sharetrader
Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    Well I am far happier and its cheaper. My wireless performance is better than copper and you have to rewire for VDSL. Read the spark latest report and the no going on wireless instead of fibre.It does destroy the economics .I think that is why spark is gaining share price and chorus going down.
    You shouldn't have to re-wire for VDSL, it's the same old copper wires from the street into your home and they make a change to your port at the switch (that's the cabinet out on the road somewhere nearby) .. then bingo, your speeds ramp up, a lot.

Anyway that won't bother you if you're happy to have shifted to wireless broadband. In my case I have a household who have umpteen devices connected at all times and they are simultaneously and constantly smashing the internet, so we like wired VDSL which is the only high speed option in Paradise, where I live.

Membaa

Run this on your Mobile, VDSL, Fibre .. let us know what your speeds are, and whether anyone else is using your connection at the same time: http://www.speedtest.net

VDSL : Mine right now, 8:40pm week night is 36 down 6 up. We have mum streaming Lightbox, daughter streaming a Netflix movie, and son smashing the internet on some Xbox live game with half a dozen of his mates.

Lucky I even get a connection! Lol.

Try that with rural mobile broadband.

Yeah I think the growth of data that is growing at a rapid rate will quickly make wireless broadband unfeasible option for most.

(92mbit on fibre)
    Last edited by bung5; 12-04-2017 at 08:44 PM.

I remember asking Crown Fibre what use fibre to the home was and being told it was to run movies. The average household doesn"t need it . Wireless advances will give more capacity. I will not hold shares in any telecomms companies because the rate of technological change does not give enough time to recover investments and that includes TTK.Surely the losses on the recent purchase must make you doubt the boards capability.$20m.??

I think most people will be watching TV/movies over internet . Even if sky isn't completely taken over by its competitors it will makes sense for it to deliver its content over fibre/IP ...much cheaper than satellite .

38% of Teens Watch Netflix Every Day; More Than YouTube and Cable TV
    https://www.streamingobserver.com/ne...n-cable-falls/

So TeamTalk is down to 74, 6cps below Spark's offer.

Is that part of TTKs plan? Everyone would have done much better to sell out at 80 cps on the market before Spark's offer lapsed!

Methinks the TTK directors and management were primarily concerned about their director's fees and salaries and couldn't give a stuff about the TTK shareholders to whom they made bold, untrue assertions!

Advanced Member

What kind of plan would that be? Besides the market dictates the share price not the management. Sellers now could be booking profit from recent purchases in the 40-50c range who knows? I'm considering buying a few more.

The market gives a weighted and usually informed view of the management's ability,or lack of it. Consider TTK's trajectory before the Spark offer came up.

Before I buy into a share I consider, inter alia, can I buy in and out, without moving the price?

Certainly you could probably buy in, at the moment, but out?

How good will the dividends be? On history, not. What share price growth will there be? Probably negative, given the pre Spark trajectory.

Advanced Member

Fair enough - actually over $1 could have been comfortably achieved not 80c I guess time will tell but they have said dividends likely to be restored.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    The market gives a weighted and usually informed view of the management's ability,or lack of it. Consider TTK's trajectory before the Spark offer came up.

Before I buy into a share I consider, inter alia, can I buy in and out, without moving the price?

Certainly you could probably buy in, at the moment, but out?

How good will the dividends be? On history, not. What share price growth will there be? Probably negative, given the pre Spark trajectory.
    And the market thought TTK was worth about half of what Spark offered, before the offer, and before TTK sold off a significant chunk of the business to Voda. Result being that while there's going to be a healthy cash balance from the sale, the revenue and profit profile reduce significantly. Ergo the value of the company is re-rated from here to whatever the market thinks the cash balance + the remaining business is worth.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the Board who have really struggled to realise the company vision with some poor acquisitions that never really fire up, have no idea how to re-invest the returns from selling assets and fritter that away on unwarranted dividends to shareholders, like a equity return. That would leave them with pre-Voda sale SP, minus cash, equals less than the SP before the Spark offer and the sale.

Anyway who knows, it remains to be seen how TTK respond to having a pile of cash, a smaller business, and a predisposition to rewarding shareholders with dividends.