sharetrader
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by p2r View Post
    Well I reckon if you have made 25% in the last year in the Superlife NZ Shares might be time to switch to more cash & bonds. Although NZ share market might still go OK I don't think it can repeat the effort in the coming year. Or time to try the Gaynor conservative fund - is it open? ASB master trust is doing a good job too in it's passive way, I see it can now get longer term investments in it's cash fund, so that should improve things.
    I wonder what effect going to 3% next year in March will have on KS. Probably more money looking for a home in the NZ share market? Has the NZ Share, property and bond market ever had a teat like this to suck on before...?
    The conservative fund is now up and running FYI.

http://milfordkiwisaver.rtrk.com.au/...id=25089403065

Inland revenue now proving to be as efficient at Kiwisaver as Nova pay is for the other state beneficiaries. A week ago my whanua each got three identical kiwisaver letters in the mail. That was the mailbox full. A few days later they each got another four identical letters. Blow me down they got five letters each today. I've organised a container out the front that the postie can put next weeks deliveries in.

The IRD seem to be slow at times to move the funds from the themselves to your provider - a couple of months go by and no increae in your balance, then a sudden rise.

Permanent Newbie

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...iwisaver-funds

Personally I have recently switched to all cash. My growth fund didn't do so well over 2007-2009 and the value of the fund only recently exceeded the contributions. I guess the article is a statement on how well equities have done over fixed interest.
    All the common sense says you can't time the market but no one can see the future so I will be looking to compare all cash versus growth performance this time next year.
    I should just take the balanced option and forget about it.

Different fund mangers could outperform market at different times depend on how they pick stocks. We all make mistakes in the markets. In some period we could miss the biggest gain in our portfolio if we are in 100% cash. Investment is an art and is continues process. In my view is we should be in the market all the time. Because we could find some bull stocks and attractive dividend champions, even during period of bear market. I made use of my kiwi saver savings to buy my first home. Currently I am looking forward to select my next best kiwi saver option. Do you have any idea about fund managers that you like? If so why do you like your fund manger so much?Can you list fund mangers that allow us to select all types of individual stocks to our kiwi saver? Thanks.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 01-02-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: To adjust a sentence.

My wife's kiwisaver is interesting as she has never had a salary and is in cash fund now but has put on about 30% in a year in Superlife Gemino thanks to peb. So in ks from the start just paying the minimum for the tax credit total is $18800. Of that we paid $7000 the govt $6000 and earnings $6000. tax $220 fees $140. My kids are $1600 now. Hard to dislike that. My own is not as flash but OK but my own choices of funds. I like it.

Banned

For the self employed like myself its well worth just putting in the minimum amount just to get the tax credit,thats a 50% return on your money,in this case i don't really think it matters which option you choose,I just switched from cash to conservative with Mercer,have enough risk going on in the share market without adding more with kiwisaver
    Last edited by couta1; 07-02-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Point of this article is that free money becomes less of a factor over time. Returns and I would add flexibility, tax and fees become more important. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11202579

Guru

For Kiwisaver has anyone considered "smartshares" as their provider? They operate the NZ and Australian ETF's with a mixture of FNZ, TNZ and MDZ amoungst others. I like them in NZ for the simple fact they are passive and thus their fees reflect this status and you will always have a fund that performs the market with a possibility of some Australian exposure. I just do not trust the NZ "active" managers enough to provide a positive alpha after fees etc and am happy with what smartshares provide.

Guru

Given they are EFT, I thought their fees were expensive.