sharetrader
Page 60 of 116 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    The GEL thread has gone quiet for a few days now.The price has softened a bit to $.35
    I've re-entered by picking myself up another holding today.
    Great timing there Yankiwi, I don't think you'll be seeing that price again. I kept an eye on the Glass earth website to see if they'd post the new presentation that CHFIR had. They have done that, but it's a new upmarket version with new data for us.

http://www.glassearthgold.com/i/pres..._April2012.pdf

Take-homes:

Garibaldi is listed as a possible major find, drilling soon.

WKP31: no more data yet. Great satellite map of the WKP area showing how close it is to Golden Cross and the Martha Mine (Newmont).Newmont's threshold for mining WKP appears to be 5Moz. WKP listed for the first time as a probable 3Moz deposit with known data, more to come. Grades shown for alternative open pit or underground, looking at options maybe.

Muirs shown as possible 1Moz deposit, great new maps.

GRU#2 is still at Gunclub, 20oz/week, so Drybread is a substantially better prospect, 2 GRUs there soon, one (GRU#3) running properly since late April. Looks like the BTV video showed Gunclub, not Drybread.

Glass Earth is becoming much more serious about marketing itself. This is very good news for investors, and those wanting to start with a smaller holding. I'm still waiting for my Glass Earth Gold embroidered cap, I reckon I've earnt it.
    Last edited by elZorro; 13-05-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Legend

Time for a realistic look at a valuation for GEL, as there are some figures now.

Since GEL has inferred resources mostly, we have to use the lowest figures given in this article:

GEL might be undervalued by 1/2 right now, but I don't think there are 43-101 ratings for the gold in ground. Muirs is getting closer. I think the reason Newmont wants to see 5Moz at WKP is because they have only 65% of the resource. If they moved to own GEL outright and then announced they're mining WKP, the valuation of the gold at WKP would be greatly increased. Of course, they'd only need 3Moz confirmed to make it worthwhile mining over there.

Here’s How to Value a Junior Miner’s Gold in the Ground

At any given time, we know the international spot price for an ounce of refined gold but what about the gold an exploration or mining company has in the ground – how do we value that? [We have the answer. Read on.]
    So say Louis James and Andrey Dashkov (www.CaseyResearch.com) in further edited excerpts from the original article* which Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.munKNEE.com (It’s all about Money!), has further edited ([ ]), abridged (…) and reformatted below for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. Please note that this paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement. The authors go on to say:

There are several different ways to value a junior miner’s gold in the ground:
    1. Given sufficient data, you can estimate a reasonable net present value (NPV) for a project and deduce what each of the company’s ounces should be worth. To do this, you need to know annual output of the proposed mine, proposed capital expenditures, energy and other costs, and many more things. Unfortunately, for most deposits held by the junior companies we tend to follow, there is just not enough data available.
    2. Another approach is to compare the value the market is giving a company per ounce of gold in hand against the average value the market gives companies with similar ounces. The most obvious way to define “similar” ounces in the ground is to use the three resource and two mining reserve categories defined by Canada’s National Instrument NI43-101 regulations – the industry standard. These are combine these into three broad groups:
    a) Inferred:
    The lowest-confidence category, based on just enough drilling to outline the mineralization.
    b) Measured & Indicated (M&I):
    These higher-confidence categories have been drilled enough to establish their geometry and continuity reasonably well.
    c) Proven & Probable (P&P):
    These are bankable mining reserves – basically Measure and Indicated resources with established value.
    So, what does the market give a company, on average, for an Inferred ounce of gold? M&I? P&P? To answer this, we combed through every company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V) and pulled out the ones with 43-101-compliant gold resource estimates (or mostly gold) – no silver, copper, etc. Of these, we kept only those with resources that fall almost entirely into only one of our three broad groups: Inferred, M&I, and P&P leaving us with about 90 companies to calculate some averages on and we got these numbers:
    US$20 per ounce Inferred
    • US$30 per ounce for M&I
    • US$160 per ounce for P&P
    Resource Potential Percentage GEL's Valuation at $20/oz Valuation at $160/oz
    Name Gold, Moz For GEL Moz Conservative, C$mill Once P&P, C$mill
    WKP 3 35 1.05 $21 $168
    Muirs 1 100 1 $20 $160
    Garibaldi 0 90 0 $0 $0
    Game Hen 0 90 0 $0 $0
    Ophir 0.5 50 0.25 $5 $40
    Placers 0.3 90 0.27 $5 $43
    Totals 4.8 2.57 $51 $411
    Moz Moz C$mill C$mill
    Valuation per share (approx 68 million on issue) $0.78 $6.23
    Multi-bagger status from today's price 2 18
    Last edited by elZorro; 13-05-2012 at 06:04 PM.

dear zorrow...I recently topped up on GEL buying 3000 at 35.....having bought in some years ago....not meaning to put you on the spot....and you may well have declared your status in the past...but do you hold GEL....cheers...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    dear zorrow...I recently topped up on GEL buying 3000 at 35.....having bought in some years ago....not meaning to put you on the spot....and you may well have declared your status in the past...but do you hold GEL....cheers...
    Hi Troy, apart from a brief spell of disillusionment, I have held GEL since the IPO. I have enough stock that my eyes water and my wallet shrinks before me if the share drops.

cheers....understood and appreciated....troy....go well

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    cheers....understood and appreciated....troy....go well
    I guess that's "Go well, go GEL" . That's a tasty parcel of shares sitting at NZ35c there this morning, I hope someone's not confused over the exchange rates. GEL finished at about NZ42c on the TSX last week. The shares might not move far above NZ45c (C35c) until the options thing is settled in early June, but that is also the time GRU#1 will be adding to cashflow at Drybread. From that date on, the price should trend upwards.

I had another thought about WKP: Newmont could buy out just the waihi area JV permits from GEL, and mining would then be at a threshold of 3Moz, and they have an added sweetener in several areas of the permits. The cash would then free up GEL to mine Muirs, or move on to a lot of exploration drilling. Sort of what has happened for Ophir Gold (Bob Kilgour), but on a much bigger scale.

Legend

GEL on C36c or NZ46c overnight, better volume on TSX. Seems to be more awareness about the company's prospects there, than in NZ. Maybe there will be some news in the first part of this week, but I will be away chasing trout, it's raining.

Legend

A bit of contagion affecting most goldie shares, but GEL is holding up better than OGC on average, from what I can see.

Last year, GEL put out the first quarter report on 25th May, and the options are expiring on 7th June. So I'd be expecting some WKP31 data, Game Hen drilling data, any new WKP drilling, and maybe a placer update within a few days. GRU#1 should be nearly ready for transport to Drybread by now, if it's not already there.

Legend

GEL doesn't usually put out news at the end of the week, so perhaps next week we'll see something.

I had a bit of a look for any new permit applications at NZPAM: nothing of note except that Goldmines NZ has applied for a 2 year extension to its large Southland permit that surrounds GEL's area down there. Of course GEL now owns all of Goldmines NZ.

http://www.nzpam.govt.nz/services-dr...12F9A7FF0B09BD

EWT student

Default ST ASX Gold

EWT position over on ASX gold thread
    If I can count correctly now could be a good time to get some more GEL.

Z,
    This gold price point could dry up your eyes, I would like POG to rise also.
    You were not wawy from ST for too long, did you catch a big fish?
    V.
    Tomorrow's trades will prove me wise or otherwise