sharetrader
Page 14 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Legend

Kenbeth, you're a legend! If this doesn't get Aotea and Miner excited, I don't know what will..they'll be loading up their vehicles for the weekend..

I think the Gun Club area is downhill from the spot Ben Falconer's team is working, correct me if I'm wrong (left the maps at home). I should buy a topo map of the area. Since this article was written, the POG has moved up, about US$1017 today.

I have an idea for Glass Earth, what about an open day in a couple of months, where shareholders get to see the business first hand, and a local fishing guide completes the picture. Awesome..

Smile

is an interesting area go into reports on Crown Minerals and search german hill etc give you an idea whats up , yes the price of gold today makes these prospect very interesting

cheers

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kenbeth View Post
    is an interesting area go into reports on Crown Minerals and search german hill etc give you an idea whats up , yes the price of gold today makes these prospect very interesting

cheers
    Hi Kenbeth, had no luck tracking down info on German Hill within the Crown Mineral site, maybe you could direct further? Thanks in advance.

GEL on the TSX traded up to CDN 6c overnight but very low volume shown. I guess the volume would need to pick up before the GEL converts get swamped by bigger investors. Some of the original investors paid considerably more than 6c of course, so from that point of view they are still a bargain. As 85% of the GEL shares are on the TSX at the moment, the SP here has to broadly follow what's happening in Canada, but over the 2-3 years I've watched it, a lull is often followed by a storm of trades.

Aotea is dead right: GEL will have to hand back big percentages of its huge Otago permit 39322 in the next year or two. But each time it's only a percentage of what's left that goes back to the Crown, so at the end point they can hold about 11%, still a big area. And as we've seen, EPs can be changed to MPs (hopefully), during that process.

Crown Minerals have a big document to provide policy on permits, and the section on Mining Permits says:

2.10 Mining Permits The (overall) policies are as follows:

(a) ordinarily to grant a mining pemit if the Minister is satisfied that-
    (i) the permit applicant has identifed and delineated a mineable mineral resource or exploitable mineral deposit:
    (ii) the area of the permit is appropriate:
    (iii) the objective of the mining permit is to economically deplete the mineable mineral resource or mineral deposit to the maximum extent practicable in accordance with good mining practice:

Other clauses relate to extensions etc, but it looks like GEL's first MPAs into known alluvial areas are a good bet.

Talking

"Kenbeth, you're a legend! If this doesn't get Aotea and Miner excited, I don't know what will..they'll be loading up their vehicles for the weekend.."

Was just having a laugh with a mate today thinking about all the people running around with gold fever,and that most will find zip.

Cheers
    Miner

yep more money trading the paper than trying to find it

Talking

Like in the old days the guys selling the picks and shovels etc will be making the money(and the pub),talked to a detector seller in WA a few months back,everyone and his dog are buying them with dreams of the yellow stuff,most will just fry in the desert,summer coming makes me think of the old saying for WA "only mad dogs and poms" are out there in the summer,out there you CAN fry an egg on your bonnet.

Cheers
    miner

cant knock them trying been their myself, still dabble bit prospecting etc,

Yep go for it,takes a cirtain breed to get any though,where in ausy are you ?,I prospected murchison mainly(cue meeka nanine sandstone etc) when was over there years ago.

Cheers
    miner
    Last edited by miner; 17-09-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Smile

nw nsw doing bit opal mining after working in mines as grade control techy , mill oper,trucky etc moving back otago with wife in next two years after 23yrs over here
    to do bit fishing hunting dredging and take it easy etc

cheers

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kenbeth View Post
    nw nsw doing bit opal mining after working in mines as grade control techy , mill oper,trucky etc moving back otago with wife in next two years after 23yrs over here
    to do bit fishing hunting dredging and take it easy etc

cheers
    Hi Kenbeth, (thanks again) maybe you'll be putting in for a permit down the track too, like Aotea. I see what you guys are saying, it's not hard to find traces of gold, but commercial amounts are a bit tougher. Easier in the current climate of course. When you see 2 grams per tonne being average ore worth mining, it makes you think a bit. Hopefully Glass Earth will use some of the same ground-based medium-tech equipment that they use for greenfields work to map out their MPs, to help concentrate on the best ore for selection (when they get the chance). I think that's what is getting Simon Henderson keen, as it could be a big improvement on current alluvial methods.

It's quite possible that most of us with GEL shares are at least interested in the idea of gold prospecting (we have various amounts of gold fever!). Armed with my topo map, I can now see that MPA 52021 (Gun Club) is in between Webster Lane, Moa Creek Road and Nevill Lane. It follows the true left bank of Pool Burn. There appear to be small ponds and canals within the area of the MPA. The adjacent Star Trek prospect follows Kirk Creek up into the hills.

The Ida Valley MPA (10km northeast) is opposite the end of McAdie Road, the only access is from a vehicle track. It reaches up towards the sites of German Hill Diggings, it's on fairly flat ground about 30 metres lower than the historic diggings, which are on a contour at 500 metres. The Diggings are not off German Hill Road, that road is perversely shown 5km south.. The MPA includes a pond, and a stream is shown. The other thing that I like, is on the whole of my topo map, just about all of the mining crosses drawn in are at German Hill Diggings (6 sites).

The TSX traded higher again on better levels, now CAN6.5c.