sharetrader
Page 225 of 291 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2905

Snoopy, completely agree!

I'm all for fairness and ensuring that people are treated well. Unfortunately I don't have the data to be able to calculate if what they are asking for represents business risk (often very profitable companies that have low profit margins on high volume can't afford to increase costs, so the small increase may be unreasonable). On the other hand we have to remember that the jobs we are talking about here are flipping burgers, exactly the example job people give when you talk about minimum wage jobs. It's not a career, it's not something that needs incentivized. It's student labour, temp jobs and something to do if you get made redundant. It's unfortunate that it's unionized.

The thing with wage increases, is that people love them for about 3 weeks, then they forget about them and they feel about their job/pay situation exactly the way they did on the previous wage. It's the same with bonuses.

All that said, I think it's good for the business if there are some long term employees and it would be good to give something back to them to say thanks. The best way to do that is to help them get a better job lol, obviously that's not in the businesses interests.

I think I'd rather have a share scheme / offer in place for employees to cash in on at the end of each year. That way, if anyone does choose to make a career of it, they can have some reward. Also people that aren't there long enough but think they might be can get incentivized without any cost Additonally, I think RBD shares are a good way for employees to ensure they have some savings and a good way to manage some of their finances into a better investment than the bank. Exactly what long term low paid workers need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Snoopy, completely agree!

I'm all for fairness and ensuring that people are treated well. Unfortunately I don't have the data to be able to calculate if what they are asking for represents business risk (often very profitable companies that have low profit margins on high volume can't afford to increase costs, so the small increase may be unreasonable). On the other hand we have to remember that the jobs we are talking about here are flipping burgers, exactly the example job people give when you talk about minimum wage jobs. It's not a career, it's not something that needs incentivized. It's student labour, temp jobs and something to do if you get made redundant. It's unfortunate that it's unionized.

The thing with wage increases, is that people love them for about 3 weeks, then they forget about them and they feel about their job/pay situation exactly the way they did on the previous wage. It's the same with bonuses.

All that said, I think it's good for the business if there are some long term employees and it would be good to give something back to them to say thanks. The best way to do that is to help them get a better job lol, obviously that's not in the businesses interests.

I think I'd rather have a share scheme / offer in place for employees to cash in on at the end of each year. That way, if anyone does choose to make a career of it, they can have some reward. Also people that aren't there long enough but think they might be can get incentivized without any cost Additonally, I think RBD shares are a good way for employees to ensure they have some savings and a good way to manage some of their finances into a better investment than the bank. Exactly what long term low paid workers need.
    Do you really feel like a single mother with 4 kids on $15 an hour will want or even know what to do with shares in RBD? - A lot people who work for $15/h live paycheque to paycheque.

When low skilled workers attempt to force a profit driven company to raise expenses, be prepared to introduce self check out/ordering machines and lower full time employee numbers...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...er-labor-costs

There is plenty of opportunity for RBD to actually lower payroll expenses in future...
    Last edited by hardt; 24-04-2017 at 04:46 PM.

percy

I sold my RDB yesterday at $5.29,mainly as I did not like their chart..

Guru

I wonder if all those striking workers when into McD's when they were done and saw the computer ordering machines that was doing their job?

If they were struggling to find staff, they would put the rates up. Personally I prefer paying more to create loyalty and reduce staff churn but accept that is only one model.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I sold my RDB yesterday at $5.29,mainly as I did not like their chart..
    Chart looks OK to me Percy. What was your main concern?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Chart looks OK to me Percy. What was your main concern?
    Really? Breakdown of an almost two year rising trend line, failure at the 200DMA, a year of repeated failures at around $5.60 resistance. The trusty weekly chart said sell, Percy seems to have spotted it rather well! $5.00 is support also the 400DMA.

Indicators are oversold, so might see a wee rally back to the descending trend line from Jan'17, which is still below the long term rising trend.

Attachment 8814
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 25-04-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Really? Breakdown of an almost two year rising trend line, failure at the 200DMA, a year of repeated failures at around $5.60 resistance. The trusty weekly chart said sell, Percy seems to have spotted it rather well! $5.00 is support also the 400DMA.

Indicators are oversold, so might see a wee rally back to the descending trend line from Jan'17, which is still below the long term rising trend.

Attachment 8814
    Personally I don't really see the problem. It's been around the $5 level for a while bouncing between $5.20 and $5.60. It's not going to rocket past upper resistance levels until they get some wins on the board with their international businesses. The long term chart looks good IMO and I'm not into over reading charts where there's no evident downward trend.

percy

Personally I don't really see the problem. It's been around the $5 level for a while bouncing between $5.20 and $5.60. It's not going to rocket past upper resistance levels until they get some wins on the board with their international businesses. The long term chart looks good IMO and I'm not into over reading charts where there's no evident downward trend.
    I use a different chart from Baa_Baa's,{Yahoo chart},but it is giving the same signals.
    SP $5.25,200 day EMA $5.26 and 100 day EMA is $5.36.So the sp is below both moving averages.Not a good sign.
    There was no eps growth,yet the coming year should see plenty of growth.But RBD has gone from being just in NZ, to operations now also in Australia and Hawaii .The Hawaiian operation is Taco Bell which they have no experience with.So potential growth comes with much greater potential risk.
    The growth has already been factored into the sp as the PE is at present over 20.
    So just a bit risky at present for me.They will remain on my watch list,and I am prepared to pay a higher price, if the growth turns out to be there.
    Last edited by percy; 25-04-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I use a different chart from Baa_Baa's,{Yahoo chart},but it is giving the same signals.
    SP $5.25,200 day EMA $5.26 and 100 day EMA is $5.36.So the sp is below both moving averages.Not a good sign.
    There was no eps growth,yet the coming year should see plenty of growth.But RBD has gone from being just in NZ, to operations now also in Australia and Hawaii .The Hawaiian operation is Taco Bell which they have no experience with.So potential growth comes with much great potential risk.
    The growth has already been factored into the sp as the PE is at present over 20.
    So just a bit risky at present for me.They will remain on my watch list,and I am prepared to pay a higher price, if the growth turns out to be there.
    Thanks Percy makes sense. Think I'll wait and see what happens up until the next dividend payment My sell point would be below $5. I don't have a lot invested so not too worried in movements before then.

Membaa

The very long term trend is certainly solid although the SP is approaching the 5-year rising trend line, around $5.15. It may provide support. Some people act on things on a shorter timeframe, my chart posted is a weekly chart which is fairly conservative, it clearly shows a 6-month downtrend from January and a breakdown through the large MA's that a lot of people take into account.