sharetrader
Page 35 of 116 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Legend

Spotted on the Crown Minerals site: GEL has today been granted the discovery appraisal extension on EP40667 for Muirs. It will last until 3rd October 2013. This is for 595Ha, encompassing the main Muirs site, which is already covered. I'm still in the dark about what a discovery appraisal means, but I think it's a step up as far as findings go, from a standard EP.

GEL
    17/05/2010
    GENERAL

REL: 0830 HRS Glass Earth Gold Limited

GENERAL: GEL: CLOSING OF FIRST TRANCHE OF C$3M PRIVATE PLACEMENT

Wellington, New Zealand, May 14, 2010.

GLASS EARTH GOLD ANNOUNCES CLOSING OF FIRST TRANCHE OF C$3M
    PRIVATE PLACEMENT

- FOR DRILLING ON FOUR TARGETS

Glass Earth Limited (TSX-V: GEL; NZAX: GEL) ("Glass Earth") is pleased to
    announce the completion of the first tranche of a non-brokered private
    placement previously announced on April 29, 2010.

In the first tranche a total of 8,667,500 units (the "Units") at a price of
    C$0.20 per Unit were issued, for gross proceeds of C$1,733,500. Each Unit
    consists of one common share priced at C$0.20 and one share purchase warrant;
    each warrant entitling the holder to purchase one additional common share at
    a price of C$0.35 expiring two years from the closing date.

All the securities are subject to a 4 month hold period and may not be traded
    until September 5, 2010.

A further announcement will be made when the second
    tranche of the private
    placement is completed.

The proceeds from the financing will be used to complement cash generated
    from the Company's placer mining operations and to drill the following
    targets:

North Island, New Zealand (Epithermal gold targets)

Muirs Reef (GEG 100%)
    A 27 hole drill program is planned to confirm the historical resource and to
    test new east and west vein systems defined by ultra detailed 3D resistivity
    and geochemistry. This advanced gold project lies 65km SE of Newmont's Martha
    Gold Mine (Waihi).

Central Otago, South Island, New Zealand (Mesothermal Gold targets)

Serpentine (GEG 90%)
    A 12 hole program is planned to test a 12 km long shear zone, in a 1.5 km
    zone with gold in soils up to 1500ppb Gold, and rock chips ranging from 2 -
    30 g/t gold.

Game Hen / Hindon (GEG 90%)
    A 12 hole program is scheduled to test a 12 m wide quartz shear, and
    co-incident carbonaceous shear, with individual rock chips in the 7-40 g/t
    gold range.

Ophir (GEG earning 50%)
    Drill
    ing is planned on the Wai-iti vein systems and extensive high grade soil
    geochemistry on a 600m long shear zone.

Central Otago, South Island, New Zealand (Placer Gold targets)

Expansion of its Ida Valley placer mining operations and the development of
    new placer operations in the Manuherikea Valley is scheduled in concert with
    GEG's placer partner Dunstan Mining, and PGIC, a Swiss based gold exploration
    and development company.

WKP (Newmont 65/35 JV) Drilling in progress:

Glass Earth also announced that drilling on the first drill hole on this gold
    target has reached a depth of 200m; progress has been hampered by lack of
    water (drought conditions). (This target is managed and funded by GEG's JV
    partner Newmont).

Qualified Persons
    Glass Earth's exploration programmes are carried out under the supervision of
    Glass Earth's President and CEO, Simon Henderson, M.Sc, M.AUSIMM, F.SEG. Mr.
    Henderson meets the qualified person requirements (as defined by National
    Instrument 43-101) with m
    ore than 30 years of experience in the gold mining
    and exploration industry.

About Glass Earth Gold Limited
    Glass Earth is one of the largest New Zealand-based gold exploration
    companies exploring a land position of over 11,500 km2 in the North and South
    Islands. With its main office in Wellington, New Zealand, Glass Earth Gold
    Limited is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX.V: GEL) and the New
    Zealand Alternative Stock Exchange (NZAX: GEL).

For additional information on the company, please contact:
    - Simon Henderson, President and Chief Executive Officer, at +64 4 903 4980
    or info@glassearthlimited.com;
    - Jeanny So, Director of Operations, CHF Investor Relations, at +1 416 868
    1079 x225 or jeanny@chfir.com;
    - Visit the Company's website at www.glassearthgold.com.
    To receive Company news via email, contact jeanny@chfir.com and mention
    "Glass Earth
    news" in the subject line.
    End CA:00194930 For:GEL Type:GENERAL Time:2010-05-17:08:30:15

Legend

Hi Cannibal, looks like the overseas trip was a success, with some drilling funds freed up.

It's a dull day here in Hamilton. I have had another look for PGIC, who have remained anonymous on the web. (Remember they are the new placer partners).

I did find that Placer Gold Resources Ltd (NZ Company) are likely to be bought out by Superior Mining International Corp, see below.

http://www.superiormining.com/news/n...&content_id=50

Take two words out of each company and you have a new entity perhaps, but that is drawing a long bow.

Investors in SUI (Superior Mining on the TSX) are also wondering about "Abonus SA" and have managed to learn a bit more, see thread.

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards...6&l=0&pd=1&r=0

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    How to find gold with a metal detector near Poolburn, German Hill, Moa Creek, etc.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...c=278115.0;all
    Yeah that sounds like the go better get one for next summer too bloody cold now- have many places to go with me 4wd an Dirtbike -family owns large farm in poolburn
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yeah that sounds like the go better get one for next summer too bloody cold now- have many places to go with me 4wd an Dirtbike -family owns large farm in poolburn
    Best of luck with that JB, you are in a fortunate position. Gold trumps silver?
    Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by elZorro; 23-05-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Best of luck with that JB, you are in a fortunate position. Gold trumps silver?
    Let us know how it goes.
    Yes will do Have been looking on trademe for a good detector looks like I have to spend 2k+ still finding a couple Oz will soon pay off
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes will do Have been looking on trademe for a good detector looks like I have to spend 2k+ still finding a couple Oz will soon pay off

Hi JB,kiwi JW is a mate of mine he is down south at the mo,lucky bugger found some more nuggets in the last few weeks,we got a tiny bit dredging in coro the other month.

Get a minelab for a detector,worth a bit but they are great detectors,then you just have to learn how to use it :-),let me know how you go as always interested in gold prospecting and if you want may be able to connect you up with me mate to show you some detecting tricks.

Best of luck but remember if it was that easy everyone would be doing it,also allot of gold is found before you leave home,as in do you research and put yourself in the right spot to start with.

Cheers
    Miner

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Hi JB,kiwi JW is a mate of mine he is down south at the mo,lucky bugger found some more nuggets in the last few weeks,we got a tiny bit dredging in coro the other month.

Get a minelab for a detector,worth a bit but they are great detectors,then you just have to learn how to use it :-),let me know how you go as always interested in gold prospecting and if you want may be able to connect you up with me mate to show you some detecting tricks.

Best of luck but remember if it was that easy everyone would be doing it,also allot of gold is found before you leave home,as in do you research and put yourself in the right spot to start with.

Cheers
    Miner
    Yeah thanks miner I'll have many days over winter free I might have to get in touch with your mate when I get a detector---I also have a mate that use to work on a small gold operation here I want to checkout--

-With my Trail riding experience traveling many 100kms of central trails know of many old gold mining areas I can reach within an hour or so 60kms-70kms per hr depending on weight (Quick in --explore 4-5hrs --Quick out) .

Yep get into it as your in gold country and it's heaps of fun,anyone can detect but as with most things there a tricks of the trade,JW is a really nice guy that could show you a few things.

You've got a KTM 525 from memory ?,I just bought a DRZ400,was going to go KTM but then thought I'm not as young and fit as I used to be :-(.

Look at getting a wet suit snorkel and some crevassing gear also,was just talking to another gold guy from down your way who told me of a mate who got 17 ounces out of a crevice that everyone missed.

Cheers
    Miner

yeah the DRZ400 is a very solid bike that will last for along time (my mate done well over 300hrs on his) ,I've spent 3k+ on my 130hr old KTM- high performance high maintenance cost-
    I think of all the ways to small time discovery gold -Detecting sounds like me I'll leave the 10 deg water you keen diver dans --If your ever coming down to Qtn I'll be more than happy to take ya on some high country trails I know of we really live in the world mecca of trails here all within mins drive
    Last edited by JBmurc; 24-05-2010 at 10:34 AM.