sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guru

Thumbs up Ports Of Auckland

If that come to fruition it will be a biggee, the best for several years, comeon Phil give it a go !

Veteran novice

I think it was Kerry Packer who said "You only get one Alan Bond in a lifetime". The prospect of two bites at the POA cherry would be tempting for us former shareholders!

Dilettante

I hope Goff goes ahead with this. Float the operational company but keep the land. Then pour proceeds into the much needed infrastructure. Time for bold moves.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I think it was Kerry Packer who said "You only get one Alan Bond in a lifetime". The prospect of two bites at the POA cherry would be tempting for us former shareholders!

I am holding myself at the ready.!

Anyone got some more details about this float?

Phill Goff? Lol I don't know. Look the ports have plenty of underfunded but worthy infrastructure projects that could capture lots of election spending. But at the same time if they want to run more cruise ships through the Waitamata they are probably gonna to have to look at dredging that muddy harbour which is endless RMA questions and the nimbys at Devonport do not want to see anything that may wreck their under a million dollar views. (Yes I'm picking the height of housing market bubble is now people.) Another question will be a 3rd harbour crossing... the harbour bridge has always been held on with chewing gum but we all know about the dramas that are roads around Auckland.

Yet... POT has had a very good run. But Auckland's harbours are one of the most crowded in terms of recreational shipping in the world. Show us the details me thinks.

I would absolutely invest in POAL given a strong leadership and the numbers looking good!

The sooner the port is out of the bureaucrats hands the better...

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if those of us who lost our shares in POA had first dibs in any IPO......just dreamin.....