sharetrader
Page 47 of 177 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Well someone bought over 1 million shares @ 2.6c at 16:59 according to Direct Broking. There seems to be quite large volumes of shares being traded. Anyone think that they will go ahead with the 2.5c per share capital raising?
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

Quote Originally Posted by RazorX View Post
    Well someone bought over 1 million shares @ 2.6c at 16:59 according to Direct Broking. There seems to be quite large volumes of shares being traded. Anyone think that they will go ahead with the 2.5c per share capital raising?
    I thought they were on a trading halt since mid-afternoon?

Was it lifted?

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan3285 View Post
    I thought they were on a trading halt since mid-afternoon?

Was it lifted?

Alan.
    At 4.42pm with trades going through at 4.59pm at 2.6 cents
    Last edited by minimoke; 20-08-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: time

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    At 4.42pm with trades going through at 4.59pm at 2.6 cents
    Okay - Thanks.

Alan.

Don't see why this has to be the end myself, I guess it depends on alf ability to raerise capital so we will see. Either way monday will be interesting, I may even buy a few if they get cheap enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Don't see why this has to be the end myself, I guess it depends on alf ability to raerise capital so we will see. Either way monday will be interesting, I may even buy a few if they get cheap enough.
    Yes - I agree.

I won't be buying any shares, but I might buy more of the bonds. Would mean liquidating something else though, and there's nothing else I want to get out of at this point.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan3285 View Post
    Yes - I agree.

I won't be buying any shares, but I might buy more of the bonds. Would mean liquidating something else though, and there's nothing else I want to get out of at this point.

Alan.
    I dunno about that Alan. I suspect many of the buy orders that were filled late this afternoon were actually orders that had been sitting there for some time by speculators. Maybe they were out for a boozy long lunch with their office girls or on the golf course and missed all the news alltogether and got an unexpected fill on their speculative order ? I suspect you'll be able to buy ALF shares at a lot less than 2.6 cents come Monday, if you're brave enough ? 1 cent anyone ? 300% yield on the ALF010's perhaps ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Share Collector

So we get the weekend to work out the value of an ANF-less ALF?

Yes - ALF might (rightly?) say that it was the trustees (faulty) actions that caused ANF to go under, and that it wasn't in ALFs shareholder's interest to continue to support ANF when the trustee was making it impossible.

We'll see.

Alan.

Share Collector

Radio New Zealand are reporting that John Loughlin has resigned as Chairman of both ANF and ALF tonight.

Looks like ALF released this late in the day:
    http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/allie...-value/5/59645

Allied Farmers confirmed today that the Trustee's requirement for significant additional liquidity for its subsidiary Allied Nationwide Finance had resulted in its decision to not provide it with additional support. This decision was regrettable, as it is one of the key factors behind the Trustee's decision to place Allied Nationwide Finance into receivership.

The fact that Allied Nationwide Finance is going into receivership should not provide any credence to the alleged breach, but is the direct result of withdrawing the debenture prospectus, as the board of Allied Nationwide Finance was required to do.

Allied Farmers Managing Director, Mr Rob Alloway said Allied Nationwide Finance had been significantly affected by the withdrawal of its prospectus following the allegation of a breach of its Trust Deed received by the company on 6 August 2010. This alleged breach, which the Allied Nationwide Finance board and management continue to dispute, had a significant impact on the company's ability to manage liquidity and capital over the coming months. Allied Nationwide Finance continued to require funding from Allied Farmers on a scale that it could not justify in the interests of its shareholders.

"As a result of the Trustee's actions Allied Farmers has been asked to support its finance subsidiary with levels of funding that we cannot sustain. " he said.

"We believe the assets of Allied Farmers, including those acquired in the Hanover transaction, are best utilised for the benefit of our shareholders, most investors in Allied Nationwide Finance would have their principal and interest covered by the existing Crown Retail Deposit Guarantee Scheme."

"That process may take several weeks to work through but in the meantime it is business as usual for Allied Farmers as we continue to work on creating value for our shareholders."

Mr Alloway said the company was in constructive discussions with the underwriter involved in Allied Farmers $19.3 million capital raising which was put on hold when the Allied Nationwide Finance prospectus was withdrawn 14 days ago and will make an announcement when it has further information available.

Finally, it is with regret that the Board announces the resignation of Mr John Loughlin as Chairman of Allied Farmers. John joined the board in 2004 and also chaired the board of Allied Nationwide Finance. He has worked extremely hard throughout what has been a very difficult period for the company. The company expects to announce a replacement Chairman shortly
    Last edited by Lizard; 20-08-2010 at 10:15 PM.