sharetrader
Page 40 of 116 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Legend

Glass Earth's holding a good price of CAD 46.5c (NZ 58c) at the moment, over 200k of shares sold, with plenty more (200k) wanting to buy near that.

Here's the link to the quote page for GEL. Without logging on, you can look at quite involved charts, look at the depth, etc.

Any company connected with gold will be doing better, after US$gold looks like breaking $1600 any day. Looks to me like the mining sector in general is very busy buying equipment, and gearing up. While GEL's gold output isn't that high, I think its function is to pay for administration costs, link the company's shares to the gold price a bit more, and ensure that all investment money is spent on exploration.

Having a 50% share of Dunstan Mining means GEL has a foot in the door to the lucrative area of mining hardware and services. Dunstan Mining doesn't hold any permits, it would seem, it's all about the mechanics of the mining business.

We're at the press release end of the week, if I'm an optimist..

If I had a few hours spare, it would be interesting to list all of the current permits and applications that GEL has filed. Here's an interesting PP (prospecting permit application).
    (PP) 53297 sits above and around OGC's giant Macraes Mine. OGC has a lot of the nearby space covered, but this new Kakanui application is big, it's 526,000 Ha, prospecting for gold and silver, for two years duration if approved. You have to wonder what GEL saw in the earlier intervention scans, and what OGC thinks of all this.
    Last edited by elZorro; 14-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Legend

Overnight TSX saw some profit-taking on the goldies, OGC included. Gold didn't break $1600, got close. GEL held up at CAD46c though.

Here's a map from the Glass Earth website, the Serpentine page. It shows the nearby permits that are granted, and those in progress with Crown Minerals. You can see the area around Macraes and across to Alexandra is well covered.

In May 2011, Crown Minerals had a review, a new name, and staff will increase from 40 to 70 over time.

http://business.scoop.co.nz/2011/04/...business-unit/

New contact details, a work in progress.. http://www.nzpam.govt.nz/cms/news/20...inerals-update

I'm not an expert at trolling through the permits on this nzpam site (same as the old Crown Minerals site). But it looks like the current permits are one database, and the permit applications are another. If anyone wants to have a look, here is the page that gets you into the 'recently granted' or 'applications' area.

http://www.nzpam.govt.nz/cms/online-...ate/CMINPSCURR

To dig your way in to applications (who coded this thing?), first select recent grants and applications, minerals, then change the filter from "applications granted" to "applications received", change the date filter back about another year or so, and select another button called "Search". Then a few pages of listings will appear, remember to press "NEXT" up the top to see the next pages. You cannot search applications under an operator filter, but you can search granted permits in various ways that are easier. Once into the applications, a map will appear if you click the blue rounded blob. See, it's easy.??

Now if someone could stick all of these onto a spreadsheet for us all, I'd be eternally grateful.

GEL is sticking at a price of about CAD 45c, fairly impressive considering there is no news release out. I think this behaviour is related to the gold price, and why not?
    Last edited by elZorro; 16-07-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Legend

Wow, US$gold passes $1600 overnight, the fortune of many goldies is on the rise. GEL up at CAD 48c.

Of course GEL is not recovering a lot of gold, their main focus is on large, hard-rock discovery. They have travelled right over many parts of NZ looking for it, and this shows up in their permits. I've attached a 'work in progress' spreadsheet, with expired permits in yellow, and the current permits left in black. There are many more in progress with NZPAM, still to be entered. I will find out more about loading spreadsheets properly later, for now it's just a screen, showing most of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legend

Just at the moment, GEL is trading at CAD 52c on high volume of 532,000 for the day so far. The NZ trading also saw one of the biggest days' volume in this share. As the chart from the TSX shows, bigger volume has gone into GEL before, the OBV has also been higher. This time I think it's more a broad awakening to the value held in GEL's permits. Should be an interesting day in NZ..

I missed the really big news for today: a press release covering high gold levels at 'Muirs' in Te Puke, from mainly shallow surface sampling and drilling (more mention of a sizeable system). Included in the release is the note that WKP28,29,30 drill results (Newmont JV) are due to be released soon. Since volume on the TSX for GEL is 10x the NZX level, they usually get the news first.

http://tmx.quotemedia.com/article.ph...&qm_symbol=GEL

From NZResources: The importance of WKP perhaps?
    Newmont details limited resources for Waihi

Ross Louthean — 20 July 2011

The updated global reserves and resources for gold mining giant Newmont Mining Corporation has its resources at Newmont Waihi Gold near the bottom of its scale.
    The ultra conservative company has adopted a low key approach to the Waihi operations that were acquired several years ago with the takeover of Australian company Normandy Mining Ltd.
    The latest figures show for the Asia Pacific region – taking in mines in Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand – that Waihi had no attributable measured or indicated material but had an inferred 300,000 tonnes grading 0.14 ounces/tonne (grading just below half an oz to the tonne).
    The figure may well increase in the next inventory with development of the Trio mine to take over underground operations from the maturing Favona mine and, further down the track, Newmont has 70% of the big new WKP West discovery, north of Waihi – in partnership with Glass Earth Gold Ltd.
    The global proven-probable reserves were put at 1.632 billion tonnes grading 0.019 oz/tonne for a contained 31.41 million oz gold.
    The biggest contributor to the gold inventory was Asia Pacific with a total of 1.632 Bt @ 0.019 oz/t, with the big new Boddington mine in Western Australia dominating with about 70% of the tally.
    The US-based company has also used conservative gold prices for its figures -- $US950/oz, $A1,000/oz and $NZ1,200/oz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elZorro; 20-07-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Legend

Sharechat mentions GEL today..http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/a...-at-muirs.html

The Glass Earth site has the best version of this report, it includes a map showing a satellite picture of the area, with drawings showing the Muirs and Massey Reefs, and the sampling lines.

http://www.glassearthgold.com/s/News...eportID=467655

This from Equedia today: would it apply to GEL?

When it comes to investing in juniors, there are many opportunities to hit one out of the ballpark. You can wait for a company to make a discovery or wait for a company to be bought out.

But at the end of the day, you just have to hit a sweet spot - the perfect combination of the right projects, the right people, and the right timing. If all of these ingredients come together, investors who act quickly can make fortunes on the right company.

That's why in the past few months, I have been looking specifically for an early stage company that I believe has the right ingredients to move their projects forward.

Before I introduce this company and their management, let me share a quick story.

Back in 2006, a new mine in Africa and a steady rise in the price of gold lifted a company called Red Back Mining from obscurity in 2006.

Led by Rick Clark, Red Back went from virtually no revenue in 2005 to $45 million just a year later - on the strength of a new and promising mine in Ghana, the Chirano mine. The Chirano mine achieved commercial production in October 2005 and is the start of what propelled Red Back Mining into new territories.

Six years ago, shares of Red Back Mining were trading at less than $2. Over the next five years, Red Back continued to reward its shareholders with tremendous returns, closing at nearly $35 before it was finally sold to Kinross Gold for nearly $7.2 billion.

If you were a Red Back Mining shareholder five years before its takeover and invested $10,000 at $2 per share, you could have made $165,000. That's a gain of 1650%.

That's why getting involved with companies before they ramp up can return investors with big rewards. I love getting involved with companies at an early stage.
    Last edited by elZorro; 21-07-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Legend

GEL valuation.jpg[ATTACH]Attachment 3490[/ATTACH]Attachment 3491[ATTACH]

Here is a screen grab of all the recently applied-for permits by Glass Earth. I can't figure out a way to include the map links on any of the HTML or Code patches, which would make it much more useful. But we can see that while GEL will fund 100% of the prospecting permits, the EPs in Otago are 90:10% split with NZ Minerals, maybe this is an historic arrangement, or NZM are the sugar-daddy for the annual fees? Look at some of the areas, they are quite large, in interesting spots. I don't think there would be any other miners in NZ with this many on the go at once.

The map below shows roughly where the two reefs at the Muirs prospect are located. It looks like a drive down No. 4 Road (Te Puke) will take you right over the top of two gold reefs. These extend down over hilly country, towards flatter horticultural areas.

A 2006 article gives some more background on the area.

http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/lo...-bay-/3700978/

An optimist like myself could type up a spreadsheet, totting up the upper estimates of the finds GEL might make in some of these permits. If these went into production, you can expect an EV ranging from say 70 to 200 multiples of the resources total (AUD). OGC is about 88, it is low. Average is 180 for smaller miners. GEL has always found some gold after narrowing it down using their instrumentation, and more lately the hit rate for larger finds has improved. The fanciful chart does imply that placer or alluvuial gold has a small part to play, but any reasonable hardrock finds would push the value of GEL into the several hundred million dollar valuation range, making it a multi-bagger from where it stands today. I only need one..
    Last edited by elZorro; 26-07-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Legend

GEL raced ahead on good volume on the TSX overnight, resting at 61c (that's Canadian, not NZD) although it went as high as 64c. This could be an expectation of the WKP drilling results to be released soon. We were waiting just for WKP28, but now we are told it's assays of drills 28,29 and 30 to be released.

If NZ were to match the Canadian price today, the share would finish at about NZ 74c. These are good gains already, for any who are steadily accumulating the share.

(NZ tried, but will do better tomorrow?).

Impressive news: Simon Henderson, CEO of Glass Earth, has been invited onto the board of Straterra, a lobbying group for resources in NZ, chaired by the very capable Mark Cadzow of OceanaGold.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/c...en-growth.html
    Last edited by elZorro; 26-07-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Legend

GEL peaked at CAD 65c overnight, resting at 62c (NZ 75c), lower volume of over 100,000 shares, but no news release on WKP yet.

The Straterra organisation is in the same building as Glass Earth Gold, and a few other allied firms, in Wellington. Some big NZ players on the board, including Don Elder of Solid Energy. It will be Simon's job to look after the interests of NZ exploration firms.

http://www.straterra.co.nz/Industry+Links

Legend

GEL has dropped back a small amount on the TSX to match sentiment here, but volume is low. Most who have bought on the way up will be patiently waiting for the WKP results.

I have only just noticed that the Straterra organisation didn't move in with Glass Earth: looks like GEL moved offices from 104 The Terrace, to be part of an industry cluster at 93 The Terrace, Wellington. I assume an accountancy-type office is being left in Auckland, with Peter Liddle running that. Also on the board of Straterra: Mr Glen Grindlay, General Manager of Newmont Waihi Gold.

This looks like a very good move from Glass Earth, and a sign they are being taken seriously by big industry. Looks like the office was relocated sometime between August and November 2010, following on from the serious drilling at WKP (which started in March 2010, and was turning out fairly positive by July 2010).

18 January 2011
    Industry hub at Straterra's premises, 93 The Terrace

Early in 2010 Straterra took a lease over a large office space at 93 The Terrace in Central Wellington. Our vision at that time was to sublet to similar companies and associations to create a hub of resource and sector-based activity and expertise. We have now achieved that vision and are seeing the results. The increased interaction over a range of issues adds value to Straterra’s work in the areas of government policy, government relations, and advocacy for the NZ resource sector and, we think, adds value to the tenant organisations!
    We are pleased to announce the following are co-located with Straterra Inc at 93 The Terrace:
    Chatham Rise Rock Phosphate (exploration), Fortescue Metals Group Pacific Ltd (ironsands exploration), Glass Earth Ltd (gold and other minerals exploration), NZ Energy Corporation (oil & gas and minerals exploration), and two resource-based industry associations.
    From NZ-Energy & Environment subscription newsletter 27 July:

"Muirs Prospect Findings Buoy Glass Earth"

Glass Earth Gold is either more than usually excited, or more than usually organised on the PR front, with the findings of surface channel sampling..
    CEO Simon Henderson sent personalised notes from the US, where he was giving investor presentations, to several news outlets in NZ, stressing the company will now plan a new drilling campaign based on "significant" results..
    The short article concluded with "although the NZAX and Toronto-listed share is always very lightly traded."

I think this situation is likely to change. I have watched this company carefully for most of a few years - they might have been shaky once or twice - but they are certainly not now. In fact, they have to be in a very strong position, and are yet valued at around the capital that has been put in by some savvy investors. Simon was an employee looking over the Muirs site several years ago, so this must be pleasing, to come up with better results within his own company.
    Last edited by elZorro; 31-07-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Legend

It's the start of a new week, a new month, and I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen with GEL's shareprice. There's a conference coming up in NZ, which will give them some press. Not to mention their WKP results due "soon".

I read this in Equedia this morning - compare GEL-OGC or GEL-NEM/NMC.

Many seem to think that once we reach an agreement on the debt ceiling, gold and silver will pull back some of its gains. While this may be true, I don't think the impact will be enough to justify worrying about a major decline in gold prices. Even with gold prices anywhere above $1500, or even $1400, there is a lot of money to be made. That's because even at those levels, the miners are extremely profitable.

Of course, there is still a major disconnect between gold prices and the price of gold miners. This is one question that I get asked a lot.

People don't understand gold miners. While it is riskier to own a gold mining stock than to own gold itself, the leverage far outweighs the risk in my opinion - especially at current valuations.

The real price of gold has risen dramatically which also means the profits of the major mining companies are rising very dramatically. While I like the big producers and own them in my portfolio, I am still much more bullish on the juniors or the new producing gold and silver mining companies.

Let me tell you why. The guys at the top, the Barricks, the Goldcorps and the Kinross' are having a hard time replacing the gold they produce every year. In order to keep shareholders happy and attract new investors, they're now having to pay out dividends for the first time. That's the problem with the majors. All shareholders care about is the next quarter. All they care about is increasing production. But when you increase production, you wear out your mine life and quickly need to find other sources to replace it. As a result, they have to go down the food chain and look for smaller companies to takeover.

That's where the new producers and juniors have an advantage.

The new producers and the juniors are the ones that are finding lots of new gold in the ground. That's where I think the real money is going to be made because the senior mining companies have to pay through their nose to add to their reserves. They have to pay five, six, and sometimes eight hundred dollars an ounce in the ground to buy out some of these companies. When you factor in the costs of the acquisition and the costs to take that gold out of the ground, there really isn't a lot of profits left for the big guys.

When you consider that many of the juniors are currently being valued at less than $50/oz of gold in the ground, the potential for gains can be astronomical. Even at a $500/oz buyout price, that's ten times your return on investment with $50/oz valuations. But that doesn't mean every company with gold in the ground is going to be bought out.

The companies that will be bought out are those with great projects in mine-friendly jurisdictions. They are the companies that are near, or along strike, of other current producing mines and deposits. They are the ones with large unproduced resources. Even if they don't get bought out, the possible fact that they could be considered as a takeover target could send shares through the roof.
    The CHF promotional outfit has provided an article on GEL in June, posted to their site. These special mentions don't come up often, and some of the other data there is out of date. I've only just remembered to have a look there. It's yet another place where you can find a bit of news about GEL.

Science-Driven Exploration Leads Glass Earth Gold to Major Discovery at WKP West

A field trip to New Zealand has confirmed that one of Glass Earth Gold Limited's (TSXV, NZAX: GEL) projects has the potential to deliver the goods for investors, CHF's Director of Operation, Jeanny So said this week. A detailed review of the WKP West project in Waihi with Glass Earth Gold's joint venture partner Newmont verified the enormous potential of this previously understated project.

The WKP prospect is a 2 km mineralised alteration zone hosted in scrubland and regenerated bush 10 km north of Newmont's own Martha and Favona mines (10 million oz gold production to date) and 5 km northeast of the Golden Cross mine (634,000 oz gold production in the 1990s). Newmont has a 65:35% joint venture with Glass Earth and on the drill core table Jeanny So was shown the results from the WKP 27 drill hole. The several hundred metres of hard-silicified core sample is further evidence of broad widths of gold mineralised rock, potentially hosting more than one million tons of gold.

This is not just an isolated drill hole, but follows up from four previous drill holes in the area, each returning broad widths of potentially economic mineralisation (consistently greater than 150 metres with narrow high-grade zones in the 1 oz to 2 oz range).

WKP 27 was a 200 m step-out to the southwest, and provided promising confirmation of these significant intersections with results of 1.4 m @ 30.7 g/t Au and 77.7 g/t Ag, within 152.4 m @ 1.16 g/t Au and 2.22 g/t Ag. With WKP 27 indicating strike continuity of 600 m, and results from further step-out holes pending, the programme continues to suggest open-along-strike potential for several kms southwest.

Results from a completed fifth drill hole are now being analysed and a sixth hole drilling into a new adjacent system is nearing completion.

CSAMT geophysical survey is working well and is generating many more drill targets. An additional three CSAMT lines will help target the next round of drilling. The WKP West discovery is a direct result of Glass Earth Gold's targeting process, and significantly validates this scientific approach to gold exploration.

With results from drill holes WKP 28 and 29 eagerly anticipated and regional exploration on several other high ranking targets continuing, Glass Earth Gold is enjoying a positive and proactive joint venture in the Hauraki region. This is underpinning the Company's wider ambitions and activity throughout New Zealand and investors should look out for more news to come in the near future.
    I think GEL are trying to say (or imply) in their news releases, that WKP and the Golden Cross Mine might be interlinked with mineralisation. Golden Cross is to the South-West of WKP, also tucked away up in the hills.

Drill hole geochemistry at Wharekirauponga, Golden Cross and Ohakuri epithermal gold prospects, New Zealand
    Anthony Christie 1, Richard Carver2, Joel Thomas1, Al McOnie3
    1GNS Science, New Zealand, 2GC Xplore, Australia, 3Consulting Geologist, New Zealand
    Exploration drill hole geochemistry has been compiled in Leapfrog 3D databases for three epithermal Au-Ag prospects in the North Island of New Zealand: Wharekirauponga (WKP) and Golden Cross in the Hauraki Goldfield, and Ohakuri in the Taupo Volcanic Zone. Host rocks are predominantly rhyolite for WKP, andesite and dacite for Golden Cross and rhyolitic ignimbrite for Ohakuri. All three exhibit anomalous As and Sb associated with the Au-Ag mineralisation, but concentrations of Cu, Pb and Zn are generally at background levels. Gold to silver ratios average 0.22 at WKP and 0.25 at Golden Cross, but are much lower at 0.05 at Ohakuri. The Au:Ag ratio generally increases with increasing Au grade. This effect is most pronounced at WKP, less so at Golden Cross, and very mild at Ohakuri. Gold concentrations peak in specific depth ranges: between RL 30 m and 130 m at WKP, between RL 125 m and 200 m at Golden Cross, and between RL 220 m and 260 m at Ohakuri, defining vertical Au zones. Antimony and As peak above and below the Au zones at WKP and Golden Cross, but at the top of the gold zone at Ohakuri.
    http://www.glassearthgold.com/i/pdf/...2011_FINAL.pdf

http://www.nzpam.govt.nz/cms/news/20...archterm=glass
    Last edited by elZorro; 02-08-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Adding data links