sharetrader
Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Cheers EZ, dont worry I wont hold you responsible.......for my masses of future profit...one day. Bought in around same time as yankiwi, seemed like good timing. And now we wait.

I see their website says "a reconnaissance drillhole was completed on Glass Earth's SheepWash prospect, just 4 kms south of the Macraes gold mine ... Assay results are pending."
    I've been trying to get hold of a mate working at Macraes.
    Spoke to him a year or so ago and he said that if any mine was South of theirs they were on to a winner. Or was that North? I was pretty pst.
    I was going to say it'd be nice for the chart to look like OGC's in the last year or two - ie .22 to 1.78 ... well here's a comparison
    http://www.cybersurfer.co.nz/ogc-gel.JPG
    I thought that was interesting.
    Try it with HGD and you get a similar result.
    Significant rise in volume at the end of June/beginning of July which is always a good indicator but I also note a 60% rise/range since then too. Hope we didn't miss the boat.
    Disc. avg. holding sub .07
    The secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by delboy View Post
    Bought in around same time as yankiwi, seemed like good timing. And now we wait.
    Yep, good one, Doug's alter-ego.

Thanks DM, for the extra input on the Sheepwash prospect, it's all getting quite interesting. Does your graph show that (as the end points of the two shares are the same) GEL is performing like other similar explorers?

I read somewhere that Newmont are searching hard for more material to run through their plant at Waihi, so the JV there should continue to see action too.

Since there haven't been any press releases for awhile, the share volume changes we've seen might simply reflect GEL being well under the radar in the last year or so. It doesn't take much interest to have a big effect on that.

-elZorro-

I don't think we can read too much into the chart comparison except to say that OGC and HGD got beat up worse over the last year or two.
    I thought this was interesting though, given that GEL is only over the valley so to speak
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10587725

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dartMonkey View Post
    I don't think we can read too much into the chart comparison except to say that OGC and HGD got beat up worse over the last year or two.
    I thought this was interesting though, given that GEL is only over the valley so to speak
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10587725
    DM - Thanks for the heads up about OGC

Amazing the difference a year makes.

-elZorro-

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dartMonkey View Post
    I see their website says "a reconnaissance drillhole was completed on Glass Earth's SheepWash prospect, just 4 kms south of the Macraes gold mine ... Assay results are pending."
    I've been trying to get hold of a mate working at Macraes.
    Spoke to him a year or so ago and he said that if any mine was South of theirs they were on to a winner. Or was that North? I was pretty pst..
    It's a dull and miserable old day here, and I was hoping to be poring over a GEL press release this weekend. In the conspicuous absence of that data, dartMonkey has my earnest attention.

Please DM, wrack your brains and try and remember what was said. Maybe a couple of beers will help..

Cheers, elZorro

The beer's not helping my memory ...
    Although the Mrs is starting to look quite enticing ...
    Wouldn't listen to anything a monkey throwing darts at the Sunday paper has to say anyway ...

This might be of interest: -
    http://www.crownminerals.govt.nz/cms...-central-otago
    Family around there tell me that they have started work on it in the last few weeks or so.

Don't get me wrong though.
    I view this as an extremely high risk play.
    It was down on the tsx last night.
    They have zip assets really.
    Note miners comments as regards economical viability of extraction even if there is gold there.
    No money coming in.
    Sweet fa left in funds ...
    The list goes on. Set your stops.

Legend

Fair enough dartMonkey, I agree we need to be careful. Don't use up all your supplies on my account

One of the problems that St Andrews Gold (Canadian cornerstone shareholder for GEL) seemed to have a couple of years ago, was that a goldmine they owned was producing all right, but at a cost way above the returns. They mothballed it and started backing out of GEL to get some funds in. St Andrews was in turn part funded by a sizable investment vehicle in Canada. Some of those people are still big investors in GEL, as far as I am aware.

At the moment the TSX trading is very light (minuscule), so don't read too much into that. They're probably waiting for the press release too.

The testing at the McAdie prospect (among others) will hopefully demonstrate to interested shareholders like us, that the detection technology works, and that even with relatively inefficient extraction methods, a good return can be made by pre-selecting the areas to work.

If the 3 July article is correct, GEL has been fairly smart in looking to bring Bob Kilgour over. They don't need to buy or lease any gear for now, and if he's turned up (for just 50% of the gold recovered) then the prospects are quite good.

I did take the precaution of looking through the outside windows of their work facility in Rotorua a year or two ago, when I was over there on the weekend. It was well organised with drill samples on racks, nothing too flash on the equipment or vehicle side, and not too much being spent on the lease. It felt safe. Maybe they could organise an open day for shareholders, that would be a buzz.

-elZorro-

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    200K through @ .08 in the first 1/2 hour this morning.

It looks as though the tide may be turning for GEL. I'll be watching this one closely, but for now I'm quite happy to be on board this train.
    Hi Yankiwi, what is the software that generates the analysis on that graph? Assume it helps you pick whether the share is being bought or sold.

BTW, I did some in-depth research myself this morning: for each of the last few press releases that GEL has made, all came out on a Wednesday or a Thursday, apart from one on a Friday

Hola el Zorro
    this is what Yankiwi is using
    http://www.directbroking.co.nz/direc...uperchart.aspx