sharetrader
Page 17 of 143 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

IMO opinion this has low downside risk because KFL will support the underlying share price by buying on any weakness in them
    living2

Thanks everyone re the NAV. I should read the fine print and ignore the NAV as it can be misleading and just use the dil NAV.[:I] Just back from a tramp around Waikaremoana. Very low lake levels and only used my parka to stay warm. Any more draw off by power station at Tuai would make the lake look very different. Inlets are almost dry and Hut water tanks at a dribble.

Good to see Carmel being paid her performance fee in KFL shares at $2.15/share when the current price is $1.54 BRM still commands a 4% premium to dil NAV while KFL a discount of 6% after her performance fee.

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by Treetops

Good to see Carmel being paid her performance fee in KFL shares at $2.15/share when the current price is $1.54.
    Yes. I noted that, and was impressed by this imaginative use of shares which had been gradually bought up on market, at prices significantly below.

KFL is largely deliberately ignored/misunderstood by the brokers? On TV1 Business this am the broker commenting reckoned that at 1.52 no change yesterday, KFL's good profit reported early yesterday pm had largely been predicted by the market. Up 5 cents 3.% to 1.57 today. Given a few hours warning you can easily beat the market on this share as they take as long to make up their minds. Perhaps the 3.5c div appeals on June 1? No significant change in NAV today either.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...=NZSE&N=147177

Fisher Funds now have 9.7% of DGL and "the market" is still catching up with the news. KFL closed up 3c at $1.60 on good turnover.
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...=NZSE&N=147266

Fisher Funds Management is not quite the same as KFL. The DGL purchase appears to be for some of Carmel's other interests, and may not affect KFL.

Treetops you are right in that the brokers are slow on KFL. There is plenty of time to act while they are still sauntering down to the pub to analyse each other. This may be one of Carmel's secrets. Fisher Funds can pick up quite substantial stakes while the middle aged white male establishment is still tying its shoelaces. Enjoy - and profit from it.

Mx

quote:Originally posted by manxman

Fisher Funds Management is not quite the same as KFL. The DGL purchase appears to be for some of Carmel's other interests, and may not affect KFL.
    Quite correct Manxman. But same manager. FF buys then Carmel distributes as she feels fit to her separate funds one of which is KFL.

But the point I was making is the 10% control is near and Carmel controls both KFL and FF's share so it means she can exact the best outcome for KFL as well as shown in the attempted T/O on Metlifecare. Anyone wanting to T/O DGL will find Carmel resistant unless the price is right to the full benefit of KFL and any other direct shareholders in DGL. Whether FF increases the small component in KFL's share of DGL which has regularly happened you are right. It may not happen at all but I expect it will though.

I don't get any broker advice but feel the recent rapid 10c increase may be due to someone advocating it. Anyone know of anyone pushing KFL? Apart from me of course.

KFL got a bit ahead of itself and reached 0% disc to dil. NAV at 1.65 before correcting today to 1.59 BRM is at a 7% premium and way ahead of itself. Will it correct as well.

Up again today to 1.66 at close! Record high. I presume this is based on the delayed reaction to the good RYM and RAK reports and the 3.5c div is still beckoning. Still think the NAV will be around 1.68-1.69 so is at a 1% discount at 1.66. Still better value than BRM imo. I finally put caution to the wind and bought 10k warrants at 57c the other day.

If the RAK SLG and RYM surge continues expect people to follow into KFL but personally I think it is simply a good steady share for the long run small investor and I top up on corrections. I found one broker who recommends KFL. Anyone seen any others?
    von Dadelszen & Co in his March newsletter. http://www.vond.co.nz/ "This is our preferred exposure to small capped stocks. Carmel Fisher has an impressive track record of value stock selection." see p1 of newsletter under Best NZ equity picks for 2007