Glass Earth's WKP Joint Venture With Newmont Commences Drilling
8:30 AM ET, March 26, 2010

WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND, Mar 26, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Glass Earth Gold Limited (GEL)(NZAX: GEL) ("Glass Earth") today announced that Newmont has commenced drilling at the WKP prospect in the Hauraki Goldfield.

'WKP' GOLD PROSPECT

Glass Earth's joint venture partner, Newmont, continues with its active drilling programme on Glass Earth's Hauraki prospects and has now commenced diamond drilling at the highly prospective Wharekirauponga ('WKP') gold prospect.

The WKP area is a 2km mineralised alteration zone, just 10km from Newmont's Martha gold mine at Waihi (see map below) and 5 km north east of the Golden Cross deposit (634,000 oz gold production in the 1990's). The WKP epithermal system has magnetic/alteration characteristics similar to the Martha mine and has open-along-strike potential for several kilometres southward, being at least 900m long, 150m wide, and unconstrained to over 300m depth.

Exploration in the late 1980's and early 1990's identified a very extensive altered and gold mineralized system with multiple intersections including:

150m @ 0.93 g/t Au, including 17.7m at 4.0 g/t Au; 17.1m @ 3.87 g/t Au; 32m @1.45 g/t Au; 2m @ 7.7g/t Au; 3.1m @ 9.7g/t Au; 1m @48 g/t Au.

Initial drilling by Newmont is to target a zone of strong silicification and veining between 180-380m, with further drilling also targeting a second parallel 500m+ vein system not previously drill tested.

Qualified Persons

Glass Earth's exploration programmes are carried out under the supervision of Glass Earth's President and CEO, Simon Henderson, M.Sc, M.AUSIMM, F.SEG. Mr. Henderson meets the qualified person requirements (as defined by National Instrument 43-101) with more than 30 years of experience in the gold mining and exploration industry.

About Glass Earth Gold Limited

Glass Earth is one of the largest New Zealand-based gold exploration companies exploring a land position of over 12,000 km2 in the North and South Islands. With its main office in Wellington, New Zealand, Glass Earth Gold Limited is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX VENTURE: GEL) and the New Zealand Alternative Stock Exchange (NZAX: GEL).

To receive Company news via email, contact jeanny@chfir.com and mention "Glass Earth news" in the subject line.

To view the map associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/GELmap.pdf

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) nor New Zealand Exchange Limited has reviewed this release and neither accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contacts:Glass Earth Gold LimitedSimon HendersonPresident and Chief Executive Officer+64 4 903 4980info@glassearthlimited.com www.glassearthgold.com CHF Investor Relations Jeanny So Director of Operations+1 416 868 1079 x225 jeanny@chfir.com
SOURCE: Glass Earth Gold Limited

mailto:info@glassearthlimited.com
I guess the references to WKP in GEL reports were strong hints as to continuing interest. None more surprised than me, that the press release followed my post yesterday..