sharetrader
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast

A very smart move by ASB. They have made it possible to contribute to Kiwisaver from their credit card reward scheme (true rewards). I just made $45 contribution from my accumulated asb true rewards to the kiwisaver. No fees for the transaction. If you are using it for consumption they charge $4 for each redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    A very smart move by ASB. They have made it possible to contribute to Kiwisaver from their credit card reward scheme (true rewards). I just made $45 contribution from my accumulated asb true rewards to the kiwisaver. No fees for the transaction. If you are using it for consumption they charge $4 for each redemption.
    Yes I like it... look after the cents and the dollars look after themselves. Low fees ASB too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Cheers mate, appreciated. Food for thought.

I guess in my mind all I'm after is capital protection. I don't want to see it wiped out when I know I could have tinkered, but then again, I guess gains I miss out on would be lost as well.
    So maybe it is just a case of' set and forget'. I want the gains of the Growth, but am hesitant on the losses. I guess having not been through a downturn (with money in - we all saw the GFC, but I wasn't 'in' it) I'm still trying to intellectualise how this works, and how I can make good decisions to ride through it as strong as I possibly can.

Do you mean; look after yourself - as in the funds will take care of you, or look after 'yourself' - in that you will actively manage them??
    Nothing wrong with capital protection!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-f...ectid=11340682

Kiwisaver stats. I learned it is not untouchable if bankrupt.

I think around 2008-09 my growth plan Kiwisaver (Gareth Morgan) had a 5-10% lost on the balance for the year. I switched it to a 100% balanced. I was re training for my career and I didn't even put the $1000 to get the govt's $500 bonus, nor was there any employer or govt contribution. That said the money that in their by itself untouched grew 10% after fees and tax - month to same month the year after. If you account for govt and employer contributions, even in the bad times with a 100% growth the loss didn't wipe out the free money from the employer / govt. For me, it's been a positive one.
    Last edited by rayonline; 25-10-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Since 2007 my wife has had no income and just paid in the minimum $1042 a year. Balance is 18 300, contributions $7800 Govt paid $6700 investment earnings $4000 fees $160 tax $190. My kids $1000 is $1600. As they turn 18 I am trying to pay in at least $600 a year cos then after 5 years they can get the housing subsidy.

NZX buying superlife, gee what happens if NZX goes broke...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by p2r View Post
    NZX buying superlife, gee what happens if NZX goes broke...
    The Kiwisaver funds are still held by a trustee. The different is NZX gets the management fees.

Will be interesting to see if NZX increases the currently very low fees offered by Superlife or uses the scale to decrease the fees on its expensive SmartKiwi range.

Does anybody know if this news today affects Milford's Kiwisaver management?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11427048

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    Does anybody know if this news today affects Milford's Kiwisaver management?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11427048
    no impact at all. Milford ran a private fund for the govt owned superfund. That is the only one cancelled. They still run all their other funds.