sharetrader
Page 344 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 2442943343403413423433443453463473483543944448441344 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 21246
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

How do they avoid getting nailed on transaction fees for all these tiny trades?

Don't they have to pay a transaction fee?
    I can understand larger parcels being sold, but such small parcels in the hundreds? doesn't quite make sense

Same as day traders - buys and sells offset at EOD, bro and exchange fee paid on O/s balance I would think, similar to arrangements you can get in Oz

There is a lot of incorrect info about these "algo trades" most likely, like 99.9% is an insto selling or buying. Order most likely to be targetin twap ( time weighted average price) or vwap(volume weighted) over the day. The algos will be running through DMA where comm is about 0.1% of total trade value. Everyone on this board needs to understand the reasons why insto buy or sell. Cash inflows or outflows will cause them to sell equal portions of all sticks they hold. Could be coming up against compliance limits and are forced sellers. Also you have a rights issue coming up that has an iversubscription facility so wouldn't be surprised if insto is making room for that. This stock has increased 600% in the last year. Think about how that will effect the total risk of a portfolio and you will understand why instos will continually trade as prices go up.. I would think masfen and harbor were forced sellers of this stock do to reasons above and if it goes up more they will face the same issues albeit nice ones to have.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Intel View Post
    There is a lot of incorrect info about these "algo trades" most likely, like 99.9% is an insto selling or buying. Order most likely to be targetin twap ( time weighted average price) or vwap(volume weighted) over the day. The algos will be running through DMA where comm is about 0.1% of total trade value. Everyone on this board needs to understand the reasons why insto buy or sell. Cash inflows or outflows will cause them to sell equal portions of all sticks they hold. Could be coming up against compliance limits and are forced sellers. Also you have a rights issue coming up that has an iversubscription facility so wouldn't be surprised if insto is making room for that. This stock has increased 600% in the last year. Think about how that will effect the total risk of a portfolio and you will understand why instos will continually trade as prices go up.. I would think masfen and harbor were forced sellers of this stock do to reasons above and if it goes up more they will face the same issues albeit nice ones to have.

Thanks Intel. Nice to see a concise knowledgeable assessment!

Good description.....I asked a broker once about all the sales of 10-24-18-21 etc.and was told it was the institutions with index funds and the like just balancing the percentages of holdings.They may do it at the end of the day or when they get back from lunch.Doesn't seem to be any particular time within the market but I have noticed it is often at a low point or high point relative to the days trades.Hope that expands the reasoning a little.They do it direct so no brokerage fees etc

Excellent post!!

Although I have posted above I must add that is one of the best informative posts I have seen recently. Well done.
    Kinder regards....

Thanks to all who added to my understanding about the numerous small trades, on PEB and WHS, SUM.

The 'instos' show the power and influence of numbers (=$) - they can buy in big numbers, but also have the ability to buy in small numbers - again, and again, and…..

To the small investors - know your station!

PEB looking nice and firm in early trading. Buyers moving up on price points. Any announcement would be like a match stick on tinder...