sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    PEB has completely misjudged the importance of having its tests approved by the FDA.

A stamp of approval by the FDA is a major selling point in the litigious US medical market - something PEB should have followed rather than waste the time, resources and money hiring a cast of hundreds and thousands in staff to try and market to urologists.

Unfortunately, it is typical PEB to try and do things its way without really sussing out the market.

Oh well, 4 more years.
    Comments like this are gold.....
    ....Cxbladder Monitor test significantly outperforms current Food and Drug
    Administration (FDA) approved urine-based monitoring tests, including cytology and
    UroVysion® FISH....

FDA = credibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Comments like this are gold.....
    Administration (FDA) approved urine-based monitoring tests, including cytology and
    UroVysion® FISH....

FDA = credibility?

You can criticise the way things have rolled out timing-wise all you like, and I do, but at this stage you cannot play down the performance of the monitor test relative to what's there at the moment. There are good arguments for Pacific Edge marketing the product as something used in conjunction with an existing procedure, rather than a complete replacement of what is there, but surely the merits of using the PEB test suite cannot be ignored much longer.

The road to potential success has not been a perfect one for this company, and their communication at times. I feel (maybe) that decisions may not have been made so much in the interests of all shareholders, but rather a select few, in recent times. I know of someone close to me in a professional sense who was hopping mad when his affiliated organisation was not contacted in regards to raising the $8m recently, despite being a big holder. i.e. not being given the option to take part.

At this point I'm happy to see the intermittent positive announcements like what came out today. And I'm very much on the side of the ledger of those that believe the $8m will carry them through to profitability. This is countered by the fact that it is still a risky proposition as a big player (or two big players) could just say "no" for any reason whatsoever. That's business and life, and I've always kept that in mind as an investor.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    90% sure it is. Sample size ties in.
    Wishful thinking - like PEB's several missed predictions of when the company becomes profitable.

"The KP study recruited (n2000?) patients presenting with haematuria (Cxbladder Triage).
    This study is for Cxbladder Monitor - pulled from ~1000 samples/ patients undergoing surveilance at 11 US clinics."

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Very remiss of PEB and I'm very disappointed they haven't employed you to deal with issues like these for them. You could have saved them so much time and money, not to mention all the negativity on ST.

There's still time though I guess - how about giving David a call today and offering your services? I'm sure that he and all current holders will be eternally grateful.
    PEB directors and management are paid millions of dollars each year to know their game. Or at least that's what I assume CEOs, MDs and senior executives are paid to do?

I may not chase and round up sheep but I sure as hell know whether a farm dog is good at its rounding up task by watching and observing its results!
    Last edited by Balance; 06-03-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    [SIZE=4]Comments like this are gold.....
    UroVysion® FISH....

FDA = credibility?

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Testimony/ucm473922.htm
    Last edited by Balance; 06-03-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Membaa

Explain it, there's no need to expect lay people to read such technical mumbo jumbo, let alone extrapolate how that equates to shareholder value. Regurgitating the same links in multiple posts as if it is some reason for investors to recoil, without any explanation, suggests one has a divine insight, whereas that ironically suggests the opposite.

I mean, why wouldn't US doctors trust Laboratory Developed tests.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthew.../#78a3ae42c335

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Explain it, there's no need to expect lay people to read such technical mumbo jumbo, let alone extrapolate how that equates to shareholder value. Regurgitating the same links in multiple posts as if it is some reason for investors to recoil, without any explanation, suggests one has a divine insight, whereas that ironically suggests the opposite.
    Ain't no regurgitation here.

All about the FDA and its role in assuring the reasonable safety and effectiveness of diagnostic tests in medicine: that they are accurate, reliable, and clinically meaningful—regardless of where they are produced—so that patients and their health care providers can rely upon their results to make major medical decisions.

Those who cannot be bothered to read through and understand what the article is about - should NOT be investing in a stock like PEB, surely!
    Last edited by Balance; 06-03-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    I mean, why wouldn't US doctors trust Laboratory Developed tests.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthew.../#78a3ae42c335
    Real reinforcement here as to why the medical profession and investors prefer FDA approved tests.

From US$4.5 billion to zero!

Excerpt : "October 2016: Theranos lays off 340 people—43% of its staff—and exits the business of running a laboratory. Instead, Theranos will try to get the machines it showed in August approved by the Food and Drug Administration."
    Last edited by Balance; 06-03-2017 at 11:11 PM.

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Theranos never actually had any tests. The investors in that company were idiots as they should have asked for the CLIA docs at least.

23andme is a better comparison.