sharetrader
Page 229 of 237 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2361

Thread: RAK Rakon

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    The news is there is no news......
    It's in the best interests of the majority (count) of shareholders, given it was languishing at around the 60-70 cent mark before the current proposal (even if the $1.70 is the ceiling and recognising that there is a long way between the start and finish line of a NBIO).

Guru

RAK on a tear today. I'm surprised the market hasn't taken the prospective offer more seriously. Maybe it's starting to or perhaps things are progressing?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    RAK on a tear today. I'm surprised the market hasn't taken the prospective offer more seriously. Maybe it's starting to or perhaps things are progressing?
    Market is very soft now, with buy-side support lacking until $1.21.

I'm not sure what folk expect really. The 18 January announcement stated the obvious, namely " Rakon will continue to keep shareholders informed by market announcements in accordance with its continuous disclosure obligations but, given the confidentiality agreements it has reached, will not otherwise be providing further comment."

The fact is Rakon has three manufacturing plants (the biggest is newly opened in India), six research and development centres, and sixteen customer support offices worldwide. This surely complicates any due diligence exercise, but the scale and reach of the enterprise is likely to be valuable to an acquiring party. And given the geo-political background as well I believe it is more likely than not that a positive outcome will follow. I even listed RAK as a pick in the 2024 Sharetrader Competition despite the price having already "popped" when the competition commenced.

It's essentially wait and see just now and any share price movements meantime should be ignored. Of course any significant movement absent an announcement could signal a leak of some sort but given the shares on issue are relatively few FMA/NZX ability to monitor trades should give pause for thought.

9 weeks on from the tabling of the alleged "indicative offer".

NO meaningful update from the appointed sub committee!!

@ RAK..If there is no update then why don't you inform the non aligned shareholders who don't know as to why there isn't any update.

GLTA.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    9 weeks on from the tabling of the alleged "indicative offer".

NO meaningful update from the appointed sub committee!!

@ RAK..If there is no update then why don't you inform the non aligned shareholders who don't know as to why there isn't any update.

GLTA.

Can't have that can we .. the SP might plummet like a stone back down to 70c levels

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Can't have that can we .. the SP might plummet like a stone back down to 70c levels
    These guys been about as bad as FBU , they should take the hint ….

Leanne Lazarus, CEO Heartland Bank, will be a panel member at the Auckland Branch NZSA meeting tomorrow evening and presenting on the Depositor Compensation Scheme, strategy and interest rates.

A current perspective from a smaller market player straddling both sides of the Tasman should be interesting, and the Q and A session should add to the mix.
    Last edited by ronaldson; 14-02-2024 at 07:27 AM. Reason: wrong thread

I see some Rocketlab holders speculating that they could be the ones who have made a offer and looking to purchase RAK, hopefully we hear something soon.

I expect that after a long period of radio silence and internal wranglings and knashing of teeth that the special working group will eventually announce that the proposed offer is 'not in the best interests of shareholders at this time'...
    But 'which' shareholders.. ? 😉
    Last edited by SPC; 17-02-2024 at 01:26 PM.