sharetrader

Threaded View

Legend

Glass Earth's holding a good price of CAD 46.5c (NZ 58c) at the moment, over 200k of shares sold, with plenty more (200k) wanting to buy near that.

Here's the link to the quote page for GEL. Without logging on, you can look at quite involved charts, look at the depth, etc.

Any company connected with gold will be doing better, after US$gold looks like breaking $1600 any day. Looks to me like the mining sector in general is very busy buying equipment, and gearing up. While GEL's gold output isn't that high, I think its function is to pay for administration costs, link the company's shares to the gold price a bit more, and ensure that all investment money is spent on exploration.

Having a 50% share of Dunstan Mining means GEL has a foot in the door to the lucrative area of mining hardware and services. Dunstan Mining doesn't hold any permits, it would seem, it's all about the mechanics of the mining business.

We're at the press release end of the week, if I'm an optimist..

If I had a few hours spare, it would be interesting to list all of the current permits and applications that GEL has filed. Here's an interesting PP (prospecting permit application).
    (PP) 53297 sits above and around OGC's giant Macraes Mine. OGC has a lot of the nearby space covered, but this new Kakanui application is big, it's 526,000 Ha, prospecting for gold and silver, for two years duration if approved. You have to wonder what GEL saw in the earlier intervention scans, and what OGC thinks of all this.
    Last edited by elZorro; 14-07-2011 at 09:33 PM.