sharetrader
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    If Martin practices what he preaches he would have exited before it got to .85

I remember Mac being a great fan of ATM along with PEB--If he is still holding he will certainly be happy with the former.
    The point was, if Martin or anyone else had just held on he would have doubled his money almost with AIR which at todays interest rates would take 20 years or more. All very well exiting at before .85 but then what? Get into something else? Whats pretty well guaranteed there is that the former that you are no longer in will go up and the new one will go down. Swapping back over again with reduced stake wont work either because then the former will go down and the latter will go up.
    Exciting, eh.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 06-12-2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: fatfinger

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    The point was, if Martin or anyone else had just held on he would have doubled his money almost with AIR which at todays interest rates would take 20 years or more. All very well exiting at before .85 but then what? Get into something else? Whats pretty well guaranteed there is that the former that you are no longer in will go up and the new one will go down. Swapping back over again with reduced stake wont work either because then the former will go down and the latter will go up.
    Exciting, eh.
    Hows that strategy going for you,Miner?

Guru

I've put this in my 'bottom draw', and I'm sure Miner has as well.

No point getting excited about something you don't even intend to bother looking at substantially selling for quite literally several years.

Yet everyone on here gets excited about the minute by minute movements. I see my post a couple days back has not helped... I'll repeat it and see if anyone listens, or if most posters continue to put there head in the sand intent on "destroying" a company which hasn't even had a chance to prove itself (commercially)

What amazes me is how people continue to not actually focus on the business (eg income increasing far more than expenses as a %), but instead insist on personal attacks on management or even other members on here (without taking much into consideration), bring up 'selected bad news' articles (which are generally completely out of date, brought up before, or extremely vague its hard to tell whats going on), and seem to think that because things are running slightly behind schedule (or at least some would argue this) its all managements fault (and ignore the fact its generally buracratic issues). It is, unfortunately, thanks to people that continually make these statements that quality members, who actually understood PEB inside out, have left in droves.

AWOL

Im all at sea.
    But there is a fair bit of PEB in the bottom drawer to" balance "things out.
    Still waiting for CDY to "restore "things as well.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 06-12-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

bring up 'selected bad news' articles (which are generally completely out of date, brought up before, or extremely vague its hard to tell whats going on), and seem to think that because things are running slightly behind schedule (or at least some would argue this) its all managements fault (and ignore the fact its generally buracratic issues). It is, unfortunately, thanks to people that continually make these statements that quality members, who actually understood PEB inside out, have left in droves.
    TJ - it is quite possible that the members who understand PEB inside out are still here

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    TJ - it is quite possible that the members who understand PEB inside out are still here
    Thats pretty handy then, - PEBs still here as well

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I've put this in my 'bottom draw', and I'm sure Miner has as well.

No point getting excited about something you don't even intend to bother looking at substantially selling for quite literally several years.

Yet everyone on here gets excited about the minute by minute movements. I see my post a couple days back has not helped... I'll repeat it and see if anyone listens, or if most posters continue to put there head in the sand intent on "destroying" a company which hasn't even had a chance to prove itself (commercially)

What amazes me is how people continue to not actually focus on the business (eg income increasing far more than expenses as a %), but instead insist on personal attacks on management or even other members on here (without taking much into consideration), bring up 'selected bad news' articles (which are generally completely out of date, brought up before, or extremely vague its hard to tell whats going on), and seem to think that because things are running slightly behind schedule (or at least some would argue this) its all managements fault (and ignore the fact its generally buracratic issues). It is, unfortunately, thanks to people that continually make these statements that quality members, who actually understood PEB inside out, have left in droves.
    Thats not why people have left---Its not posters responsible for the situation the company is in at this time--maybe it is bureaucratic issues --If thats the case -blame the bureaucracy-If that doesnt work there is nothing left except the company--blaming posters wont help your situation---If you dont believe the posters who doubt--just disregard .
    Its not your place to judge who is quality members --Your time is better spent thinking about the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Im all at sea.
    But there is a fair bit of PEB in the bottom drawer to" balance "things out.
    Still waiting for CDY to "restore "things as well.
    Yep, PEB is in my bottom drawer as well. Not selling. No guarantee that I'd find a better (i.e.quicker-yielding) alternative, and anyway ATM is keeping me happy, despite the warnings of some familiar with this thread. But I gave up on CDY and ditched it. I'm not a trader, but it was going nowhere and seemed to be more focussed on hair tonics than on the scientific stuff (cancer diagnostics etc) I'm interested in.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    Yep, PEB is in my bottom drawer as well. Not selling. No guarantee that I'd find a better (i.e.quicker-yielding) alternative, and anyway ATM is keeping me happy, despite the warnings of some familiar with this thread. But I gave up on CDY and ditched it. I'm not a trader, but it was going nowhere and seemed to be more focussed on hair tonics than on the scientific stuff (cancer diagnostics etc) I'm interested in.
    The bureaucratic nightmare that has so far been PEBs lot could very well end at any time. The revamping of Obamacare will have affected many companies including PEBs competition. I feel this has been the major stumbling block to PEBs progress as well as the dissonance inherent in this type of advance in medical science.
    I cannot understand anyone thinking that virtually anonymous posters on a very minor forum in a very minor country could possibly have an effect on the running of a company. However there are limits to what can be said publicly about companies, other posters, management, that are negative. Im not currently aware of any laws regarding positive statements apart from false and misleading advertising. This would hardly be in the domain of a ST poster.

CDY has come a long way and it is not yet reflected in the SP. The tonics and shampoos are being delivered to Australian and Asian pharmacies and are on the verge of getting into the US and UK. The intent is for this to place CDY in a cash positive position for the development of its midkine products.
    Not many small cap biotech companies self funding like that.
    Any improvement in PEBs lot will help CDY as well.

TJs analysis of why people no longer participate seems pretty spot on to me and he has the freedom to say what he likes within reason as we all are. Some posters are quality posters in his opinion. He is free to express that and it is entirely his place to do so.
    Its an opinion not a judgement.
    In my opinion.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 07-12-2015 at 07:17 AM. Reason: more specificity

Guru

Lets face it--he and others spend far to much time commenting on other posters, than on the company,which is what its all about.
    He ,and you,can say what you like about your fellow posters,but in the end,you have never met them,and dont really know their quality.
    To say the good quality have all left and the bad quality are still around is pure conjecture--If your confident in the company it shouldnt get up your nose anyway--and unless you have personal conversations with posters who have left ,you have no idea why they did so, so throwing out judgments is irrelevant.(some may have left in frustration with the company that has sucked their money)-We dont know do we? If one has an opinion on the quality of posters, then if you must ,state your opinion--But dont throw it out there as fact,thats all.
    I realize its not an easy situation for many at this point,but acts of desperation against other posters aint gonna help.
    When I comment on a post,its not about the poster;its about the statement they have made regarding the company,especially when some are making assumptions that they have no way of backing up-so its fair game to present the other side of the story.

You seem to think its all about the bureaucratic nightmare that is to blame and all biotecs are suffering,but I think a bit of research would prove that wrong.
    Some comments however about management,have been pretty vicious and thats a bit much,I agree.

I also agree, us minor posters arent going to have an affect on the running of the company (or are going to destroy it -TJ) but we can have an affect on our own investment decisions.

I dont think most have even considered the fact that even if Kaiser approves ,sales may not take off as some expect(we dont even know what sort of a deal they would negotiate)---but bottom drawer is fair enough--bottom drawer long term investors who need to check every day? If it rings your bell..
    Last edited by skid; 07-12-2015 at 01:44 PM.