sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post

Has their PR front gone quiet lately?
    Only come out to play when share price gets down to 53/54 and the instos give Dave a ring "Dave, time for another announcement. Doesn't matter what as long as its excitingly positive'
    Last edited by winner69; 04-04-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It's not specifically been discussed, but if there comes a time where some institutional investors aren't buying anymore of the stock (whether in the primary of secondary markets) it's because their portfolios are already overweight principally with this kind of investment.

I know of an insto that is strongly of the belief PEB will succeed, but cannot buy more of the stock because they are already overweight, and the focus is on ensuring the interests of their members are maintained. i.e. Maintaining a set portfolio risk level and not adding to it.

So my point is basically if there is a time in future when instos are not buying, its not for the exact same reason each time.

Advanced Member

"Liquid biopsy' looks like the way forward, rather than invasive procedures. There is a mention of bladder cancer in the item. So the field is expaning very fast and PEB might well be overtaken.

'This week, at the humongous (20,000-plus attendee) annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research, there were no less than 130 presentations, “poster” sessions, and panels on liquid biopsy studies'

http://fortune.com/2017/04/04/brains...h-04-04-intro/

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    "Liquid biopsy' looks like the way forward, rather than invasive procedures. There is a mention of bladder cancer in the item. So the field is expaning very fast and PEB might well be overtaken.

'This week, at the humongous (20,000-plus attendee) annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research, there were no less than 130 presentations, “poster” sessions, and panels on liquid biopsy studies'

http://fortune.com/2017/04/04/brains...h-04-04-intro/
    No point of backing the single issue you need to support the profession and Orion need some of this. 99c worth of Opinion.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Even more uncertainty as Trump just announced he wants to work with the Democrats to revamp healthcare!
    I suppose its a step in the right direction ,but until something is on paper,I agree,more uncertainty---I would think investors would be looking at infrastructure and banks rather than healthcare atm.(and maybe arms manufacture)

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I suppose its a step in the right direction ,but until something is on paper,I agree,more uncertainty---I would think investors would be looking at infrastructure and banks rather than healthcare atm.(and maybe arms manufacture)
    Uncertainty of uncharted waters, needs a holistic approach in investing!

Is that a recognised strategy? And that 1st rule if there is not one: is the one "in" 'In'vesting from the beginning receives the greatest rewards.

Yep, Pacific Edge needs to be weary of the competition coming up behind them like the technology of a Nucleix.

But as I've said before:
    1) Who is Nucleix targeting in terms of markets? Is it the same medical professional group PEB is targeting? ie. US urologists
    2) How far in the hoop-jumping cycle are Nucleix. Bar a favoritism route, they will have many a thing to tick off to catch up to the existing players. The road to profile, respect and credibility is a long non-linear one.
    3) What is to say PEB aren't planning on the development of smarter methods of doing the tests, contrary to their CxBladder suite. They would be silly not to be surveying the new innovative approaches out there, and looking to capitalize on them in their own space.
    4) The nearer competition to PEB remains the other tests they have outperformed in clinical trials, and the old methods the likes of PEB are trying to replace or compete with. UroVysion FISH will be fighting hard to remain one of the pre-eminent tests, and will hope the big customers PEB has got in board will give PEB a resounding 'no' at the 11th hour. We'll leave it to urologists and urological groups, when given all the new and old choices available, to make this call.

Guru

Did you say ''on board'' ?

Woops skid. I should have said 'on their books' or atleast something less inflammatory than "on board"... silly me. I'll give a trigger warning next time.