sharetrader
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Hi Steve,

SOO skyrocketed today, what's happening in Germany?? Any news? This is speeding ticket stuff!
    Respect
    TOMMY

Disclosure: trading in and out of many stocks, too many to update the list at the moment...

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING I SAY OR IMPLY... USE YOUR OWN BRAIN AND RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS.

What am I supposed to make out of the movement at these markets??

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cq?d=v1&s...OO.AX+SOOFF.PK

I have made a small punt after looking at the volumes...
    Respect
    TOMMY

Disclosure: trading in and out of many stocks, too many to update the list at the moment...

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING I SAY OR IMPLY... USE YOUR OWN BRAIN AND RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS.

quote:Originally posted by tommy

Hi Steve,

SOO skyrocketed today, what's happening in Germany?? Any news? This is speeding ticket stuff!
    Hi Tommy

Response to speeding ticket issued by SOO this evening referred to "increase in volume traded on Frankfurt exchange"...

up a further 20% on big volume in Germany tonight as well...

SOO currently have a number of European ethical investment funds as shareholders....looks like some more are buying in...

Good summary of SOO thanks very much to trade4profit on HC
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    More shares traded in the first 1 minute today than any other full day in the company's entire history...other than the re-listing day.

More shares traded at 31.5c than any other level today.

The highest price the company's shares have ever reached is 40c

Today's VWAP is 27.85c

Issued capital:

Shares: 75,910,344 (2,309,824 in escrow)
    Options: 2,507,775 (unlisted - various ex prices)
    SPP issue: 2,100,000 (approximately)

Fully diluted: 80,418,109 shares

Cash from options = $435K
    Cash from SPP = $443K
    Cash at bank (31/12/05) = $1.2m

Current market cap (fully diluted - 28c) = $22.5m
    Cash backing per share = 2.6c

Profits December quarter = $300K...impacted by once-off redundancy payouts.

December quarter receipts hit $5m for first time...growth in overseas operations the main reason.

Assuming $500K profit per quarter, we get an an eps of 2.5cps...

PEx10 = 25c
    PEx15 = 37.5c
    PEx20 = 50c

Exponentially growing market...should be able to carry higher PE values.

International presence, plenty of exposure in some of the worlds largest renewable energy aware markets.

Positive news due regarding support from a substantial financial institution...particularly in relation to enabling client purchases of SOO products via "innovative" financing packages.

SOO looking to expand through acquisition this year...they are currently looking at some seven targets, at least three of which are expected to be acquired over the next 3-9 months.

By years end, they are aiming at lifting incomes to between $50-$80m anually. (currently $18m...last year $10m)

touched 44 cents in overnight trading in Germany on massive volume of over 8 million shares....closed at 37 cents in Frankfurt , which is well up on the ASX close yesterday of 28 cents....hopefully a nice rise today, to go with the +55% gain yesterday!

The CEO wasn't lying when he said "We have some good news coming in the following month and believe the share price will rapidly rise".

Get the hunch that SOO will be better buying at some stage in the future when the traders lose interest.

Hi Steve and Oneup,

SOO now only $0.33, after reaching $0.43 at one point... obviously at the mercy of traders due to T+3! In the absence of any news, the fact that the rise in share price in ASX is primarly attributable to SOO'S hike in Germany means that SOO will likely follow any change in sentiment in the German stock exchange.

It does look overpriced, but when a stock starts to skyrocket, it's very hard to determine a good entry point... I'm going to hold for the time being until the news is out.
    Respect
    TOMMY

I just bought in as well. I must admit to being influenced by watching dyesol (another solar power company) over the last week and missing a huge trading opportunity.

I think the volumes seen today and yesterday indicate more than just some speculative traders. About a third of the company's shares have been traded in the last day and a half. Fundamentally the business looks really good, with revenue heading to $20 million pa and cashflow turning positive. The stated aim of going down the acquisition path and raising revenue to $100 million pa also seems bold and aggressive and I like it. So a market cap of $23 million (at 33 cps) doesn't seem hugely overpriced to me (although why I didn't decide that when it was 18 cps is beyond me ).

Will be and interesting next few days to see where it settles.

Damo

How's this for a statistic. The volume of shares in SOO traded in the last 36 hours exceeds the volume traded in any 6 month period of this companies history. Check the chart [:0][:0][:0].

Hi Damo,

SOO closes 23% higher than yesterday, how's that for an easy trade[]

If the SOO keeps on rising in Germany tonight, I think there's gonna be a tug of war tomorrow between T+3 sellers and bullish day traders eager to make a quick buck or two. Keep an eye on
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cq?d=v1&s...OO.AX+SOOFF.PK
    Respect
    TOMMY