sharetrader
Page 53 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657631031535531053 ... LastLast

Have to agree, I did not renew my sub. due to the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Yes - IMO in the very near future they will need to address pricing issues and separation of the content bundles if they want to survive.

Veteran novice

Is anyone else watching the Euro 2016 games via MySky only to see the recording abruptly finish during a game's extra time? I was advised to extend the recording time to the maximum of 10 minutes but this is of little use when extra time and, potentially, a penalty shoot out takes up to 45 minutes. My solution - to be tested tomorrow morning - is to also record the following programme on the particular channel. Why SKY's programming staff don't have the wit to allow for this contingency when the competition reaches the knockout stages is beyond me!

Disc: Not a SKY shareholder.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Is anyone else watching the Euro 2016 games via MySky only to see the recording abruptly finish during a game's extra time? I was advised to extend the recording time to the maximum of 10 minutes but this is of little use when extra time and, potentially, a penalty shoot out takes up to 45 minutes. My solution - to be tested tomorrow morning - is to also record the following programme on the particular channel. Why SKY's programming staff don't have the wit to allow for this contingency when the competition reaches the knockout stages is beyond me!

Bah!. Set my tivo remotely to record the dunedin nz Wales game. Scheduled finish after 2.5 hours but ends up being the 80 minute mark. Recording stops just as scrum sets. Bugger me - should have set extra time!

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

Like send through a hit to all the cards so that the recording continues after the allocated time slots? Uuuum I would have to think they would have to check every feed for every event running longer than expected and then send through an update to all set top boxes with the time adjusted recording. Yeah good luck with that

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Like send through a hit to all the cards so that the recording continues after the allocated time slots? Uuuum I would have to think they would have to check every feed for every event running longer than expected and then send through an update to all set top boxes with the time adjusted recording. Yeah good luck with that
    No, a simple matter of the programming allowing more time for the games where extra time is a possibility, instead of the current practice of scheduling highlights from games played a few days previously. These games are being shown on a special "Football Pop-up" channel so clashing with other live events isn't an issue.

Unreal. Tried to cancel Sky in one of my houses. Didn't really mind the expense, was happy to keep it, but have literally been able to use it due to rain fade problems. Happens every winter. Made the process difficult and now say they will bill me for the next 28 days for a service they literally cannot deliver to me and that I am not receiving.

End result, for the extra $80 they will receive?

I will now cancel both Sky AND Vodafone for every house, business and organisation I am involved in and have the power to do so and under no circumstances ever deal with either company again. (combined spend, thousands a month)

I have a rule for businesses I'm involved with : if a client wants to leave, let them, make it easy, and give them extremely good assistance as they're leaving. Odds are, you'll get their custom again should circumstances be different. How people act when they get a "no" tells you far more about them than when they get a "yes".

I now know everything I need to know about this organisation. Never again.

P.S I asked my neighbours if they'd been having the same problems. The half that hadn't already cancelled said yes, and are planning to cancel. Am now beginning analysis of SKT as a short opportunity. Post merger this thing is going to be even more of a mess than the two companies were individually.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Unreal. Tried to cancel Sky in one of my houses. Didn't really mind the expense, was happy to keep it, but have literally been able to use it due to rain fade problems. Happens every winter. Made the process difficult and now say they will bill me for the next 28 days for a service they literally cannot deliver to me and that I am not receiving.

End result, for the extra $80 they will receive?

I will now cancel both Sky AND Vodafone for every house, business and organisation I am involved in and have the power to do so and under no circumstances ever deal with either company again. (combined spend, thousands a month)

I have a rule for businesses I'm involved with : if a client wants to leave, let them, make it easy, and give them extremely good assistance as they're leaving. Odds are, you'll get their custom again should circumstances be different. How people act when they get a "no" tells you far more about them than when they get a "yes".

I now know everything I need to know about this organisation. Never again.

P.S I asked my neighbours if they'd been having the same problems. The half that hadn't already cancelled said yes, and are planning to cancel. Am now beginning analysis of SKT as a short opportunity. Post merger this thing is going to be even more of a mess than the two companies were individually.
    I think your rule for businesses you are involved in should be an example for all NZ businesses.
    I totally agree it is the right way to conduct a successful business.

Maybe you have other reasons but when almost all sports now being internet streamed in HD, I see no reason why anyone would ever want or need a SKY subscription. As for the movies, watching a new release picture on the theatre is a better way of appreciating a good film. But then again, it's your money so your call really.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Maybe you have other reasons but when almost all sports now being internet streamed in HD, I see no reason why anyone would ever want or need a SKY subscription. As for the movies, watching a new release picture on the theatre is a better way of appreciating a good film. But then again, it's your money so your call really.
    The reason I stayed with it is I like paying for content, especially if it is all in one place and easy. I'm a big believer in valuing intellectual property. I want to be paid for mine, I should pay for other peoples.

The truth is, if they can't even keep me, given that most people under 25 think content should be free as a right, they're totally doomed.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Advanced Member

Personally was considering giving them the flick. However they have just regained the rights to show premier league football after an agreement with bien.

Difference this time aroiund is they are putting Football on a pay per view channel. So will actually be paying them more now. Delighted though as having a season with no decent football feed was looking a distinct possibility after premierleaguepass lost the rights.

I know everything is available on the internet for free, however i cannot be bothered scrambling around looking for dodgy football feeds, riddled with advertising and malware. Half the football feeds are in Spanish and are often pulled mid match, forcing a hunt for another feed.

Regarding the rain fade issue. Happened to me, turned out the cable had fallen out and inadvertantly put back in the wrong slot. Nothing to do with the dish at all.