sharetrader
Page 79 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283891291795791079 ... LastLast

Yet another PR nightmare for Sky TV with a commercial played after the Haka backfiring bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Yet another PR nightmare for Sky TV with a commercial played after the Haka backfiring bigtime.
    what a joke all pumped up only to be deflated by some dumb ad.
    one step ahead of the herd

Membaa

Fanpass worked like a dream last night, watched the Lions/AB's game (brilliant) and America's Cup, flawless delivery. So sad that I had to buy a whole month $100 and they have the sneaky roll over so if I don't cancel, it's another $100. In this case there's a few more games to come so one more month sub works, but mostly it won't. Anyway, I have to say Fanpass is rock solid but their subscription model sucks and I hate them for that. I want to buy one game, or a day or a week maybe, but these aren't options anymore and SKY have just lost the ****ing plot by withdrawing them. Idiots, they can't see the internet woods for the trees.

SKY and Vodafone terminate their sale & purchase agreement

8:50am, 26 Jun 2017 | GENERAL

Further to the announcement of 1 March 2017, Sky Network Television Limited (“SKY”) (NZX: SKT; ASX: SKT) and Vodafone Europe B.V. , a wholly owned subsidiary of Vodafone Group Plc, have now decided to terminate the sale and purchase agreement (“SPA”) in relation to the proposed merger of SKY and Vodafone New Zealand.
    The parties have also decided to withdraw the appeal of the Commerce Commission decision regarding the proposed merger.
    SKY and Vodafone New Zealand will continue to work together to strengthen our commercial relationship for the benefit of the customers and the shareholders of our respective organisations.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    SKY and Vodafone terminate their sale & purchase agreement

8:50am, 26 Jun 2017 | GENERAL

Further to the announcement of 1 March 2017, Sky Network Television Limited (“SKY”) (NZX: SKT; ASX: SKT) and Vodafone Europe B.V. , a wholly owned subsidiary of Vodafone Group Plc, have now decided to terminate the sale and purchase agreement (“SPA”) in relation to the proposed merger of SKY and Vodafone New Zealand.
    The parties have also decided to withdraw the appeal of the Commerce Commission decision regarding the proposed merger.
    SKY and Vodafone New Zealand will continue to work together to strengthen our commercial relationship for the benefit of the customers and the shareholders of our respective organisations.
    awkward...

under $3 soon i reckon

It might be a bargain at some point... and that point may be below $2

Sky cancelled hand back on the weekend $65 richer now per month and to top it off just got netflix free so all my tv is now free gee feels like a leap back in time lol.

Adapt or die. Netflix has come out with a record number of subscribers beating all market expectations even the highest ones. 13% gain in share price in a single day.

Sky still has time to change their model and move into stability instead of free falling. The way management are running this company though it doesn't sound like it will get to that point. Case in point, the changes to Fanpass might help improve profits and revenue in the short term due to the Lions tour but it really hurts their brand long term. People recognise it straight away that they are being gouged especially as deliberate as Sky did it. Spark was able to identify shifts in the market very early on and the negative connotations its name and product had under "Telecom" and "Xtra" but they were able to change things before it was too late.

I wouldn't hold my breath with Sky.
    Last edited by value_investor; 20-07-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Membaa

Insightful comments, completely agree!