sharetrader
Page 844 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 34474479483484084184284384484584684784885489494413441844 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,440 of 21234
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    no not close to purchasing just responding to good informative, relative research being posted.
    Have no plans on investing in PEB until the sales curve is in a steeper uptrend.... happy to pay more if this eventuates.
    Ah well, worth a try!

Things looking a bit skinny on the sell side though for a change.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 24-07-2014 at 03:22 PM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by mis chief View Post
    Kindy nearly over for the day?
    They get awfully grumpy if they miss their day sleeps. Load them up on sugar and send them out to buy PEB shares.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    They get awfully grumpy if they miss their day sleeps. Load them up on sugar and send them out to buy PEB shares.
    Watch them change stance when PEB's sp reverses direction.

Always good for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Haha exactly. Low volume today and failed to break 70 resistance. Still bearish as anything
    How do you see 70 as significant Moosie?.

Support turned resistance after the break down recently, as well as psychological number AND a big number before October last year. Only a few minor issues really, nothing serious, as usual...
    When was 70 the support? Is a breakdown when it falls from 70 to 62? What is the name for the reversal now that it's gone from .62 to .70? Are there any other psychological numbers we should worry about?
    And, why was .70 big last year?

All dutch to me , but entertain me with this dark science.

Load up a 6 month chart. 68-70 was a support level during the last fall and rebound. Since it was the lowest point over the past few months, falling below that level was a breakdown to a lower low (which is now 62).

As you can see over the chart time, there is a clear cascade effect as the price bounces off new lows on oversold levels (use RSI and stochastic levels to determine this), gains, then breaks the low support to go lower again. Anyone who says this isn't a traders stock is a bit deluded as the only ones doing this and winning are... traders!

Psychologucal numbers are usually those ending with a zero, five or are highest/lowest historical trade prices and are only support/resistance because of the human minds routine of locking onto them. An example is paying $1.99 or $2.00 for a litre of gas. Which one "looks" better to you? The difference is very minimal, but we have been conditioned to believe one is much better than the other. As such, you will see lots of bids/asks clustered around these numbers at times. Psychology plays a bigger role in the market than most would care to admit: we are only human after all. Ignore it at your peril!
    The Market is psychology... Either that or just a bunch of Patrick Batemans slashing at each other with axes.
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.

Thanks for the full response Moosie. My point was, it has not bounced off .70 Yes perhaps .68 in June but then closed .75. I can at a stretch see someone drawing a line through .75 and saying there is something going on there (if pressed) but not at .70. Has it perhaps BURST through .68?

The reason I take issue with you over this is because it seems just negative BS. Had it been a stock you were holding, you might have equally come out gushing about the tick up of RSI, the SP rise of 6% today, and, that on a hourly pattern, positive MACD and break through of some other moving average..
    Or maybe was that a wee hammer the other day with a couple of consecutive higher highs and higher lows since? Perhaps low vol but some chunky bids starting to run through too.

I just think you are raining on PEB holders parade unnecessarily. Ya know?
    Last edited by psychic; 24-07-2014 at 08:56 PM.

And, looking back a year ago, you can see 70 was a big resistance/support line. As such, some will still be holding from that point and may consider at a sell stop (ie cut my losses/break even/take profits/I've had enough level). History tells us a lot of things as well; numbers are just one part of this game!
    No, there is not!

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Thanks for the full response Moosie. My point was, it has not bounced off .70 Yes perhaps .68 in June but then closed .75. I can at a stretch see someone drawing a line through .75 and saying there is something going on there (if pressed) but not at .70. Has it perhaps BURST through .68?

The reason I take issue with you over this is because it seems just negative BS. Had it been a stock you were holding, you might have equally come out gushing about the tick up of RSI, the SP rise of 6% today, and, that on a hourly pattern, positive MACD and break through of some other moving average..
    Or maybe was that a wee hammer the other day with a couple of consecutive higher highs and higher lows since? Perhaps low vol but some chunky bids starting to run through too.

I just think you are raining on PEB holders parade unnecessarily. Ya know?
    The bit I liked was right at the end with that bidder prepared to go to 74 and take out everything to 72 until some bailer couldnt believe his "luck" and nailed it back to 70. Very encouraging and it has closed above the long term trend line that someone said was 67-66. A month to the AGM when all the answers to your questions or in some cases grizzles will be revealed. Bobcat might be right and we get a bit of a lift from here to the meeting. Still a month to go on the original prediction for CMS approval - that could still come through on time but I get a feeling there is a delay with all the Obamacare stuff.

That's ok, dissension is allowed!

Fact is, since I sold near the top I just look at the chart and remember the news around PEB since then and have absolutely no faith in the current valuation. I will not be trading PEB again for a very long time and my (now sparse) comments on here are for the benefit of others. In fact, I may just leave it up to BC now to do the TA as I am pretty rusty on PEBs SP action now.

I hope PEB succeeds and, if it is any consolation to you, I am a bit "in" as I still haven't convinced my father to sell (he in fact wants to double down!).

I myself am staying well away. Hope that helps
    How can it possibly be "for the benefit of others" when you are talking absolute crap?

And don't give me the sold out at the top stuff, you were buying and selling and missing out and worrying all the way up as I recall.
    (may have this wrong but you are a trader afterall.. right?

For what it's worth, I'm doing yer Da's thing also