sharetrader
Page 64 of 116 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Legend

News release overnight: GRU#1 is running at least one shift.

http://tmx.quotemedia.com/article.ph...&qm_symbol=GEL

Heckler is the family name running the sheep farm at "Drybread", the location being called Lauder Creek. 42 ounces of gold a week from both Gunclub and Drybread is short of the intermediate target of 110 ounces, the longer term target being 144 ounces a week for 7,500 ounces a year.

If we extrapolate C$700 profit per ounce from the higher volume scenario (the profit could be a lot less for now), 42 ounces will do little more than cover the $80,000 a month payments that are needed for Bob Kilgour. In turn this means that one or more GRUs will need to be doing longer hours than currently.

But this is all a big step in the right direction, 20 staff working the GRUs and 10 staff doing exploration work elsewhere.

Legend

This is a bit of PR from Glass Earth, in the ODT on 20th June. Might be worth figuring out what the various permit names are, in the description of the GEL placer sites.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/21...ain-going-gold

Some interesting photos there, from the Alexandra workshop.

Legend

Did anyone see Glass Earth all over the news on TV3 tonight? The weekly gold recovery figure quoted was 80 ounces, nearly twice the last figure we have been given. This would be from all three GRUs. If it is correct, this implies the grades are good.

A landowner with the surname Moran was interviewed, and Simon Henderson had a small spiel too.

I received an email from Andrew Hamilton (GEL head office IT) today, clarifying where the GRUs are, and this has helped my understanding of the Drybread area.

With regards to the GRU’s:

#1 is at Morans, #2 is at Nevilles, and #3 is at Hecklers.
    I would have to check if you really want to know, but I’m fairly sure all three are owned by GEGL.

I was down in Alexandra last week and had a trip out to the Drybread site to see the operations for myself, and was impressed. We’ve got a few nice photos I’ll try and get uploaded onto the webpage, and if the videos I did on my phone are any good I’ll put them on too.

The decision regarding names was to not use Farmers names in any public communication, however as we routinely use them internally this hasn’t been strictly adhered to. As such the 3 sites at Drybread should be referred to as Drybread 1, 2, 3 not Hecklers/Morans/Groundwater, and I’ve not heard Lauder Creek before.

Regards,
    Andrew Hamilton, Glass Earth Gold.
    Looks like the Moran farm might be near Muddy Creek Road, which would be to the south of the Hecklers homestead, still on the Drybread permit. See the topo map in this earlier post.

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post372356

Nevilles and Gunclub have been linked before.
    Last edited by elZorro; 02-07-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks El...again...in fact just arrived back from Alex...(went for deer...got goats only)....had I have been aware of the Drybread site...I would have called in....

PS....bloody cold down there....minus 7-9......about 3 during the day......still its pretty much heaven....cheers

...have been buying GEL....hold 15000....

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Thanks El...again...in fact just arrived back from Alex...(went for deer...got goats only)....had I have been aware of the Drybread site...I would have called in....

PS....bloody cold down there....minus 7-9......about 3 during the day......still its pretty much heaven....cheers

...have been buying GEL....hold 15000....
    where'd you go to shoot the deer/goats me n mate going for a shot tomorrow
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

I've just had some wild pig/deer sausages we bought in town, for dinner, does that count? You SI guys should start a new thread on hunting, or at the very least cruise past Drybread and take some photos for me...

My cousin did the Otago Rail Trail bike ride recently and I'm very envious.

I have figured out that Groundwater is probably another farm on the other side of Glassford Road, to the west of the Heckler area. Part of this farm must be on the permit.

...JB....you know the rules....deer and that .....just over the hill......that way.....

Dear el....no...it does not.....re the ORT......its great but make sure you have the prevailing wind.......behind you........its a flat ride......but.................

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ...JB....you know the rules....deer and that .....just over the hill......that way.....

Dear el....no...it does not.....re the ORT......its great but make sure you have the prevailing wind.......behind you........its a flat ride......but.................
    Yeah good one Troy. Up here the local farmers talk of pheasants with tails as long as shovel handles.

For those of us who missed the TV screening , here is the video. Sure enough, the reporter mentions 80 ounces a week. Hmm..If the Moran site has GRU#1, it should be sitting in a big pond.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Modern-gold-b...3/Default.aspx

Yeah it's great explorer country round here love my trailriding now I've got a new 13lt fuel tank should give the KTM least 180km range a good days riding the mountain ranges...pently wildlife round them hills that and gold LOL
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yeah it's great explorer country round here love my trailriding now I've got a new 13lt fuel tank should give the KTM least 180km range a good days riding the mountain ranges...pently wildlife round them hills that and gold LOL
    JB, just be careful that your shiny new metal detector doesn't get caught up in the front wheel.. I assume you've bought one?