sharetrader
Page 229 of 291 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2905

I vaguely recall reading that one of the big chicken producers has had lower profits due to chicken being cheaper, despite increased sales... Tegal, I think? Sorry, I don't have a source.

Still, who does that sound like good news for? I foresee a profit announcement to come in above expectations.

Is it because I'm now more aware of KFC, or does it seem like KFC are absolutely everywhere? Adverts constantly playing on the radio, KFC littered on the floor, supporting sports events, etc.

Anyone who's been watching KFC over the years able to tell me if this is normal or if it's not just my perseption, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Is it because I'm now more aware of KFC, or does it seem like KFC are absolutely everywhere? Adverts constantly playing on the radio, KFC littered on the floor, supporting sports events, etc.

Anyone who's been watching KFC over the years able to tell me if this is normal or if it's not just my perseption, please?
    I would hope we all noticed... even though I don't eat KFC as it gives me the runs... I hold a tiny parcel of RBD.

RBD.NZX FY15A FY16A FY17A CAGR%
    OPERATING REVENUES GENERATED - NZDm 372.6 404.1 517.5 17.85%
    Cost of marketing - NZDm 18.9 20.7 28.1 21.93%
    Last edited by hardt; 17-07-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Advanced Member

Last week of Election 2017 and this morning the only positive stock in my portfolio is RBD.

I draw no conclusions (not many anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Last week of Election 2017 and this morning the only positive stock in my portfolio is RBD.

I draw no conclusions (not many anyway).
    Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be some sort of junk food tax in the works lol

Guru

Looks like very good increase in same store sales both here and in Aus. Gotta be good for the SP. Even PH was up but unfortunately Carl Jr and Starbucks down. But KFC the real star.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/RBD/announcements/307554

KFC is the consistent start in RBD's sky. We now have early signs that overseas KFC acquisitions will turn this star into a constellation. Carls Jr continues to be a bit disappointing, questions must be being asked on it long term. Very good to see Pizza Hut also performing well.

Where to from here is what I want to know

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Where to from here is what I want to know
    I think they will work on getting more out of the current businesses, maybe streamline the new acquisitions and look at getting rid of Starbucks and non performing Pizza huts so the business looks better on paper. I dont see further acquisitions in the short term. I would really like them to invest a little in a NZ brand to get franchised outside of NZ (as a side project which is funded like a startup). They have the ability to scale fast but I dont think the current team have time to look into that, they going after the big fish. But it still would be nice to get an NZ started franchise owned by RBD
    Last edited by LAC; 23-09-2017 at 12:17 PM.