sharetrader
Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Legend

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Hi elZorro,

The charts are web based and free for everyone (I believe) Here

I'm looking forward to an announcement! With the recent increaded activity in the last couple of months, I suspect they have something to say which you and I just may want to hear.
    Hi there Yankiwi and Hola to DM,

An ideal press release would include a JPG of some extracted gold being poured (or will it be flakes?) .
    At the end of the day it's not the absolute amount recovered, but more the fact that GEL will have an income stream, they're doing the business.

Thanks for the chart info :o. I had tried supercharts but not the special features down below. The MACD option seems to be the go. I copied this explanation from a bank site.

Simple Moving Average (5, 10, 30, 90, 120, 180 day moving average): This shows the average share price re-calculated at each day for the number of days indicated.

Bollinger Bands: Plots a line usually set to one standard deviation either side of the average (you can set this figure yourself if you prefer). Plotting share price movements against the bands will help you visually identify the degree of volatility for the share you are analysing. When you see a share trading outside the Bollinger Bands you know that volatility is high.

Stochastic Oscillators Fast: Measurements of how close a shares closing price over a given time period is to its high or low prices for the same period. Chartists view these as leading indicators of possible future changes in share price. Very broadly speaking, closing prices that are consistently near the top of the share’s price range indicate buying pressure, while closing prices that are consistently near the bottom of the share’s price range indicate selling pressure.

Relative Strength Indicator (RSI): Compares an average of the closing prices where the share was up on the previous day with the average of the closing prices where a share was down on the previous day to develop a relative strength index.

The volatility of the index will increase the shorter the period used for calculation. The default number of periods for the RSI used by the National Bank Share and Bond Trading system for the measurement is: 10.

Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD): A trend-following momentum indicator that shows the relationship between two moving averages of prices.

The default periods for the MACD used by the National Bank Share and Bond Trading system are: 26, 12 and 9.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    These guys basically put an Exploration Permit on anything that wasn't nailed down and killed big areas for the little guy and his dredge,lots of their ground isn't commercially viable for a big operation but is for a few guys small scale,pissed off a lot of people in the south island as they will never work the stuff the little guys want to.
    I just found a June ODT link to an article about this, and the picture is not so bad, Miner.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/6...ed-large-areas

Still no press release from GEL, but perhaps overnight or tomorrow night we'll see one, on past form.

What do the Canadian investors think of GEL? I found a thread on Stockhouse (TSX) last week, haven't had a decent look at it yet. There are pros and cons about the share of course, but also some details there about the big investors.

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards...3&l=0&pd=2&r=0

the problem is with crown minerals which has a flawed system which stifles the exploration of the nz resources, turning ground over is the go allowing different thinking, exploration methods etc ..
    not tying it up with one operator in a prospecting permit which are to large to properly to explore (Real Estating) is not the go,

be very careful there is better opp. in the market than ge
    unless you are just purely gambling ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kenbeth View Post
    the problem is with crown minerals which has a flawed system which stifles the exploration of the nz resources, turning ground over is the go allowing different thinking, exploration methods etc ..
    not tying it up with one operator in a prospecting permit which are to large to properly to explore (Real Estating) is not the go,

be very careful there is better opp. in the market than ge
    unless you are just purely gambling ?
    No Kenbeth, I have invested in GEL since the IPO, and I really like the technology they are using. I don't think anyone has ever run the geoinformatics system through NZ before GEL. I'm sure Crown Minerals and many research scientists here, are very pleased that they have. That's why some of their previously held research data was released to GEL, so that once GEL had added to it with their data, it could help the general resource.

The point is, what is that data worth, just a few million, or a lot more?

Smile

yes i agree with you with the technology,but crown minerals should have done it themselves as for example the NSW Government’s New Frontiers $16.5 million exploration initiative. and similar programs in South Australia as well,

problem is the system not the companies
    cannot blame them if they can tie the ground up..good commercial practice..

Legend

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kenbeth View Post
    yes i agree with you with the technology,but crown minerals should have done it themselves as for example the NSW Government’s New Frontiers $16.5 million exploration initiative. and similar programs in South Australia as well,

problem is the system not the companies
    cannot blame them if they can tie the ground up..good commercial practice..
    Hi Kenbeth, a lot of our CRI funding (research) comes from FRST. On their site there is this reference:

Box 2 Glass Earth Ltd/Geoinformatics Data Intervention Project
    In 2003, Glass Earth Ltd (GEL) sought all of the geo-science data GNS held for the GEL permit area in the Coromandel and Taupo volcanic regions, to develop a comprehensive 3D geological and structural model for epithermal gold and geothermal exploration. This data intervention project comprised a programme of data identification, collection, validation and modelling, through a number of partnerships with data custodians and 20 primary data sources, including GNS. This assisted the targeting of the subsequent airborne geophysical surveys to improve the 3D model developed by Geoinformatics.
    The negotiation with GNS over 12 months was difficult and long for a number of reasons. Access to the GNS databases had to be negotiated with a large number of individual scientists determine actual ownership (which for some datasets rested with current or former clients), and the format and level of detail of the data to be released. Some GNS scientists were concerned that the GEL project would pre-empt regional synthesis research planned for the future. Others were concerned that the data would be used incorrectly or inappropriately beyond its compiled scale, thus reflecting badly on the custodian and GNS. A few perceived that GEL would make money from “their” data, so wanted to maximise the price for what were predominantly publicly funded research results. There was also debate about the data collation and integration techniques GEL were going to use, and the potential value of aggregated geo-scientific data.
    Finally a licence fee was agreed at a cost of $20,000, on the basis that the data and the derived database would be given back to GNS on completion for their own use, but not for sale(4).

GEL spent $1m to convert the GNS and other data sets into a geo-referenced 3D digital database, and to analyse and interpret the knowledge from the original FRST-funded and DSIR legacy data. This new work equated to the equivalent of 10 person-years work (26 staff employed over 5 months), including geoscientific teams in Australia, New Zealand and India. The subsequent airborne surveys and the follow-up development and interpretation of their fully integrated 3D database and visualisation system took the total GEL spend to $5m.

10.11 This example was a successful partnership between a CRI and a private sector company. FRST-funded data were provided at a modest cost and further investment by the private sector unlocked their commercial value. However, it is also an example of where private sector funding, in the absence of FRST funding for database development, lead to the derived products being locked up in industry IP and not accessible beyond CRI research use. Such derived products have value for a wide range of other users. It also demonstrates the sort of costs involved in developing the value of data, and the time and thus cost of negotiating agreements on individual data sets where their maintenance and development is not fully funded.

(4) The data licence covered 11 databases, including 2 nationally significant databases (“Regional Geological Map Archive and Database”, and “National Petrological Reference Collection and PET Database”), with the understanding that GEL would further investigate another 10 GNS data sets. These additional data sets were separated because they would require considerable work by GNS staff to supply and/or their supply required permission from third parties. GEL was charged conversion fees for data search and extraction required for some of the additional 10 data sets, mostly in the case of hard copy files and maps.
    This shows that way back in 2003, GEL were setting the stage for the results that we should be seeing soon.
    Last edited by elZorro; 05-08-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Reference (4)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    I also sent an email to GEL today, asking when a market announcement could be expected.

The rapid reply from Peter Liddle "Next week"
    Thanks for that Yankiwi, I nearly asked again today but decided to be cool..note that there are stringent requirements on a press release because it has to fit TSX specs as well. Big day for GEL NZ on Tuesday, strong buying. I noted that the TSX showed some volume last night too.

Dartmonkey, do I have to learn Spanish now? Hola DM!

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Dartmonkey, do I have to learn Spanish now? Hola DM!
    Me and you both.
    I had to ask one of the kids.
    He learned Spanish at school and then honed his skills on World of Warcraft playing with South Americans!
    So much for the evils of playing on-line games ...
    The secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dartMonkey View Post
    Me and you both.
    I had to ask one of the kids.
    He learned Spanish at school and then honed his skills on World of Warcraft playing with South Americans!
    So much for the evils of playing on-line games ...
    Como estas dartMonkey,

I, too, am fortunate that my daughter has started on some French and Spanish at College. I did bookkeeping during that stage, now I'm stuck in the office..

It's a crying shame we have to wait until next week for the GEL press release, maybe they're having trouble totting up all the gold eh?