sharetrader
Page 231 of 292 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2917

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Anyone have a view on RBD making an opportunistic play for ASX.RFG? They’re certainly getting punished at the moment (and not without reason, but there are some good brands there).
    I bloody well hope not.

800+ bakeries and 1300+ cafes ... No thanks.

Let RBD carry on selling fried garbage for massive profits...

What would really get me excited would be RBD merging with Collins Foods CKF which would consolidate a lot of KFC operators under one hutt.

disc hold

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Anyone have a view on RBD making an opportunistic play for ASX.RFG? They’re certainly getting punished at the moment (and not without reason, but there are some good brands there).
    Jeez that RFG still getting hammered ....another 25% today on top of recent carnage
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    I bloody well hope not.

800+ bakeries and 1300+ cafes ... No thanks.

Let RBD carry on selling fried garbage for massive profits...

What would really get me excited would be RBD merging with Collins Foods CKF which would consolidate a lot of KFC operators under one hutt.

disc hold
    RBD tend to operate company owned stores (quite a few PH run by franchisees but they were dogma as company owned stores)

Seems the RFG franchise is beyond redemption - screwed franchisees into the ground so much hardly a business left.

I would want RBD even entertaining the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez that RFG still getting hammered ....another 25% today on top of recent carnage
    Over 40m of shares traded today too. The market cap is now only 360m!!! They are in big trouble. Great journalism by Sydney morning herald I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Over 40m of shares traded today too. The market cap is now only 360m!!! They are in big trouble. Great journalism by Sydney morning herald I must say.
    A bit like what Veritas are doing to Mad Butcher franchisees .....ok for HQ until the operators throw in the towel.

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A bit like what Veritas are doing to Mad Butcher franchisees .....ok for HQ until the operators throw in the towel.
    It certainly seems that the new CEO will have to back off the profits big time to get the franchisees back in the black and rebuild some confidence. Clearly Alford screwed them for all they're worth. It has to be said though that those struggling franchisees hoping to sell out and move on are now completely stuffed, virtually no hope anyone will buy them. Maybe RFG should buy them out as company owned stores and put some skin in the game. Anyway, not relevant to RBD really as you say it's a different model, I was just looking at the brands and thinking that gourmet pizza and cafes with a decent selection of food might sit well alongside Pizza Hut and Starbucks without really competing too much for the same dollar.

Wow - nearly half the brokers who lixtdd their picks in The Herald picked RBD in their top five. The most picked of all the stocks

Probably a bad sign

Last year the most picked was fph?

When there is such a monumental consensus from the brokers on a business... just buy in, because you know others will be doing the same..

[Plus, everyone already knows RBD is excellent anyway]
    Last edited by hardt; 01-01-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    When there is such a monumental consensus from the brokers on a business... just buy in, because you know others will be doing the same..

[Plus, everyone already knows RBD is excellent anyway]
    all good then

Never found a reason to sell over the last 10 years ... a seven bagger now

The line will just keep going up and up ..... 8 bucks .... 9 bucks ...10 bucks

When is Taco Bell going to be big in NZ