sharetrader
Page 19 of 116 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    When do the cicadas fly?
    Quinquireme of Northland will be in distant Ophir to pick up Sandalwood, Ivory and sweet white wine in late March.
    Mx

I'll be down there over late Dec early Jan.
    While I was there last year in Feb someone (apparently) caught a 20lb salmon in one of the rivers not too distant from Alex ...
    The secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

Legend

Default Deep: just as well we can google..

Quote Originally Posted by manxman View Post
    Quinquireme of Northland will be in distant Ophir to pick up Sandalwood, Ivory and sweet white wine in late March.
    quinquereme (plural quinqueremes)
    (history, nautical) An ancient Carthaginian or Greek galley having five banks of oars.
    1902, John Masefield, “Cargoes” (poem):
    Quinquereme of Nineveh from distant Ophir / Rowing home to haven in sunny Palestine / With a cargo of ivory, / And apes and peacocks, / Sandalwood, cedarwood, and sweet white wine.
    [edit] Synonyms
    (galley): pentere
    pentereme

They didn't mention fish (trout/salmon) - guess they'd have enough of those on the voyage.

Manxman, do you have anything to do with the medieval jousters who turn up at Taupo for a tournament once a year? your post just reminded me of that.

Legend

No coverage by GEL for today's expiring permit EP40702 has been posted on the CM site yet. It is a large area (84km2), and so no doubt only some parts are interesting. When GEL profiled the farmin on Ophir's area, they in fact mentioned their EP40870 (Ophir), which wraps around the sides of Ophir's position (40427). This includes many of the headwaters of the streams in the region. This one is OK until 2013.

Manorburn's map image shows the Ophir region above, and if you look across to the right you'll see the Star Trek and other Placer/alluvial sites GEL is also holding onto.

http://data.crownminerals.govt.nz/Pe...x?permit=40702

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dartMonkey View Post
    I'll be down there over late Dec early Jan.
    While I was there last year in Feb someone (apparently) caught a 20lb salmon in one of the rivers not too distant from Alex ...
    That's a big fish, I've heard salmon are hard to find in most rivers of the SI. I can't be in Otago during Christmas hols, maybe later.

Re: GEL: Manorburn result not posted on CM site, but suspect tomorrow it will show expired. This does draw our attention to the sites that GEL does keep going, for example, Muirs Reef. It seems likely that the Manorburn EP had no such large signature, no hope for another Macraes there.

Aotea and Miner might be able to tell us what happens to the geological and drill data that GEL has collated for Manorburn: does all this get handed across to CM, and who owns the IP? Can anyone now access that data?

If so, that would be a bit one-sided, and definitely a risk factor for explorers.

Gidday EZ,

Will get onto when the cicadas hatch and will try and lure you down for some fun...

As for the data, I understand, but not 100% sure that the data becomes the property of CM. A third party cannot take advantage of it while the EP/PP or MP's are still current though so its not a concern.

Once again, I would stress that the biggest hurdle for these guys in Central Otago is the availability of water. There is none, with the exception of the Clutha, Shotover, lakes Dunstan, wakatipu, wanaka and hawea...

Legend

Default Sounds good..

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    Gidday EZ,

Will get onto when the cicadas hatch and will try and lure you down for some fun...

As for the data, I understand, but not 100% sure that the data becomes the property of CM. A third party cannot take advantage of it while the EP/PP or MP's are still current though so its not a concern.

Once again, I would stress that the biggest hurdle for these guys in Central Otago is the availability of water. There is none, with the exception of the Clutha, Shotover, lakes Dunstan, wakatipu, wanaka and hawea...
    Yes, Aotea, a guide to the fishing in Otago would be much appreciated We'll have to sort something out.

For once, my optimism has been well-founded (OK I was beginning to waver), as GEL has asked to extend its Manorburn EP for another 5 years and this was received 12th Oct, and posted in the last hour or so.

http://data.crownminerals.govt.nz/Pe...x?permit=40702

It seems to have the same area as before. So it's a big one.

I spent a bit of time learning on the CM site, old data is posted up for all to see, reports and everything. And it costs per Ha, per year to hold a permit. A year or two ago GEL was spending about $400k p.a. for all their areas.
    Last edited by elZorro; 16-10-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Get my facts right..

yep, $11 per hectare per annum if i recall..

anytime, you want the hot fishing spots, Im happy to help out. Cant say Ive done much cicada fishing in the tussock lakes, but a mate is a legend and will be forthcoming with all the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    anytime, you want the hot fishing spots, Im happy to help out.
    Hey Aotea,
    Can you extend that invitation?
    I could reciprocate if you ever travel to the Far North - Kahawai, Snapper, Gurnard, Kingies ...
    The secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dartMonkey View Post
    Hey Aotea,
    Can you extend that invitation?
    I could reciprocate if you ever travel to the Far North - Kahawai, Snapper, Gurnard, Kingies ...
    I still think GEL should set us up too, we deserve a field trip around the diggings, and an embroidered Glass Earth cap. I reckon mine would be a real expensive one..

It's about time we had another look at the GEL valuation. I've researched this extensively by looking at the market caps for various other NZ-based companies in the gold sector..

HGD $7.2M
    GEL $12.4M
    OGC $288M (5.3Moz of M&I gold worth about $7,950M)

Now I'd like to hear from anyone who thinks HGD is in a better position than GEL, so that comparison is OK. But could GEL be further up the scale towards OGC? I'll work on my spreadsheet in the next day or two, and see what pops out. All very tricky when we don't have regular press releases...

But at least we do know that despite it costing them a fair bit to hold onto permits, GEL are not letting good ones go until they absolutely have to.
    Last edited by elZorro; 16-10-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo