sharetrader
Page 69 of 91 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Just read the traget company statement which came in today's post - SPK have no hope at 80c and the market clearly thinks so too

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Demand not short for a undervalued turn-around. Share price doing exceedingly well and likely to continue.

Interesting comment from Spark about the valuation report, which for an investor I want to face-palm myself (if price were everything then premium prices on tech companies would be absolutely justified instead of fundamentals! I believe the famous saying is, price is what you pay, value is what you get)

"We believe the valuation lacks real world credibility," said Spark chief financial officer David Chalmers. "The top end of the range represents a premium to the last trading price before the Spark notice of intention of 369 per cent, which is patently absurd."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11824006

LOL Bobdn...make sure you don't suffer pre share jaculation (if you be man) or of course if a woman it could be a multi-orgasmic going on for days or weeks? However your call of course....I'm riding this one out whatever happens but love seeing some action finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Another day in paradise. However, I'm starting to get twitchy.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Isn't hindsight a bugger sometimes....I remember looking seriously at this when it was languishing in the 40's and thinking..wow what an opportunity to average down my buy price quickly and for very little money. Unfortunately at the time cash was a bit short so I let it go. Wow what a mistake that was. As I've said before the DeLorean is always in the flippin garage when I need to borrow it
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Don't beat yourself up. I reread the whole thread last night and see you picked some up in the 50 cent range. Excellent buying and combined with the mega dividends over the last 10 years I'm sure things are working out just dandy for you now.

Looks like Team Talk is a goner from the price behaviour over the last 3 days. A major holder/holders must have seen sense and made some promises to Spk - anyone have any info on that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Looks like Team Talk is a goner from the price behaviour over the last 3 days. A major holder/holders must have seen sense and made some promises to Spk - anyone have any info on that?
    I don't see how you can say TTK is a "goner". The SPK offer at 80c is still on the table unless you have knowledge that they are going withdraw their bid in view of Voda buying 70% of Farmside? If that should happen then it is back to the long wait for the new management to turn the company around and restore dividends. Even then, I very much doubt if the share price will head back to 40c odd since, if nothing else, these corporate actions are showing that the company has more value than that.
    As to the radio network, it may seem "old hat" and a sunset technology but fleets still find it a good form of communication and organisations wanting alternative comms with a better reach than cellular are going to remain interested. As to sunset technology, that is not really the case because there is continuing development for it, which is why part of Andrew's strategy is to increase value by applying digital services over it. This requires investment in new equipment and services. Has anyone researched what transfer speeds can be achieved over radio these days? I don't have time right now to do that.

My understanding from what I've read is that the Farmside deal doesn't go ahead if Spark takes TTK out and of course in that case TTK will no longer be quoted i.e. no share price. I think the days for assuming business as usual are gone.

Ok, sold 25 per cent of my shares (6600) for $1. That means a nice little profit. I bought at .93 and have received three dividends. High roller!

Now that I've relieved some tension, ill hold the rest to see what happens. I enjoy an adventure.

That's probably a lot better than most investors Bobdn. There has been (relatively speaking) a lot of action in that 80 to $1 range and there wont be too many holding at a lower price than yours so your downside potential is low in my opinion. Certainly the independent valuers would support that as well. As you say interesting and adventurous times ahead. I must admit most of my mistakes have been selling earlier than I should rather than later. Hope I am correct this time but nothing is guaranteed in the share market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Ok, sold 25 per cent of my shares (6600) for $1. That means a nice little profit. I bought at .93 and have received three dividends. High roller!

Now that I've relieved some tension, ill hold the rest to see what happens. I enjoy an adventure.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz