sharetrader

Hybrid View

Legend

Thank you for the kind words Troy, 30 or so posts on the trot with no reply can be a bit tough, but this is a rather secretive share, there isn't much detail out there for people to post about.
    Hi Toasty, welcome to the thread, keep going with your posts..

I am not an insider, and I don't buy shares on the TSX at the moment, so what happens over there is more of an interest in how it links to NZ's shares. I'm showing a chart of the last month on the TSX, generally it has been a small trend down after the Muirs news release, and as Toasty said, looks like some on the TSX knew about an impending news release, on the 25th August. The volume overnight was relatively low considering the price was good, the news was also.

In 2009 and 2010 Glass Earth put out press releases at the start or middle of the AUSIMM conference, and they had advised a reporter or two they were going to do so again, so it was a good bet. Since it is nearly two months since the end of the 2nd quarter, GEL must also produce a Q2 report within a few days, and this will include an MD&A report which might give us some more info.

I have to repeat here, that under public listing rules, delayed posting of company reports to the website, delayed release of news (that might reasonably affect the share) to the market is an illegal act. I am digging away and finding quite a bit of positive news, which is not on the website, in company reports or press releases. Things like a simple list of permits (held and applied for). These were supplied to investors a few years back, but not now.

I think the good news from yesterday is that technical mapping has isolated a new area called WKP South, and the very first drill into it found plenty of gold. In fact all of the few drills on WKP West and South have struck mineable quantities of gold and silver. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about WKP in the future.

Excerpt from the news release:
    NEW TARGET ZONE - "WKP SOUTH"
    DDH WKP 29, drilled westward (previous holes were drilled eastward into the WKP West resistor) targeted a potentially new mineralised zone to the south-west, represented by a strong resistor, intersecting an exciting zone of high grade gold-silver mineralisation. (See Section attached)
    Hole No From To Interval metres Gold g/t Silver g/t
    WKP 29 216 219.2 3.2 @ 37.0 17.0
    including 217.1 218 0.9 @ 89.2 39.2
    279.8 293 14.8 @ 4.82 2.7

The strong resistor extends both north and south of the current drill hole, with another drill hole WKP 30, (results pending) drilled beneath WKP 29, angling at depth and traversing the resistor for a length of 720m. Aeromagnetic and CSAMT resistivity geophysical surveys indicate this new zone has a strike potential of at least a kilometre.
    "WKP WEST"
    DDH WKP 27 (previously announced - see below - which had several notable intercepts) and WKP28, confirmed significant low grade gold mineralisation, highlighted by narrow intervals of high grade, and is consistent with strong ground-based resistivity (geophysical) surveying. This demonstrates the zone has potential for over 800 m strike and a vertical extent of over 250 m. To date, the five long, angled, diamond holes drilled have all intersected significant gold-silver mineralisation over broad widths confirming a potentially very large epithermal gold system.
    Hole No From To Interval m Gold g/t Silver g/t
    WKP 28 174 223 49 @ 1.08 3.3
    including 174 175 1 @ 7.69 34.0
    177 178 1 @ 4.32 5.2
    187 188 1 5.31 35.5
    214 218 4 @ 5.15 9.2
    214 215 1 @ 11 19.2

A priority is to test further very strong resistor signatures, 500m to the north, and infilling to provide information on the continuity and grade of high grade structures. (See map attached)
    Simon Henderson, President and CEO, commented that, "WKP West represents a substantial zone of very encouraging gold-silver mineralisation, with all five holes drilled into this target, showing compelling continuity of gold mineralisation. The new discovery, 200 m to the southwest at WKP South, presents another exciting dimension on this developing project. A substantial infill/expansion drill program is warranted when budgets and resource consents for further work are approved".
    Last edited by elZorro; 27-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.