sharetrader
Page 213 of 292 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2918
    IMO

New Zealand's Restaurant Brands buys Stephen Copulos ...
    Stephen Copulos - Biography

I have shares in CAS (not a recco;in the red)which Copulos owns re 20% in and is chairman of

Hi,

I dont hold shares in this, though just have a question,...does anyone know whats going on with Napier's KFC?,...for about 6 months now, all I've heard are complaints after complaints, I went yesterday,(around 3pm) only to find it was "drive through only",..which from what I've heard is common...I couldnt be bothered so got back in my car and went somewhere else,..also they run out of stuff,...they have been out of potato and gravy since Thursday,...is it lack of staff, when they have to close the restaurant,and have drive through only? and poor management to run out of stuff????

I believe for any fast food place, if they have to do any sort of maintenance whether it be building or equipment, then they keep the drive thru open. I've seen this for McDonalds quite alot.
    Of all the fast food joints, KFC run out of stuff the most. At the various times I've ordered at KFCs the past few years, they've run out of potato gravy, salads, burger buns and wraps.

thanks, though this one has just up graded around Sept last yr,just seems to happen a lot from what I've heard

Happens every now and then too at Porirua store so you have to be early, before 7:30 pm on Thursdays or Fridays especially when there's a big Rugby game in the telly or in the stadium.

disc: no longer a shareholder as of today. Just sold my last bundle on it for $5.25 having accummulated them when they were almost free give aways at less than a dollar

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Happens every now and then too at Porirua store so you have to be early, before 7:30 pm on Thursdays or Fridays especially when there's a big Rugby game in the telly or in the stadium.

disc: no longer a shareholder as of today. Just sold my last bundle on it for $5.25 having accummulated them when they were almost free give aways at less than a dollar
    Well done. I too have some from IPO times, some more at under a $ and some that I have bought recently at the $3 mark. But seriously considering getting rid of them at this $5 plus mark. Anyone else think they are too extended? Where is growth coming from ?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Where is growth coming from ?
    1/ Bedding down and further expansion of their KFC acquisition in Australia.
    2/ Carl's Junior gaining scale in NZ such trhat it makes real profits, not just at EBITDA level.

SNOOPY

discl: still holding
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    1/ Bedding down and further expansion of their KFC acquisition in Australia.
    2/ Carl's Junior gaining scale in NZ such trhat it makes real profits, not just at EBITDA level.

SNOOPY

discl: still holding
    Sure that I do understand... just not the PE > 20

PE over 20 needs some real sustained growth etc to justify price. That is why I am considering getting out....

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Sure that I do understand... just not the PE > 20

PE over 20 needs some real sustained growth etc to justify price. That is why I am considering getting out....
    The PE of 20 is similar to what some power companies trade on. One might say the reasons are similar too.

1/ Established business models, with sustainable cashflow
    2/ To some extent recession resistant. People still need power and will trade down from a more expensive meal out to a takeaway in a time of recession.
    3/ Both bricks and mortor operations unlilkely to have serious new era internet competition.
    4/ Share yield supported by the very low bank term deposit rates.

I understand your unease blackcap, as a PE of 20 is high. But if you sold where do you go for an alternative recession resistant income return? Answer that question and I might sell a few RBD myself! In the meantime I am happy on the share registar right here.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

The squiggly line on the chart still seems to be heading upwards

Surely thats the only measure of 'value' - not these PE things
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”