sharetrader
Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    Cheers Elzorro!
    A mate goes fishing up there frequently and has snagged a few deer while pulling them in. Highly recommended place, but all the upland lakes along there are brilliant at that time. The place GEL gave me, after a fair bit of negotiating is in a riverbed, so the overburden of up to a max of 1m is easy work really...just waiting to get the ball rolling....
    Hi Aotea, I'm not into deerhunting but would be happy just to see one in the wild..I'm doing my homework on the trout though..
    All the best for your gold operation, let us know how it goes. Sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. If all the old-timers were able to get so much gold out of Otago with sheer hard work, surely new equipment that we have now will make it easier and more profitable. And the timing, with gold going over US$1,000 is very good.

Glass Earth shareholders should be getting some feedback on the assays, drilling and placer progress soon, and there are so many possibilities for success from all the prospects, that the expected return (if my stats are up to scratch) should be high. Just how high, will determine what the share price gets to.

Smile

see they have finally put a mining permit in
    that fishing sounds good coming over this jan might go for a drive up there
    cheers

App No. Date Received Duration Area Permit Type Location Map Link
    52018 03-Sep-2009 5 Yrs 59.56 Hectares Mining Permit Otago

Client Operator Shares Minerals
    Glass Earth (New Zealand) Limited Yes 90.0% Gold
    New Zealand Minerals Limited 10.0%

http://www.crownminerals.govt.nz/cms...ate/CMINPSMINL

Legend

Default GEL wants to start mining..

Quote Originally Posted by kenbeth View Post
    see they have finally put a mining permit in
    that fishing sounds good coming over this jan might go for a drive up there
    cheers

App No. Date Received Duration Area Permit Type Location Map Link
    52018 03-Sep-2009 5 Yrs 59.56 Hectares Mining Permit Otago

Client Operator Shares Minerals
    Glass Earth (New Zealand) Limited Yes 90.0% Gold
    New Zealand Minerals Limited 10.0%

http://www.crownminerals.govt.nz/cms...ate/CMINPSMINL

Great!! well spotted Kenbeth, I need to look harder at the CM site. This is terrific news, the mining application is for gold only, looks like it straddles a river just North of German Hill diggings.

http://data.crownminerals.govt.nz/Pe...lication=52018

I guess there will be some hurdles around granting, but this might only take a month or two if we're lucky. GEL has also gone for some other prospects in the near area, all known alluvial sites.

Cheers!

Legend

The first quarter financials only covered up to the end of March 2009, and seem to be a late release. But this was included in the MD&A:

Otago Region Placer (Alluvial) Targets

Significant effort is being put in to delineating placer resources to allow feasibility studies to be completed with a view to mining commencing in early Q3.

An infill RC-drill programme of 13 drill-holes has been carried out to further delineate an indicated alluvial-gold resource. Hole-spacing varied between 25-50m with an average holedepth of 5m. A total of 66m were drilled during this infill programme. The five highest recently drilled 1m intervals range from 16.7 to 33.5 grains/m3 Au (gold). A ground magnetic test survey was carried out successfully across this alluvial prospect as well as a gradient array resistivity survey with different electrode spacing. It appears that the detailed measurements (2m electrode-spacing) can distinguish layers dominated by sand and gravel from those dominated by clay and silt in the upper ~10m depths.

Such measurements have the potential for filling in gaps of data between shallow exploration holes. The preparation of the mining permit application and associated resource consent application was commenced.

Separately, a drill-programme of 39 drill-holes across three lines was carried out subsequent to encouraging results from previous drill-holes (legacy data). Hole-spacing varied between 10-15m average hole-depth of 3m. The total amount of drilled meters was 128m. The five highest recently drilled 1m intervals range from 3.13 to 11.46 grains/m3 Au (gold)
    If the top section of scoping work relates to the mining permit, it implies they're looking no deeper than 10 metres, and the gold levels found so far are around the 1-2 grams per cubic metre (0.07oz/m3), or up to NZ$7500 worth per hour through a dredge. And I think clay and silt is good for holding onto gold, but Aotea would be far better placed to answer on this one.

Hi Aotea what size dredge are you running ?,mate and I are going for a suck with his 4inch up my way when things warm up and get the time,be lucky to pay for our gas though as bloody useless up here for lumpy bits,not like you lucky buggers.

Cheers
    Miner

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Hi Aotea what size dredge are you running ?,mate and I are going for a suck with his 4inch up my way when things warm up and get the time,be lucky to pay for our gas though as bloody useless up here for lumpy bits,not like you lucky buggers.

Cheers
    Miner
    Hi Miner, welcome back, did you get yourself some GEL shares?
    Re above, I had to read this twice.. not quite up to MacDunk's humour..

Crown Minerals has just accepted a 4 yr time extension for Ophir Gold Ltd, this is EP 40427, 641Ha just below Ophir. It's an area covering several streams, they've had it for 10 years and it was about to expire I think. It includes the Wa-iti prospect mentioned in the GEL press release, so this is part of the joint venture/farm-in proposal.

http://data.crownminerals.govt.nz/Pe...x?permit=40427

http://www.glassearthlimited.com/pdf...PR_13Aug09.pdf

Looks like the GEL office has been doing plenty of paperwork, good progress. Peter Liddle has replied that there is no significant news for a press release just now (and in any case will not pre-warn if any is turning up).

"Re above, I had to read this twice.. not quite up to MacDunk's humour.."???

Dredge talk elzorro,Aotea will know what I'm saying,we only get colour up here,BIG bit is the size of a coloured pin head.

Dont hold GEL and been to busy to look at them,but do see what you guys are posting,if they dredge up some nice bits and have a photo post it,best of luck.

Cheers
    miner

Legend

Hi Miner, yep, I figured there were some new (for me) fossicking terms in there!

Just spotted another mining application from Glass Earth: 10th September, Gun Club project, appl no. 52021, 146 Ha. In between Moa Creek and Manorside areas, across some roads, so good access.

http://data.crownminerals.govt.nz/Pe...lication=52021

The earlier one is called the Ida Valley Project, not far away.
    Miner, maybe you should pick up some GEL shares now on the cheap, even to help fill up your car for the next expedition..
    Last edited by elZorro; 18-09-2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Correct area

Legend

I've had time to have a look at the map. The new "Gun Club" mining permit application covers about half of existing EP51477, alongside the township of Moa Creek. It's just north and adjacent to the Star Trek prospect, (which is twice as big). Adjacent and to the southeast of the Gun Club area (which probably sports a gun club) are two small existing mining permits. One is owned by K&S Falconer, who also run this tourist spot below, where you can stay in one of the original mining cottages.

http://www.centralotagorailtrail.co....eek/index.html

The area is already impacted by mining. Looks like there is some water available in places.

The Poolburn reservoir is about 20km south from here. Poolburn itself is in the opposite direction, and the Ida Valley MPA is about 15-20 km Northeast of the Gun Club MPA.
    Last edited by elZorro; 16-09-2009 at 09:32 PM.