sharetrader
Page 8 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Thanks for sharing elZorro.

Did he mention he would be purchasing more shares for himself today?
    No, but he did mention there were some in Toronto for CAN5.5c, and was pleased there was more interest in the company being shown. He thought it was a good result that the two sharetrading forums had made a connection.

I got the impression he would have liked to say more (but couldn't), and even that is good enough for me at this stage.

Thanks Zorro - saves me checking every 10 minutes!
    Interesting - CAN5.5 cents = NZ7.45 cents. Quite a bit cheaper than the current price here of 9 cents.
    They were 6.8 on the TSX yesterday...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Thanks Zorro - saves me checking every 10 minutes!
    Interesting - CAN5.5 cents = NZ7.45 cents. Quite a bit cheaper than the current price here of 9 cents.
    They were 6.8 on the TSX yesterday...
    Yes, but over there, 300k volume can be light trading. I can't see the depth on the ask offers, but some are looking for CAN9.5c. Direct Broking have organised purchases on the TSX in the past (have to be above a certain value though, not sure if they're still doing it), and you can do paperwork to bring those shares back to the NZ exchange later.

As usual, a time machine would be handy, so we could go back and buy some shares at the post-crash price .

But as no-one has been keen to part with any of their NZ: GEL shares for less than NZ9 cents for the last 2-3 days, those that are left on the TSX look a good buy.

You rock el Zorro!

Thanks for the update.

Legend

It's been nagging at me a bit: is NZ a significant gold producer considering the size of the country? I've got some figures here from google, so I hope they're accurate.

Humans worldwide have mined about 158,000 tonnes of gold (just 5080 Moz), and 65% of that was recovered since 1950. 1 troy oz gold =31.1 gram.

NZ had a late start adding to the pile - it was around the 1850s before many miners turned up - and we have contributed 35Moz in total.

Current world production is about 80Moz p.a., with NZ producing 0.5Moz of that (0.6%).

Based on land area, we have 270,530 sq km, so 0.18% of the land. We have historically produced 0.69% of the gold recovered worldwide, so we're punching about four times above our weight.

I'm not a geologist, but one summary I read talks about major gold deposits in South Africa being one type of source, and land masses near the volcanic ring being recycled versions of those deposits (that would be us).

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...d4c2b5cabd8bb7

And I found the last comment very interesting, because scientists very rarely overstate anything.

The overall proportion of gold concentrated in known ore bodies is only 7 × 10− 7 of the estimated total amount of gold available in the continental crust. This is less than the solubility of Au in common crustal fluids. A high potential for the existence of voluminous, hitherto undiscovered, gold resources may thus be inferred.

H.E. Frimmel, Division for Geodynamics and Geomaterials Research, Institute of Geography, University of Würzburg, Am Hubland, D-97074 Würzburg, Germany
    Last edited by elZorro; 15-08-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Amend figures

Good day El Zorro

Thanks for the interesting research! Enjoy your week-end.

N.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ngao View Post
    Good day El Zorro

Thanks for the interesting research! Enjoy your week-end.

N.
    You're welcome Ngao. That handle looks Maori in origin, but you're in Canada?

I just had a look back on the thread, and none of us mentioned the Rise and Shine Prospect that GEL bought in to, in June this year. It's mentioned in a press release on their site, and some more detail here:

http://www.guide2.co.nz/money/news/b...-shine/11/8629

I think GEL must have some very good data around this prospect, as they jumped in when things were fairly tight financially. Another good point, it strengthens their links with OGC and Macraes.

Ngao, can you help fill us in with CanAlaska and their uranium mining? It's apparently even more profitable..

Default Cvv

El Zorro, Where did you come upon this one? It is new to me but their two page fact sheet on investor section of site is very interesting. There is also a 5 page analyst report dated August 13th at:
    www.hotstocked.com

Ngao is/was a suburb of Wellington where I lived for 4 wonderful years.

Default Cvv

Sorry for oversight El Zorro, just read your ref to Rise & Shine and see your connection to CVV.
    N.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ngao View Post
    El Zorro, Where did you come upon this one? It is new to me but their two page fact sheet on investor section of site is very interesting. There is also a 5 page analyst report dated August 13th at:
    www.hotstocked.com

Ngao is/was a suburb of Wellington where I lived for 4 wonderful years.
    Ah, now I get it..you have a fair idea about the geography here then.

Yes, CanAlaska (CVV: TSX) sold down their position at Rise and Shine and Bendigo, to GEL. Their SP has dropped from 75c to as low as 4c over 3 yrs, but is now stable at 17c from the look of it. You Canadians are tough on the smaller companies..but on the rise there's plenty of money to be made.

I rediscovered (on the GEL website!) this brochure from Crown Minerals, dated 2004: Explore NZ Gold, and it's extolling the virtues of NZ for mining prospects, and going back over our mining history. It even mentions some of the ground that GEL snapped up not long after. It explains the types of gold depositions that we have here, with one big map that's quite interesting too.

http://www.glassearthlimited.com/bac...formation.html