sharetrader
Page 228 of 291 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2905

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Still the success of the coming year isn't fully priced imo. I'm, this could reach 6.40 within a year. What happens after that depends on the next lot of plans for expansion, which I'm eager to hear.

I'm thinking about holding onto this one for a while, it's currently my largest holding. Of course this could change at any time, I'm quite whimsical and am still learning patience even at age 35 
    It don't come easy and I'm 72

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Anybody with decent charting software able to a 10 year RBD chart showing a 250 day ROC (250 trading days) for me.
    not able to post it, but shows ROC above 0 first in 2009 at 70 odd cents then again crossing 0 in 2012 at just above 2 dollars hasnt been under since.

you using this indicator on this stock?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    not able to post it, but shows ROC above 0 first in 2009 at 70 odd cents then again crossing 0 in 2012 at just above 2 dollars hasnt been under since.

you using this indicator on this stock?
    Thanks bull

That's how my simple chart shows it but putting the price and ROC together looks messy

I've been holding since sub $1 days in 2008/2009. My premise is that generally the share price is higher than a year ago so with dividends it is a great hold.

As you say that broke down in 2012 and I reduced my holding - retaining a fair chunk because RBDs PE fall was in line with the market (assume that market action affected RBD)

Since then my premise has held - even when some on here thought that at 530 odd the chart was sad and sold out ......gee it's over $6 now

Occasionally it looks like time to sell but as always ahead of a year ago (with divies and free vouchers) it was a case of why sell. The original ones are getting close to 8 bagger (on a average price including the sales they are about a 25 bagger but I don't things that way)

Yep $6 plus now - probably $7 bucks in a years time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Thanks bull

That's how my simple chart shows it but putting the price and ROC together looks messy

I've been holding since sub $1 days in 2008/2009. My premise is that generally the share price is higher than a year ago so with dividends it is a great hold.

As you say that broke down in 2012 and I reduced my holding - retaining a fair chunk because RBDs PE fall was in line with the market (assume that market action affected RBD)

Since then my premise has held - even when some on here thought that at 530 odd the chart was sad and sold out ......gee it's over $6 now

Occasionally it looks like time to sell but as always ahead of a year ago (with divies and free vouchers) it was a case of why sell. The original ones are getting close to 8 bagger (on a average price including the sales they are about a 25 bagger but I don't things that way)

Yep $6 plus now - probably $7 bucks in a years time
    Nice one Winner! Pleased to hear you have done so well you're definitely a Winner with this one, no worries

Yes Rupert - sometimes trades can last for years and years ..... and then are some that run out of puff after a few months ....and then the odd one that lasts only a few days or weeks, generally the losing ones

As an aside if I didn't already have RBD I don't think I'd be buying at $6
    Last edited by winner69; 03-06-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Yes Rupert - sometimes trades can last for years and years ..... and then are some that run out of puff after a few months ....and then the odd one that lasts only a few days or weeks, generally the losing ones

As an aside if I didn't already have RBD I don't think I'd be buying at $6
    Thanks for the aside Winner as I would love a buy few but yes maybe not at $6. Might wait and see if it drops down a bit and then get a few. Mind you thats what I thought when it was $5.50

Anyone at the ASM today? If so summary would be appreciated!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    You get a huge KFC chicken and pizza hut buffet at the AGM!
    Some of our more savvy Polynesian friends in Auckland may have bought a few RBD shares just for this very reason

I bought some RBD and then split my holding into different entities (off market transfer form) to get a few more free meals which I distribute come June

It's a pity I could not go today, I was also keen for the chicken but alas scheduling did not allow a trip to Auckland.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Some of our more savvy Polynesian friends in Auckland may have bought a few RBD shares just for this very reason

I bought some RBD and then split my holding into different entities (off market transfer form) to get a few more free meals which I distribute come June

It's a pity I could not go today, I was also keen for the chicken but alas scheduling did not allow a trip to Auckland.
    They used to cycle the ASM around main centres, but seems to be just Auckland these days. Maybe they need some encouragement ....

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    They used to cycle the ASM around main centres, but seems to be just Auckland these days. Maybe they need some encouragement ....
    Just got back from the AGM. Great lunch buffet.
    There were about 12 big plates full of original recipe chickens, which was quickly all consumed within 20mins or so. You really gotta get in there for the chickens, people were greedily piling them up on their plates.
    There were also heaps of pizzas of various varieties, which was consumed at a more steady pace. Seemed to be more pizzas than chickens, or maybe the chickens were more popular than the pizzas!

They said the AGM was held in Auckland this year, because the past year, RBD has gone through many changes, with the Aussie KFC, Hawaii Taco Bell and Pizza Hut acquisitions. And they wanted to address these changes to as many shareholders as possible, with 40% of the shareholders in Auckland. I guess we can expect the AGM to go back to Wellington or Christchurch next year.

Also mentioned was a possible re-introduction of the DRP, due to the high share price and big levels of debt.