Still no news out, but in the background the Glass Earth website has been updated in one or two places, including the permit list, which now has its own page. Kakanui is on the granted list, and it's shown in km2, it's huge. 32 + 1 permits in all, another 16 applications.

Of great interest to me is the update on the placer page, which now has three short videos of GRU#1 in operation at Drybread.

http://www.glassearthgold.com/s/Proj...eportID=450554

Note that the amount of material going into the biggest GRU is anywhere between 50m3 and 100m3 per hour. That upper figure is twice what I'd been using in my calculations. I had no idea the gold was pumped up into a header tank, before being extracted in jigs. These don't seem to be anything like a riffle box. Some sort of dual plunger seems to bring the gold out of suspension, and then the concentrate flows into a series of Knudsen Bowls.

The web tells me that these are a type of centrifugal extractor that was more common in the 1960s, but is still used by placer miners (amongst other offerings) to recover fine gold. Drybread is known to have fine gold flakes. They'll have to stop the gear every so often to extract the gold, and maybe the final process is on a vibration table.

GRU#1 seemed to be running fine, from all the work nearby there was a pond forming, but they'll need this to conserve water and stop any runoff.