sharetrader
Page 223 of 291 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2905
    Guru

It can be a trap to buy high yield stocks forgetting the yield may be to compensate high risk. Over the years I have held RBD, it seems to have had more than average price volatility.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    ...End of the day there are a heap of talented and skilled foreigners looking for the opportunity....
    Isn't that a big reason why there is Brexit and Trump now - a suspicion that Business owners and "the haves" trumpet globalism and immigration in order to keep local workers "compliant" and their wages low thereby increasing in society the disparity in wealth and welfare.

Disc: still hold some RBD
    Last edited by Bjauck; 20-04-2017 at 09:32 AM.

I actually quite like the result. They seem to be delivering on their promises and their long term performance is very good. Their products will always be in demand (even if there's a downturn in the economy). I'm recently discovering fast food is often cheaper than cooking at home!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I actually quite like the result. They seem to be delivering on their promises and their long term performance is very good. Their products will always be in demand (even if there's a downturn in the economy). I'm recently discovering fast food is often cheaper than cooking at home!!
    Don't get too keen on it mate...they haven't asked you if you'd like a side order of clogged arteries yet have they
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

.......Doh

Perhaps some good buying opportunities ahead

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    Most probably correct.
    Craigs' have a 12 month target share price of $6,with a massive eps growth figure.
    Maybe Hawaii has added to the risk of holding RBD.?
    So the coming year should be interesting.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    Dammit, talk about timing, made a purchase at midday and just read about the strike now.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Most probably correct.
    Craigs' have a 12 month target share price of $6,with a massive eps growth figure.
    Maybe Hawaii has added to the risk of holding RBD.?
    So the coming year should be interesting.
    With a $40 million profit estimated next year which could be understated at this point, eps growth is set to be decent. Moreover, if media coverage of the strikes occurring tomorrow bring the SP towards $5, i will certainly be tempted.

I hope they agree to what the union is asking for 10 cents a year over the minimum wage for 3 years so they'll be 30 cents above in 2019 is hardly unreasonable imo

They paid their CEO a million dollar bonus.

If I have to exit this stock a tiny bit under water I'll do it. I have real issues with holding them ethically if they're going to let this come to a strike. Can't they put potato and gravy and coleslaw up 20 cents or something? There must be a way to manage this or a point of compromise that's a better outcome than strikes and a demotivated hostile work-force with zero morale.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Dammit, talk about timing, made a purchase at midday and just read about the strike now.
    Ah bugger thats unfortunate!