sharetrader
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

HGD should have a permit shortly......hmmm

Might be a good idea to keep an eye on the Crown Minerals site to ascertain when the actual mining permit is applied for.

Note there are several types of permit applications.

The following link will get those interested to the search page if you want to check it out further.

http://www.crownminerals.govt.nz/cms...ate/CMINPSMINL

Cheers
    BP

Legend

Glass Earth should be an interesting watch this year. They appear to be an earnest bunch of geologists, and although they have trimmed back on staff, are still working on using their own resources to get more cashflow (hence placer mining). The big picture is still to find another major resource(s) for farm-in operations, as I understand it. The exciting thing about this business is that nobody has ever made the effort to carry out a large-scale survey over NZ with the latest gear before. Which makes their gathered data worth working on. And the odds of them finding something big? fairly good I'd say.

These guys basically put a Exploration Permit on anything that wasn't nailed down and killed big areas for the little guy and his dredge,lots of there ground isn't commercially viable for a big operation but is for a few guys small scale,pissed off allot of people in the south island as they will never work the stuff the little guys wants to.

Same with some of there north island ground where the nature of the field is small patchy rich pockets,having a permit on half the bloody country doesn't automatically mean they will find something viable to mine.

Cheers
    Miner

Legend

Question What's that about..

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    These guys basically put a Exploration Permit on anything that wasn't nailed down and killed big areas for the little guy and his dredge,lots of there ground isn't commercially viable for a big operation but is for a few guys small scale,pissed off allot of people in the south island as they will never work the stuff the little guys wants to.

Same with some of there north island ground where the nature of the field is small patchy rich pockets,having a permit on half the bloody country doesn't automatically mean they will find something viable to mine.

Cheers
    Miner
    Well Miner, I would hope that after taking several million $ in an IPO, that GEL would do exactly what they said they'd do with it. Without large exploration permits, there'd have been no point in bringing over the scanning equipment for a look around. They are looking for large scale mining opportunities, and already linking up with Newmont in Waihi, to provide some of the muscle.

But in a way, they are going to try some of the smaller scale prospecting you're keen on, down south. Looks like starting with a movable crusher/screen and the hiring of some locals, to get some cash for further operations (see website).

With all the data that they have available, their first bit of sluicing should be interesting.

- elZorro -

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    These guys basically put an Exploration Permit on anything that wasn't nailed down and killed big areas for the little guy and his dredge,lots of their ground isn't commercially viable for a big operation but is for a few guys small scale,pissed off a lot of people in the south island as they will never work the stuff the little guys want to.
    I just found a June ODT link to an article about this, and the picture is not so bad, Miner.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/6...ed-large-areas

Still no press release from GEL, but perhaps overnight or tomorrow night we'll see one, on past form.

What do the Canadian investors think of GEL? I found a thread on Stockhouse (TSX) last week, haven't had a decent look at it yet. There are pros and cons about the share of course, but also some details there about the big investors.

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards...3&l=0&pd=2&r=0

the problem is with crown minerals which has a flawed system which stifles the exploration of the nz resources, turning ground over is the go allowing different thinking, exploration methods etc ..
    not tying it up with one operator in a prospecting permit which are to large to properly to explore (Real Estating) is not the go,

be very careful there is better opp. in the market than ge
    unless you are just purely gambling ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kenbeth View Post
    the problem is with crown minerals which has a flawed system which stifles the exploration of the nz resources, turning ground over is the go allowing different thinking, exploration methods etc ..
    not tying it up with one operator in a prospecting permit which are to large to properly to explore (Real Estating) is not the go,

be very careful there is better opp. in the market than ge
    unless you are just purely gambling ?
    No Kenbeth, I have invested in GEL since the IPO, and I really like the technology they are using. I don't think anyone has ever run the geoinformatics system through NZ before GEL. I'm sure Crown Minerals and many research scientists here, are very pleased that they have. That's why some of their previously held research data was released to GEL, so that once GEL had added to it with their data, it could help the general resource.

The point is, what is that data worth, just a few million, or a lot more?

Smile

yes i agree with you with the technology,but crown minerals should have done it themselves as for example the NSW Government’s New Frontiers $16.5 million exploration initiative. and similar programs in South Australia as well,

problem is the system not the companies
    cannot blame them if they can tie the ground up..good commercial practice..

elZorro for you and other share holders I hope they find heaps of the yellow stuff,in the mean time though they have tied up countless creeks and rivers that the small guy could work,that they never will as only talking ounces.

As far as I know they wont let the little guy on,years ago when was detecting in oz SBM used to let us on there ground to detect as they were not after what we were and in time would open cut,this also helped keep the small towns out in WA going as people like me needed supply's etc.

Depends which side of the coin you look at it from.

Cheers
    Miner