sharetrader
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Would it be crediting the average Kiwisaver investor with too much savvy for realising that their investment is a longterm proposition that will experience multiple bull and bear markets before they get to retirement?
    I'm still quite often told that Kiwisaver is a government guaranteed scheme with a 100% rate of return. Perhaps that puts financial knowledge of the average Kiwisaver investor in perspective? Very concerning.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    I'm still quite often told that Kiwisaver is a government guaranteed scheme with a 100% rate of return. Perhaps that puts financial knowledge of the average Kiwisaver investor in perspective? Very concerning.
    Yes it is sad how many people have no idea how it works. I had a discussion a few months ago with 8 young people, 18-20 year olds. None of them understood that for the first $1028 dollars you put in each year the Government will match it 50c for every $1 they put in. I am glad that all of them topped up their Kiwisavers before end of June to maximise the subsidy and I´m sure they will do so in future years. It will make a huge difference to their savings over the decades of retirment savings they have in front of them.
    I think Universities and Polytechs should have a short compulsory course on Kiwisaver and retirment planning in general, for 1st year Uni/Polytech students.

everything you wanted to know about ks, well fees are too high...https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...ykiwisaver.pdf

Superlife just put another 20 options on the my mix... heaps of etfs, us, aussie etc. Decisions decisions. http://www.superlife.co.nz/investment-portfolios.html

I am so glad I found this website forum.. that is how I found out about superlife in another thread.. Recently I took my KS fund (been invested since KW began) from my high cost providers growth fund to superlife. The fact you can choose your own portfolio mix is a winner for me.. In december they are adding even more ETF choices to their many options! Thanks alot!!

Yes, I like they way you can see the movements daily, different tax etc and low fees. Interestingly the NZX ones have just caught up with the bonds and cash again after last months issues but Auzzie are back 5% still and emerging market type ones 10% even with the bounce.