money where their mouths are. He would have bought in otherwise but like me, prefers to wait now.