sharetrader
Page 113 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1155
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Thanks Mate,

I had written this investment off ages ago, the third party will pretty much own the whole company.
    Yes, someone is going to have to be very brave or deep pocketed, that's for sure.

Since Newmont have given the locals a bit of a heads up with the drilling program in a general way, I have taken a wild guess at what the drill 908SP50703 is all about. It may have been collared from underground workings at Trio mine, right on the outer edge of the Waihi West permit. It could be about 360 meters underground at the start point, and went 300 metres or so into the Waihi West permit, horizontally. At that point it intercepted a 10 mtr wide quartz vein, vertical perhaps. That sort of a structure is similar to Correnso, it laid dormant and undiscovered for a long time.

Or the drill might have been collared from the West wall of the Martha pit, in which case I'm wildly off beam.

However, the colourful and plain English "Current Exploration Activity" one-page document of March 12 2015 mentions in three different panels:

...vertical vein systems prevalent in this area. Drilling from underground means we can drill shorter holes at right angles to the vein systems to intercept them...(fishing analogy) The nibble doesn't mean that you will get anything, or you may get an undersized fish that you have to throw back. In any case, you don't shout out that you got a bite, you wait until you have landed a decent fish..
    (Gardening analogy) It took forty exploration drill holes to "find all the potatoes"and confirm the extent and grade of the main section of the Correnso ore body.
    Newmont probably has Boart Longyear contractors doing the drilling. They appear to be looking in four different directions around the Martha Pit, two of them heading into the Waihi West permit.
    Last edited by elZorro; 29-03-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Legend

Here is an up to date image of the mine workings at the Correnso Mine in Waihi East, just few hundred metres away from the East edge of the Waihi West permit. You can see the concentrated work on the main cone-shaped ore body is well under way, with drives heading off after smaller veins. Also note how small in area the main body of ore seems to be, in relation to houses. It's quite a rich patch of gold.

Newmont didn't start having a hard look at the Waihi West permit under the joint venture option until the Correnso mine had been approved in about 2012 or 2013, although they had drilled into the area in 2006 and found nothing. They also didn't formally pick up the JV offer until the document was signed earlier this year. In the normal scale of mining exploration, this is a reasonably significant development as far as Antipodes Gold is concerned. The timing as far as AXG is concerned, is not good, they are now paupers and have significant debt.

But not a great deal of debt, in terms of what 40% of a prospective underground mining area would be worth, if it was proved up. You'd have to think that the chances of that happening are at least far higher than any of Glass Earth's other permits, because all the mining infrastructure and expertise is right to hand, and there was a great big pile of gold mined out within a few hundred metres of the area, with more being discovered recently, to the north-east.
    Last edited by elZorro; 12-09-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Legend

Default Not an April's Fool Joke?

There was apparently a press release on 1st April about AXG being able to make a reverse takeover of CRP. The way I see these concepts, CRP is amalgamating with the shell of AXG because it has a dual listing. By the time of the reverse takeover, the core assets of AXG (being their permits and IP), will have been transferred to AOR for just NZ$1mill, under the control of Chris Castle. This is out of left field, I hadn't seen this coming, but Simon Henderson is now on the board of AOR, and the two blokes involved used to work alongside each other in Wellington.

http://www.antipodesgold.co.nz/uploa...-3_(final).pdf

So the offer only became concrete once the Waihi West drill results were out. Now AOR reckons that all things withstanding, the permits (held in GENZL) are worth about $1mill plus the money owing to Newmont, about another $600k. The AOR shares that are part of the deal in lieu of cash, will mostly need to be sold to get enough cash for AXG to first pay off all their ordinary creditors who have been waiting for over 12 months. The $200k cash won't be enough. This goes some way towards explaining why Chris Castle fronted up with a $40k loan deal a few months back.

All this is subject to shareholder approval. Newmont apparently have some right of pre-emption, maybe that means that they can step in first and make a more straightforward offer for AXG in toto, and then delist the company.

This probably wouldn't suit Simon Henderson, who will possibly have a deal going with AOR, and in any case is due a golden handshake of up to about $2mill if AXG (or is that GENZL) ever gets to the point of having a decent mineable resource. The permit part ownerships are held by Glass Earth.

This press release has not been tagged alongside AXG on the NZX, but then neither have the other two press releases this year.

This will be interesting, to see what happens. Correnso is being mined by Newmont (100% owner) because there is at least 570,000 oz of gold there, at low current prices nearly US$700mill worth. They said it'll cost $200 mill to tunnel down and get to it ( labour costs could be over $50mill a year alone), then ongoing extraction costs. In any case, the sort of money being discussed over at AXG, 40% holder of an adjacent permit with one or more recent drills showing something, isn't really in the same league.

I think the AOR offer is a bit cheeky, and might flush out a bigger bet.
    Last edited by elZorro; 05-04-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Legend

The TSX will start trading in AXG shares again, overnight in NZ time. That'll be interesting.

http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?...&qm_symbol=AXG

Edit: Maybe not, one transaction overnight worth $1350, at 3 cents.
    Last edited by elZorro; 10-04-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Legend

A couple of hours ago, nearly 6% of AXG was traded on the TSX, 630,000 shares from a total of over 10mill, at C 2.5c, valuing the company at C$264,000 odd.

Doesn't look like the market is too impressed with the deal being discussed.

Legend

Aorere Resources has a page showing the press releases from CRP, AOR and AXG around 1st April.

http://aorereresources.co.nz/blog/20...s-gold-limited

There have not been any great changes in the share prices of these companies, well not upwards, anyway, since. I like to read between the lines a bit, this is a new habit that I've picked up after having been delivered a few lessons.

AOR will need to hand over $200,000 in cash, which they'll come up with by selling one or more assets. Then they'll also provide $800,000 "worth" of AOR shares to AXG, for the GENZL company assets. I'm fairly sure AXG owes quite a bit more than $200k at the moment, which means they'll sell these shares on market to realise cash, or they'll try and palm off most of the shares in lieu of payment. The last time someone exchanged GEL shares for debts over on the TSX, it caused a major crash in the price. Since AOR is only worth just north of $1.2mill on paper at the moment, guess what will happen to the shareprice. This could all happen around about August 2015, if all goes as they want it to.

It seems to me that all this is being driven by both Simon Henderson and Chris Castle being prepared to take a punt that the Waihi West permit will contain mineable gold, or it being the most likely positive result from all of the current AOR investments. As long as neither of them have to stump up any real initial cash, of course.

It will be the investors in AOR who will need to handle the share dilution and capital raising afterwards, if they have to pay for 40% of the drilling costs, assuming that goes ahead. There was no market frenzy from the Correnso find nearby a few short years ago, as that was all quietly contained within Newmont's offices. They could probably run a few news releases over drilling in Waihi West, or as much as Newmont lets them do.

But this all seems a lot of mucking about, when Newmont could just take over the whole permit and WKP for a sensible amount, let AXG sort out its horrible debts, and then maybe AXG could help CRP with a reverse takeover, only this time AXG would have a bit more of an interest in the final concern.

Note: this leaves AOR out of the picture. But as Chris Castle said, this whole deal is being set up to help CRP. Yeah right.

Legend

Here's a part of the Eastender update from Newmont posted on GoldFM by 8th April.
    Kit Wilson was asked:

*Is more information available about exploration permit 40767? What has been found? What does the joint venture refer to? People are saying it’s well known that plenty of gold is there because there was a proposal to move Waihi Central School and change the road. It would be good if we can get some clarification.*Kit Wilson said there's not much he can say other than Newmont is drilling from Trio out towards the West into that permit area. The permit is owned by Antipodes Gold and Newmont is paying for the drilling. They have had one hit and Kit Wilson said it's like fishing, they have had one nibble, so there is nothing to clarify in terms of that.
    There is one drill rig on the surface north of Savage Road at the moment and Kit Wilson said they are having a look around to see if there is something they should be taking a closer look at before they leave. Newmont is drilling underground because it is less of a hassle. "As soon as we find something, people will know."
    The Waihi Central School is directly opposite the main offices of Newmont, and while Newmont have the permit under their building 100%, AXG has a share in 40767 going down Moresby Ave around there. What the questioner referred to was probably the changes for the school if the West Layback was proceeded with. Newmont would have extended the reach of the Martha pit right beside the school, following some known veins from the pit. In view of Correnso, they've changed their ideas since then, they're keener on underground mining at depth. Savage Road joins Moresby Ave just north of there, and heads roughly northwards.

Here's what they were talking about in 2007.

http://www.waihigold.co.nz/assets/up...02-10-2007.pdf

Permit 40767 is notched out roughly where those veins come through, Newmont has that immediate area already.

AXG will have to produce the last quarter and annual report by 30th April, or earlier.
    Last edited by elZorro; 26-04-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Legend

The end of year report is out, will have a look at this later. The big news for today is OGC's offer for the Newmont Waihi assets, at $101mill. They have played this very quietly. I did get the impression that Newmont have better areas elsewhere, and OGC said they were looking for acquisitions in low labour countries. It could be that the latest find in Waihi West helped galvanise an offer, but note the scale of the offer, $280 an ounce for known reserves at the end of an existing tunnel. That's fairly cheap I'd have thought. Good news for the labour force in Waihi, as OGC are talking 10-20 years out, long enough to find some more underground resources.

What will this mean for AXG? OCG have deep pockets just like Newmont, so the $1mill AOR is talking about ($200k cash), might not be enough to stave off OGC taking AXG's share out of the picture in Waihi West, long before shares have to change hands. I don't think AXG has any kind of a relationship with OGC, there was certainly something with Newmont. GEL had that big permit right beside Macraes mine in Otago, but had to drop it before anything was done about it (nothing that was reported).

Again, this is a big surprise.

Legend

I had a quick look at the annual report. Uninspiring, as I'd thought it would be. The auditors didn't feel that they could pass an opinion on the books, not enough questions answered. No funds raised, but the directors did see fit to stump up $10,000 each (all in, lads!) for which they'll receive shares. One of the Drybread/Gunclub/McAdies landowners has sued for $300k damages to his property, in December 2014. We hear about this now? Typical.

Another comment towards the rear of the MDA:

On 1 April 2015, the Company announced an intention to restructure the Company by means of two transactions, being the sale of the Company's gold assets and a change of business by means of a Reverse Takeover of a phosphate company. The planning of these transactions is at an early stage and subject to a number of conditions. There is no certainty that these transactions will be concluded.

The failure to conclude these transactions could result in the collapse and/or bankruptcy of the
    Company.
    Can a publicly listed company go belly-up? $400k odd has been dropped off the overdue debt loading somehow, maybe some creditors have written their debts off. No detail about if Newmont/OGC can just take over the JV permit shares in exchange for payment.
    Last edited by elZorro; 01-05-2015 at 05:58 AM.

Legend

NZ Resources story for today, mentions AXG at the bottom. I think the reporter got the 30% a bit wrong, on paper AXG owns 50% of Waihi West permit for the moment, and 35% of WKP. But Newmont, and then OGC, hold first right of refusal to allow AXG to transfer these assets to AOR.

OGC say they'll spend about $5mill p.a. on exploration including near-pit veins (like those at Waihi West). I don't think that sort of spending would stretch to much WKP work, it must be on the back-burner in their current plans. But miners do seem to change their minds often.

AXG shares untouched overnight, OGC shares held about even, bigger than normal volume.

1/5/2015 — Gold
    OceanaGold to acquire Newmont’s Waihi operations
    By Simon Hartley
    New Zealand’s premier gold miner OceanaGold Corporation (ASX, NZX & TSX: OGC) plans to purchase its only hard rock gold mining competitor in New Zealand – the North Island operations of Newmont Mining Corporation at Waihi at the base of the Coromandel Peninsula.
    The agreement is for OceanaGold to purchase the Waihi leases for $US101 million ($NZ132.3 M) which may prove to be a lifeline for OceanaGold’s operations to continue at Macraes for several years.
    The combined operations will this year employ about 1,000 staff in NZ, with overall gold production next calendar year potentially well beyond 400,000 ounces; including OceanaGold’s Philippines contributions.
    In the face of rising costs and gold price volatility, OceanaGold recently shed almost 300 staff and contracting jobs from Macraes in Otago, and at Reefton on the West Coast, as part of a $100 M efficiency drive following the gold price nosedive.
    OceanaGold’s chief executive Mick Wilkes said Waihi represented a unique opportunity to acquire a high-quality asset which had demonstrated an ability to repeatedly extend its mine life in the past 27 years “in what is still a very prospective, high-quality goldfield.”
    “We've long believed that Waihi represents a strong strategic fit within OceanaGold. We're excited about the prospect of acquiring it and welcoming its experienced workforce to our team,” he said.
    Wilkes said there would be several synergies from the acquisition, including underground mine management, expertise and experience, equipment and procurement from suppliers.
    The purchase is subject to gaining regulatory approvals and will be paid for from a mix of cash reserves and drawing down of existing debt facilities - the acquisition to contribute to OceanaGold's balance sheet from July 1.
    The Frasers underground mine in East Otago recently got a mine life reprieve, being extended out to 2016 and the open pit operations may also yet be extended beyond 2017, but a cloud still hangs over Reefton operations.
    When asked, Wilkes said the Waihi acquisition would not offset the planned mothballing of the Reefton open pit operations, at the end of 2015.
    Each mine in OceanaGold's expanding portfolio had to justify its production costs, Wilkes noting he “didn't expect any significant long term recovery,'' in the price of gold, which has undermined Reefton's viability for the past two years.
    All operations at Waihi were expected to continue as “business as usual,” with its gold continuing to be smelted into rough “dore” bars, for export and minting.
    Wilkes said a review of operations would take place after the June, with expectations the workforce would be unchanged and capital expenditure, such as that on developing the underground Correnso mine, would be financially backed by OceanaGold.
    Exploration spending above and below ground would continue at Waihi, at around $5 M per annum, which would include gold veins near the old, at present closed, Martha pit.
    Wilkes had set a “cut off” selling price of about $US1,250/oz for New Zealand operations in March, and said yesterday that this rule of thumb was unchanged. However, he believed Waihi's overall cost of production could reduce overall NZ operation costs in the future.
    Newmont operating subsidiary Newmont Waihi Gold has a staff of 340 from operations that were acquired early in 2002 when the American gold giant acquired Australia’s then biggest gold miner Normandy Mining Ltd, beating South Africa’s AngloGold Ashanti to the punch.
    Soon after that acquisition, Newmont courted at least two Canadian junior gold miners interested in buying the Waihi operation, considered by some Newmont executives then as too small to retain.
    However, Newmont had a change of mind and retained the operations and invested strongly in maintaining the community relations that Normandy had fostered in Waihi.
    The flagship remained the Martha open cut mine which had been developed in 1988 over the historic Martha underground workings which had closed in the early 1950s. Newmont Waihi Gold went on to develop the Favona and Trio underground mines and, with these now closed, is developing the Correnso underground mine from near the Martha pit, which suffered a wall slip recently and has been temporarily closed.
    Waihi has been producing up to 100,000 oz of gold and about three times more silver through in 2014 output was reportedly about 131,500 oz gold and 482,000 oz silver.
    The acquisition may queer the pitch for struggling junior explorer Antipodes Gold Ltd (TSX-V & NZAX: AXG) which has two joint ventures with Newmont in the Waihi district and is planning to undergo a restructuring linked to Aorere Resources Ltd (NZX: AOR).
    The plan is for Antipodes to undertake a reverse takeover of AOR associated company Chatham Rock Phosphate Ltd (NZAX: CRP) and an attraction for that company is that the Antipodes link (nominally to change its name to Antipodes Phosphate) would provide a Toronto venture exchange listing.
    Antipodes plans to sell its Waihi assets – 30% of Waihi West near the Correnso development and the WPK joint venture prospect further away where a large epithermal system has been outlined by Newmont to Aorere.
    Antipodes still owes for some of the recent exploration commitments to Newmont which would have a first right of refusal should Antipodes change its colours. That then brings OceanaGold into the corporate chess game.
    - additional reporting by Ross Louthean
    *Simon Hartley is senior business reporter and assistant chief reporter for the Otago Daily Times.
    Mind you, the official Newmont story is that the net smelter royalty applies to a recent discovery north of the current Waihi operations. The amount of gold (300,000oz) also lines up with the 43-101 report on WKP for about the same, defined within the few closely spaced drills. It would defray some of Newmont's costs there. Note: OGC say the permit is in fact Waihi North, wholly Newmont owned at the moment, probably exploration drilled into, from the Martha pit. No detail.

http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?..._symbol=NEM:US

Maybe OGC is having a think about WKP longer term.

http://www.oceanagold.com/assets/doc...tion-FINAL.pdf

AXG's MD&A for end of 2014. https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/212120.pdf

See the financial report and the auditor's statements: I don't think they are impressed with the hoops AOR and CRP would need to go though to make the deal work. Maybe AXG is destined to be in the CRaPor.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/212121.pdf
    Last edited by elZorro; 07-05-2015 at 05:42 AM.