sharetrader
Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    I sold off my small punt this morning for a 26% gain in 2 weeks. :o

If history for me repeats this sould be an excellent indicator for the rest of you. I always seem to sell to early.

Good luck to holders. I hope next weeks news makes the s/p soar for you!
    Yankiwi, I cannot fault your logic: the profit was there. How long would it have taken you to get 25% at the bank?

For myself, I'm in long term, and the reason for that is partly a fascination with the scanning technology, and partly my reasoning that the data and its findings are worth a lot more than the SP would suggest.

Wink

My sentiments to El.If they survive this "grand correction"then we should be quids in.Fingers crossed!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    My sentiments to El.If they survive this "grand correction"then we should be quids in.Fingers crossed!
    Timo, GEL won't have any trouble surviving at their current spend and policy (however the rate of new drilling would have to be lower than it was). It won't take much gold recovery from McAdie to double or triple their staff capacity. And that's before they ask the market for anything. I note also that they are working either with, or near, the two big gold miners in NZ (Newmont and OGC). I think they're in a great position.

Legend

Default McAdie Prospect

I was curious to see where GEL is going to be working:

There is a McAdie Road near Poolburn, which is about 40km north of Alexandra, Otago. Bob Kilgour operates Dunstan Mining Ltd, in Alexandra, so it's not far away.

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&...55017&t=p&z=14

I also found a site that describes a great-looking scenic tour around the area.

http://www.promotedunstan.org.nz/PDS...eBrochure.html

Timo, GEL won't have any trouble surviving at their current spend and policy (however the rate of new drilling would have to be lower than it was). It won't take much gold recovery from McAdie to double or triple their staff capacity. And that's before they ask the market for anything. I note also that they are working either with, or near, the two big gold miners in NZ (Newmont and OGC). I think they're in a great position.
    Yes I agree el,they have great tech. and appear to be managing the current situation very well.Hence GEL is my biggest position in my precious metals portfolio.Alot of potential but there is risk of course.

Legend

Yes I agree el,they have great tech. and appear to be managing the current situation very well.Hence GEL is my biggest position in my precious metals portfolio.Alot of potential but there is risk of course.
    Hi Timo, yes there would be some risk, but how else can ordinary people get a share of this exciting prospecting business? It can't be riskier than spending your capital on setting up a new cafe or a bar (say) and then hoping people will come in the door - ordinary people do that all the time.

Here's a press article about Bob Kilgour's family background re goldmining near Alexandra. Seems to me he'll know what he's doing..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/26238#share

It looks like a smallish operation in the 1930s recovered up to 10lb of gold a day, that's US$150,000 a day!

Sounds like the right guys to have at the goldface so to speak.
    Cheers for the article el.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    Sounds like the right guys to have at the goldface so to speak.
    Cheers for the article el.
    No problem: it's wonderful, this google engine. Wish I'd thought of it..

Keeping an eye out for anything to do with GEL in August, no luck. The CHF site in Canada hasn't been updated since late June. There is this bit of related news on NZ gold production, just out yesterday from Crown Minerals.
    Enjoy!

http://www.crownminerals.govt.nz/cms...past-30-years/

Legend

Here's some more info for the GEL puzzle: alternative income perhaps..

http://www.contrafedpublishing.co.nz...+glitters.html

-and it's also a useful status report on all the NZ gold prospectors.

Go back a couple of years and Lindsay Clark wrote this article:

http://www.contrafedpublishing.co.nz...+thwarted.html

The Geoinformatics data system could be used to find all sorts of minerals and resources, including geothermal power. You will note that there is a company called Glass Earth Geothermal, a wholly owned subsidiary of GEL.

Default Thanks for the info

I just wanted to say thanks for all the information you guys post. It really helps me stay in touch with what's going on with GEL. I have owned GEL for about a year now, and am eagerly awaiting news.

Greetings from Canada